a transparent piece of diamond that has been cut and polished and is valued as a precious gem
very hard native crystalline carbon valued as a gem
rhombus, rhomb, diamond(noun)
a parallelogram with four equal sides; an oblique-angled equilateral parallelogram
a playing card in the minor suit that has one or more red rhombuses on it
"he led a small diamond"; "diamonds were trumps"
baseball diamond, diamond, infield(noun)
the area of a baseball field that is enclosed by 3 bases and home plate
ball field, baseball field, diamond(noun)
the baseball playing field
I have only one diamond in my hand.
made of, or containing diamond, a diamond or diamonds.
He gave her diamond earrings.
of, relating to, or being a sixtieth anniversary.
Today is their diamond wedding anniversary.
of, relating to, or being a seventy-fifth anniversary.
Today is their diamond wedding anniversary.
Something that resembles a diamond.
The infield of a baseball field.
The teams met on the diamond.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
DIAbetes MONDiale www2.umdnj.edu/~shi
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use Diamond in a sentence?
Kennady is the only company that is doing any serious diamond exploration in the Northwest Territories, and if we weren't there already, we wouldn't go there now.
The only difference between a genius and one of common capacity is that the former anticipates and explores what the latter accidentally hits upon; but even the man of genius himself more frequently employs the advantages that chance presents him; it is the lapidary who gives value to the diamond which the peasant has dug up without knowing its value.
It was pandemonium. They weren't just giving money, but shoes, watches and diamond rings, there were people dropping alligator shoes on the altar.
He always wanted to be the center of attention, he wanted to be the one who was proposed to. He wanted to be the one with the big diamond ring. He told his aunt he was going to dance down the aisle at his wedding.
If they have a choice between a diamond that was created three billion years ago by nature and one grown in a factory last week, customers want the real thing.
Translations for Diamond
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- الماس, الماسة, ديناريArabic
- brilyant, almazAzerbaijani
- бриллиант, алмас, гәүһәрBashkir
- алма́з, дыяме́нт, брылья́нтBelarusian
- диама́нт, каро́, бриля́нт, диамантенBulgarian
- diamant, camp interiorCatalan, Valencian
- deimwnt, diemwntWelsh
- ruder, diamantDanish
- Brillant, Karo, DiamantGerman
- gema, diamanteSpanish
- ruutu, teemantEstonian
- الماس, خشتPersian
- [[hyvin]] [[vaalea, ruutu, timantti, baseballkenttä, hailakansininen, [[baseball, timantti-Finnish
- diamant, carreau, diamanterFrench
- diamantWestern Frisian
- diamant, muileata, diamaintIrish
- gyémánt, káróHungarian
- ադամանդ, ալմաստ, ագուռArmenian
- intan, berlianIndonesian
- ダイヤ, ダイヤモンド, 金剛石Japanese
- ალმასი, ბრილიანტიGeorgian
- ពេជ្រ, ត្បូងពេជ្រ, ការ៉ូKhmer
- deimantas, briliantasLithuanian
- dimants, briljantsLatvian
- каро́, дијама́нт, ба́клава, дијамантскиMacedonian
- intan, almasMalay
- inleggen met diamant, diamantDutch
- óolaNavajo, Navaho
- diament, karo, brylant, brylantowa, diamentowa, diamentowyPolish
- diamante, ourosPortuguese
- [[бейсбольный, адама́нт, бу́бны, алма́з, брю́лик, бриллиа́нт, алмазный, диама́нт, брилья́нт, ромб, бу́бнаRussian
- dijamant, дијамантSerbo-Croatian
- démant, diamántSlovene
- diamant, innerplan, ruter, brilliant, basebollplan, diamond, ruterkort, diamantbelägga, år, diamant-Swedish
- almasi, uruSwahili
- elmas, pırlantaTurkish
- алма́з, діама́нт, алмазUkrainian
- ہیرا, ہیرےUrdu
- kim cươngVietnamese
Get even more translations for Diamond »
Find a translation for the Diamond synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Український (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)