murder, slaying, execution(verb)
unlawful premeditated killing of a human being by a human being
slaying, performance, carrying into action, death penalty, implementation, execution, instruction execution, capital punishment, execution of instrument, executing, carrying out, murder, writ of execution
murder, slay, hit, dispatch, bump off, off, polish off, remove(verb)
kill intentionally and with premeditation
"The mafia boss ordered his enemies murdered"
shoot, dispatch, despatch, complete, wrap up, hit, arrive at, transfer, attain, send off, finish up, reach, eat up, take out, move out, get rid of, strike, score, finish, make, polish off, collide with, gain, mangle, withdraw, tally, off, finish off, absent, run into, stumble, slay, impinge on, clear up, murder, rack up, mutilate, mop up, discharge, come to, take away, take, pip, get through, bump off, remove
mangle, mutilate, murder(verb)
alter so as to make unrecognizable
"The tourists murdered the French language"
To deliberately kill (a person or persons).
The woman found dead in her kitchen was murdered by her husband.
To defeat decisively.
Our team is going to murder them.
To kick someone's ass or chew someone out (used to express one’s anger at somebody).
He's torn my best shirt. When I see him, I'll murder him!
to devour, ravish.
I could murder a hamburger right now.
English Synonyms and Antonyms
To kill is simply to deprive of life, human, animal, or vegetable, with no suggestion of how or why. Assassinate, execute, murder, apply only to the taking of human life; to murder is to kill with premeditation and malicious intent; to execute is to kill in fulfilment of a legal sentence; to assassinate is to kill by assault; this word is chiefly applied to the killing of public or eminent persons through alleged political motives, whether secretly or openly. To slay is to kill by a blow, or by a weapon. Butcher and slaughter apply primarily to the killing of cattle; massacre is applied primarily and almost exclusively to human beings, signifying to kill them indiscriminately in large numbers; to massacre is said when there is no chance of successful resistance; to butcher when the killing is especially brutal; soldiers mown down in a hopeless charge are said to be slaughtered when no brutality on the enemy's part is implied. To despatch is to kill swiftly and in general quietly, always with intention, with or without right.
To kill with or by sword, famine, pestilence, care, grief, etc.; killed for his money, by a robber, with a dagger.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use Murder in a sentence?
Murder is unique in that it abolishes the party it injures, so that society has to take the place of the victim and on his behalf demand atonement or grant forgiveness; it is the one crime in which society has a direct interest.
This is cold-blooded murder.
The system that the Nazis put in place in order to annihilate the Jewish people and the others they classified as enemies was made up of all sorts of people who fulfilled all sorts of tasks, obviously Oskar Groening is not as guilty as (SS head) Heinrich Himmler... but he contributed his talents to helping the system carry out mass murder.
While the international community has offered help with the investigation, the Bangladeshi government has failed to mention a word about Avijit’s gruesome murder since the day it occurred, this turning of a blind eye feeds both the public’s sense of cynicism and the terrorists’ sense of invincibility.
There is nothing more dread and more shameless than a woman who plans such deeds in her heart as the foul deed which she plotted when she contrived her husband's murder.
Translations for Murder
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- قتل, قَتْل, اِغْتِيَالArabic
- öldürmək, cinayətAzerbaijani
- assassinat, assassinarCatalan, Valencian
- vražda, porod, zabít, sprovodit ze světa, zavraždit, zničit, hejnoCzech
- lladd, llofruddio, llofruddiaethWelsh
- smadre, myrde, mord, slå ihjel, kvæleDanish
- mörderisch, ermorden, umbringen, MordGerman
- φονεύω, ανθρωποκτονία, δολοφονία, φόνος, δολοφονώ, σκοτώνωGreek
- asesinato, asesinar, devorarSpanish
- mõrv, roim, mõrvama, roimama, tapmaEstonian
- murha, murhata, parvi, murhaavaFinnish
- meurtre, homicideFrench
- mort, murtScottish Gaelic
- רֶצַח, רצח, הביס, הביע כעס, זעם, טרף, סיוט, להקת עורביםHebrew
- gyilkosság, meggyilkolHungarian
- սպանություն, սպանելArmenian
- morð, myrða, rústaIcelandic
- massacrare, omicidio, assassinio, assassinare, delitto, distruggereItalian
- 殺人, 殺す, 殺害するJapanese
- 살인, 殺人, 살인죄Korean
- адам өлтүрүүKyrgyz
- žmogžudystė, nužudymas, užmuštiLithuanian
- slepkavība, noslepkavot, slepkavotLatvian
- കൊലപാതകം, കൊല, ഹത്യMalayalam
- moord, de grond in boren, vermoorden, moordenDutch
- overlagt, ta knekken på, drepe, mord, myrde, drapNorwegian
- morderstwo, zabójstwo, zamordować, zabićPolish
- homicídio, tortura, detonar, assassinato, devorar, massacrar, destroçar, assassínio, assassinar, destruir, acabar comPortuguese
- crimă, asasinatRomanian
- убива́ть, уби́йство, уби́ть, разгроми́тьRussian
- убоство, ubistvo, уморство, ùbiti, umórstvo, убити, vrane, zgromiti, умо̀рити, ùbōjstvo, umòriti, убиство, убојствоSerbo-Croatian
- vražda, zavraždiť, vraždiťSlovak
- umor, umoritiSlovene
- mord, sluka, mörda, dödaSwedish
- куштор, қатл, одамкушӣTajik
- adam öldürme, cinayet, öldürmek, katletmekTurkish
- tàn sát, giết người, vụ giết người, ám sát, vụ ám sát, giếtVietnamese
Get even more translations for Murder »
Find a translation for the Murder synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)