a committee having supervisory powers
"the board has seven members"
a stout length of sawn timber; made in a wide variety of sizes and used for many purposes
a flat piece of material designed for a special purpose
"he nailed boards across the windows"
food or meals in general
"she sets a fine table"; "room and board"
table, display panel, control board, panel, plug-in, tabular array, circuit card, mesa, instrument panel, board, add-in, circuit board, plank, card, display board, control panel, dining table, gameboard
display panel, display board, boardnoun
a vertical surface on which information can be displayed to public view
dining table, boardnoun
a table at which meals are served
"he helped her clear the dining table"; "a feast was spread upon the board"
control panel, instrument panel, control board, board, panelnoun
electrical device consisting of a flat insulated surface that contains switches and dials and meters for controlling other electrical devices
"he checked the instrument panel"; "suddenly the board lit up like a Christmas tree"
table, display panel, control board, panel, plug-in, circuit card, instrument panel, gore, jury, board, add-in, circuit board, plank, dialog box, venire, card, display board, control panel, dining table, gameboard
circuit board, circuit card, board, card, plug-in, add-innoun
a printed circuit that can be inserted into expansion slots in a computer to increase the computer's capabilities
table, display panel, control board, notice, panel, wag, plug-in, circuit card, carte du jour, identity card, instrument panel, menu, bill of fare, board, add-in, batting order, circuit board, carte, scorecard, lineup, bill, calling card, plank, poster, wit, visiting card, card, display board, posting, control panel, dining table, placard, gameboard
a flat portable surface (usually rectangular) designed for board games
"he got out the board and set up the pieces"
board, get onverb
get on board of (trains, buses, ships, aircraft, etc.)
get on, age, shape up, progress, bestride, come on, climb on, be on, board, come along, senesce, get along, room, get along with, mount up, get on with, mount, advance, jump on, mature, hop on, maturate
live and take one's meals at or in
"she rooms in an old boarding house"
lodge and take meals (at)
provide food and lodging (for)
"The old lady is boarding three men"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
cover with boards
furnish with meals
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use Board in a sentence?
We're going to get some of their board members up here, and see what kind of responsibilities their board members are taking for the management of Wells Fargo, we're going to have hearings, absolutely.
I'm not disappointed how I played because I thought I played good but I'm disappointed I didn't hole my fair share of putts, it's back to the drawing board now, I've got to try to visually see my lines.
( iStock) MODERATE DRINKERS STILL AT HIGHER RISK FOR CANCER, EARLY DEATH, ALCOHOL STUDY CLAIMS This decision was reportedly at least partially inspired by a story recently shared by Tahiirah Habibi, the founder of Hue Society, which works to bring diversity to wine culture. Shediscussed her experience taking a two-day exam to become part of the Court of Master Sommeliers with the newspaper. Habibi said she was told to address the instructors as master, which made her uncomfortable due to the historical weight of the title. While she passed the first round, she did not return for the remainder. CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP According to The New York Times, Devon Broglie, the chairman of the courts board of directors, said that The Court of Master Sommeliers was learning the ways in which our words might create an unwelcoming environment for our students and candidates. In this instance, it was hearing the story of Tahiirah Habibi that brought so clearly and deeply into focus how hurtful our words can be, however unintentional.
On the basis of a final compliance notice... the EWG agreed that the Greek authorities have now completed the first set of milestones and the financial sector measures that are essential for a successful recapitalization process, the agreement paves the way for the formal approval by the ESM Board of Directors on Monday 23 November of disbursing the 2 billion euro sub-tranche linked to the first set of milestones.
It's certainly a game changer, unions and workers have been frustrated by these triangulated relations that the board condoned in the past. It certainly opens the door to more organizing.
Translations for Board
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- дъска́, съвет, качвам се на борда, мантинела, табло, борд, взимам на абордаж, табло́Bulgarian
- prkno, deska, tabuleCzech
- Brett, Gremium, an Bord gehen, einsteigen, entern, Pult, Tafel, Schlag, beherbergenGerman
- πίνακας, επιτροπή, σανίδα, συμβούλιο, διατροφή, σίτισηGreek
- tablero, tabla, comité, junta, pizarra, pizarrón, embarcar, buró, abordar, consejo, bordoSpanish
- تخته, پول غذا و مکان, هیئتPersian
- halssi, lauta, levypallo, ruoka, kytkintaulu, taulu, majoittaa, majoittua, levy, hallitus, johtokunta, lautakunta, kylki, legi, luovi, laita, sähkötaulu, nousta, entrataFinnish
- planche, compteur, aborder, tableau, plateau, conseil d'administration, embarquerFrench
- oastys, aaghtManx
- felszáll, élelmezHungarian
- 板, ホワイトボード, 委員会, 乗り込む, 宿泊料金, 黒板Japanese
- такта, стол, кемеге отурKyrgyz
- dēlis, borts, tāfeleLatvian
- papa, eke, papatuhituhi, poariMāori
- logement, paneel, bord, instappen, logies verschaffen, enteren, plank, controlebord, aan boord gaan, opstappen, raad, logerenDutch
- brett, entre, gå ombord, bord, vant, borde, planke, tavle, styre, losjere, panelNorwegian
- tábua, rebatida, painel de controle, quadro, embarcar, hospedar, conselho, comitê, diária, taco, despesa, lousa, [[hospedar]]-[[se]], bordo, juntaPortuguese
- сесть, правле́ние, комите́т, столова́ться, [[идти́]] [[на]] [[аборда́ж]], доска́, стол, стенд, панель, сове́т, руково́дство, [[подня́ться]]/[[поднима́ться]] [[на]] [[бо́рт]], колле́гия, [[предоставля́ть]] [[пансио́н]], пала́та, борт, коммута́тор, сади́ться, таблоRussian
- odbor, komitetSerbo-Croatian
- tavla, styrelse, gå ombord, borda, äntra, bräda, skiva, nämnd, inackorderaSwedish
- సమితి, నల్లబల్ల, తెల్లబల్ల, బోర్డు, చెక్కబల్లTelugu
- borda, tahta, bordalamakTurkish
Get even more translations for Board »
Find a translation for the Board synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)