murder, slaying, execution(verb)
unlawful premeditated killing of a human being by a human being
slaying, performance, carrying into action, death penalty, implementation, execution, instruction execution, capital punishment, execution of instrument, executing, carrying out, murder, writ of execution
murder, slay, hit, dispatch, bump off, off, polish off, remove(verb)
kill intentionally and with premeditation
"The mafia boss ordered his enemies murdered"
shoot, dispatch, despatch, complete, wrap up, hit, arrive at, transfer, attain, send off, finish up, reach, eat up, take out, move out, get rid of, strike, score, finish, make, polish off, collide with, gain, mangle, withdraw, tally, off, finish off, absent, run into, stumble, slay, impinge on, clear up, murder, rack up, mutilate, mop up, discharge, come to, take away, take, pip, get through, bump off, remove
mangle, mutilate, murder(verb)
alter so as to make unrecognizable
"The tourists murdered the French language"
To deliberately kill (a person or persons).
The woman found dead in her kitchen was murdered by her husband.
To defeat decisively.
Our team is going to murder them.
To kick someone's ass or chew someone out (used to express one’s anger at somebody).
He's torn my best shirt. When I see him, I'll murder him!
to devour, ravish.
I could murder a hamburger right now.
English Synonyms and Antonyms
To kill is simply to deprive of life, human, animal, or vegetable, with no suggestion of how or why. Assassinate, execute, murder, apply only to the taking of human life; to murder is to kill with premeditation and malicious intent; to execute is to kill in fulfilment of a legal sentence; to assassinate is to kill by assault; this word is chiefly applied to the killing of public or eminent persons through alleged political motives, whether secretly or openly. To slay is to kill by a blow, or by a weapon. Butcher and slaughter apply primarily to the killing of cattle; massacre is applied primarily and almost exclusively to human beings, signifying to kill them indiscriminately in large numbers; to massacre is said when there is no chance of successful resistance; to butcher when the killing is especially brutal; soldiers mown down in a hopeless charge are said to be slaughtered when no brutality on the enemy's part is implied. To despatch is to kill swiftly and in general quietly, always with intention, with or without right.
To kill with or by sword, famine, pestilence, care, grief, etc.; killed for his money, by a robber, with a dagger.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use Murder in a sentence?
When somebody who we already know is responsible for the kidnapping, rendition, murder and torture of other people in this category sends you a text message warning that bad things will happen to you, it's fair to assume that he means business.
Don't make any friends, just murder everyone.
Any fatality, any shooting, any murder of a police officer is a tragedy for that officer, the family and society -- and any one of them is one too many, but there's no evidence of an open war on police. In fact, the evidence is to the contrary.
So it makes use harder to reach out and gain the trust of those communities. are they a bad group of people who extort? Who murder? Yes.
I don't know how you would characterize the gang leaders who got 13-year-old kids hopped on crack and sent them out on the street to murder other African-American children, maybe you thought they were good citizens. Hillary Clinton didn't.
Translations for Murder
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- قتل, قَتْل, اِغْتِيَالArabic
- öldürmək, cinayətAzerbaijani
- assassinat, assassinarCatalan, Valencian
- vražda, porod, zabít, sprovodit ze světa, zavraždit, zničit, hejnoCzech
- lladd, llofruddio, llofruddiaethWelsh
- smadre, myrde, mord, slå ihjel, kvæleDanish
- mörderisch, ermorden, umbringen, MordGerman
- φονεύω, ανθρωποκτονία, δολοφονία, φόνος, δολοφονώ, σκοτώνωGreek
- asesinato, asesinar, devorarSpanish
- mõrv, roim, mõrvama, roimama, tapmaEstonian
- murha, murhata, parvi, murhaavaFinnish
- meurtre, homicideFrench
- mort, murtScottish Gaelic
- רֶצַח, רצח, הביס, הביע כעס, זעם, טרף, סיוט, להקת עורביםHebrew
- gyilkosság, meggyilkolHungarian
- սպանություն, սպանելArmenian
- morð, myrða, rústaIcelandic
- massacrare, omicidio, assassinio, assassinare, delitto, distruggereItalian
- 殺人, 殺す, 殺害するJapanese
- 살인, 殺人, 살인죄Korean
- адам өлтүрүүKyrgyz
- žmogžudystė, nužudymas, užmuštiLithuanian
- slepkavība, noslepkavot, slepkavotLatvian
- കൊലപാതകം, കൊല, ഹത്യMalayalam
- moord, de grond in boren, vermoorden, moordenDutch
- overlagt, ta knekken på, drepe, mord, myrde, drapNorwegian
- morderstwo, zabójstwo, zamordować, zabićPolish
- homicídio, tortura, detonar, assassinato, devorar, massacrar, destroçar, assassínio, assassinar, destruir, acabar comPortuguese
- crimă, asasinatRomanian
- убива́ть, уби́йство, уби́ть, разгроми́тьRussian
- убоство, ubistvo, уморство, ùbiti, umórstvo, убити, vrane, zgromiti, умо̀рити, ùbōjstvo, umòriti, убиство, убојствоSerbo-Croatian
- vražda, zavraždiť, vraždiťSlovak
- umor, umoritiSlovene
- mord, sluka, mörda, dödaSwedish
- куштор, қатл, одамкушӣTajik
- adam öldürme, cinayet, öldürmek, katletmekTurkish
- tàn sát, giết người, vụ giết người, ám sát, vụ ám sát, giếtVietnamese
Get even more translations for Murder »
Find a translation for the Murder synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)