chill, iciness, gelidity(noun)
coldness due to a cold environment
frisson, shiver, chill, quiver, shudder, thrill, tingle(noun)
an almost pleasurable sensation of fright
"a frisson of surprise shot through him"
prickling, tremble, shaking, bang, pall, shake, trembling, thrill, kick, tingling, frisson, flush, shakiness, tingle, shudder, charge, quivering, gelidity, shiver, vibration, tremor, chill, quiver, shivering, iciness, palpitation, boot, rush
a sensation of cold that often marks the start of an infection and the development of a fever
a sudden numbing dread
depress or discourage
"The news of the city's surrender chilled the soldiers"
cool, chill, cool down(verb)
make cool or cooler
"Chill the food"
cool, chill, cool down(verb)
"The air cooled considerably after the thunderstorm"
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use CHILL in a sentence?
If there's no deal anymore and there's no chance for rehashing the one that was voted down, I think there will be a lot of concern, definitely from bondholders, now it seems that there is really no direction. I think that will give a considerable chill to the markets here.
I do have a strong sense that some part of the explanation is a chill wind that has blown through American law enforcement over the last year.
If you make people have to guess whether or not they’ll be arrested for something they say, that is a chill on the First Amendment and on free speech.
Will I share it with you tonight? I've had so much drama today, I'm just going to chill. How's that? Was that fair?
People think that these students will go home and party and chill and mom and dad will take care of them. Some of them will. Good for them. But a lot of them aren't in that situation.
Translations for CHILL
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- хлад, охлаждам, хладен, закалявам, студен, мраз, охладнявам, закалявам сеBulgarian
- Kälte, Schauer, Kälteschauer, abkühlen, chillen, Frost, kühler, Kühle, abschrecken, kühlen, relaxenGerman
- fresco, enfriar, fríoSpanish
- puistatus, kylmät väreet, karkaista, karkaistua, ottaa rennosti, viileä, väristys, viileys, jäähtyä, kylmentyä, viilentää, jäähdyttääFinnish
- froid, fraicheur, frisson, se relaxerFrench
- fuaraichScottish Gaelic
- קרירות, קריר, קרירה, צינהHebrew
- freddezza, raffreddamento, raffreddare, freddo, brivido, rilassarsi, frescura, fresco, brivido di freddo, gelo, raffreddarsi, calmarsiItalian
- chille, avkjøle, kjølneNorwegian
- hakʼazNavajo, Navaho
- холод, прохлада, мороз, озноб, дрожьRussian
Get even more translations for CHILL »
Find a translation for the CHILL synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)