the main meal of the day served in the evening or at midday
"dinner will be at 8"; "on Sundays they had a large dinner when they returned from church"
dinner, dinner party(noun)
a party of people assembled to have dinner together
"guests should never be late to a dinner party"
The main meal of the day, often eaten in the evening.
A midday meal .
A meal given to an animal.
Give the dog its dinner.
A formal meal for many people eaten for a special occasion.
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use DINNER in a sentence?
Strategy is buying a bottle of fine wine when you take a lady out for dinner. Tactics is getting her to drink it.
i eat nick crompton for breakfrest lunch and dinner he is my main slave i love him.
I vowed this year — just sparkling water—stay away from the wine — but the dinner was so delicious it needed wine. she said, BUBIE, you were sleeping!
If we can all just chill out for the next two to three weeks, consistent with the mask mandate, we are undermining our ability to start school and keep businesses open because we want to have dinner with our friends who come in from out of town.
In September of last year, I met a woman at a party. We exchanged numbers. We texted back and forth and eventually went on a date. We went out to dinner, and afterwards we ended up engaging in sexual activity, which by all indications was completely consensual, the next day, I got a text from her saying that although 'it may have seemed okay,' upon further reflection, she felt uncomfortable. It was true that everything did seem okay to me, so when I heard that it was not the case for her, I was surprised and concerned. I took her words to heart and responded privately after taking the time to process what she had said.I continue to support the movement that is happening in our culture. It is necessary and long overdue.
Translations for DINNER
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- غداء, عشاءArabic
- вячэра, абедBelarusian
- банкет, хранене, обед, вечеряBulgarian
- šlichta, oběd, večeře, žrádlo, krmeníCzech
- Futter, Mittagessen, HauptmahlzeitGerman
- μεσημεριανό, φαγητό, γεύμα, κύριο γεύμα, τροφή, δείπνοGreek
- illallinen, päivällinen, ruoka, lounasFinnish
- dîner, déjeuner, souperFrench
- रात का खानाHindi
- ebéd, vacsoraHungarian
- makan malamIndonesian
- cena, pranzoItalian
- ארוחת ערבHebrew
- 夕食, 昼食, 昼飯, 正餐Japanese
- vakarienė, ėdalas, jovalas, pietūsLithuanian
- vakariņas, pusdienasLatvian
- вечера, ручекMacedonian
- цайллага, оройн хоол, дайллага, үдийн хоол, амьтны хоол, өдрийн хоолMongolian
- makan malamMalay
- ċena, pranzuMaltese
- voer, avondeten, middageten, avondmaaltijd, lunch, dinee, middagmaaltijd, avondmaal, middagmaal, etenDutch
- middagNorwegian Nynorsk
- eʼeʼáahgo daʼadánígííNavajo, Navaho
- obiad, bankietPolish
- banquete, prândio, jantar, ceia, ração, almoçoPortuguese
- nutreț, masă de seară, dineu, prânz, banchet, cinăRomanian
- ужин, банкет, еда, корм, обедRussian
- cena, chenaSardinian
- večera, ручак, обед, ručak, obed, вечераSerbo-Croatian
- večera, obedSlovak
- večerja, južina, kosilo, obedSlovene
- akşam yemegiTurkish
- вечеря, обідUkrainian
- bữa trưa, bữa tối, bữa chiềuVietnamese
Get even more translations for DINNER »
Find a translation for the DINNER synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)