truly, genuinely, really(adverb)
in accordance with truth or fact or reality
"she was now truly American"; "a genuinely open society"; "they don't really listen to us"
in actual fact
"to be nominally but not actually independent"; "no one actually saw the shark"; "large meteorites actually come from the asteroid belt"
in truth, really, truly(adverb)
in fact (used as intensifiers or sentence modifiers)
"in truth, moral decay hastened the decline of the Roman Empire"; "really, you shouldn't have done it"; "a truly awful book"
very, really, real, rattling(adverb)
used as intensifiers; `real' is sometimes used informally for `really'; `rattling' is informal
"she was very gifted"; "he played very well"; "a really enjoyable evening"; "I'm real sorry about it"; "a rattling good yarn"
Indicating surprise at, or requesting confirmation of, some new information; to express skepticism.
He really is a true friend. / Really? What makes you so sure?
Indicating that what was just said was obvious and unnecessary; contrived incredulity
But ma, I really, really want to go to the show!
Indicating affirmation, agreement.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use REALLY in a sentence?
The evening had two aspects: On the one hand, it brought back the bad memories of Charlie Hebdo. On the other hand, there was a positive side. We were all in this bar together, and they gave everyone free drinks. We all bonded and became really close.
I mean, disappointed I wouldn't go with, but a little frustrated sometimes just because I've had quite a few chances and I've felt like a few of them I really didn't do anything, but that's just how it is. It's hard to win majors. If it was easy, a lot of guys would have a lot more than they do.
At least you like to lose to a guy making eagle and doing something really special, i ca n’t hang my head. I thought I made that last putt there so that’s a little disappointing but I ’ll take a lot of positives out and see if I can get back in this position soon.
Really it was: Get the task done, work out and then try to go to sleep. [Those] were really the focuses of my day and people really needed to just stay out of my way.
That I'll never live to see my son born. That I'll never be able to say goodbye to my wife, say goodbye to my parents. But I am. I feel really very fortunate for that.
Translations for REALLY
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- والله؟, ليس معقل!, حقًاArabic
- realmentCatalan, Valencian
- skutečně, opravduCzech
- stimmt, in der Tat, wirklich, tatsächlich?, was Sie nicht sagen, wirklich?, was du nicht sagstGerman
- πράγματι, αληθινά, αλήθεια, όντως, πραγματικάGreek
- ĉu vere?Esperanto
- verdaderamente, realmente, de veras, en serio, de verdadSpanish
- واقعاً؟, واقعاً که!, واقعاً, جداً؟Persian
- ihanko totta, todella, totta, tosi, todellako, todellakin, oikeastiFinnish
- tényleg, komolyan, igaz, igazán, valóbanHungarian
- ezị okwuIgbo
- virkilega, raunverulega, virkilega?, raunar, sannarlegaIcelandic
- まじ, 本当, へえ, ほんと, 本真Japanese
- 진짜, 참, 진짜로, 그래요?, 정말로Korean
- vere, itane, vero, an vero, an, anneLatin
- āta koia, nēMāori
- werkelijk, werkelijk?, echt?Dutch
- tʼáásh aanííNavajo, Navaho
- czyżby, naprawdę, właśnie, doprawdyPolish
- mesmo, realmente, na verdade, sério?Portuguese
- pe buneRomanian
- разве?, правда, правда?, действительноRussian
- egentligen, säger du det?, verkligen, sannerligen, verkligen?, jaså?Swedish
- చాలా, నిజంగాTelugu
- aslında, öyle mi, gerçekten, harbiden mi, cidden, harbiden, gerçekten mi, gerçekten deTurkish
- thật sao?, vậy à?, thế à?, thật sựVietnamese
Get even more translations for REALLY »
Find a translation for the REALLY synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)