the condition of not being threatened, especially physically, psychologically, emotionally, or financially
something that secures.
an organization or department responsible for providing security by enforcing laws, rules, and regulations as well as maintaining order.
something that secures the fulfillment of an obligation or law.
Freedom from apprehension.
proof of ownership of stocks, bonds or other investment instruments.
property temporarily relinquished to guarantee repayment of a loan
English Synonyms and Antonyms
The first four words agree in denoting something given or deposited as an assurance of something to be given, paid, or done. An earnest is of the same kind as that to be given, a portion of it delivered in advance, as when part of the purchase-money is paid, according to the common expression, "to bind the bargain." A pledge or security may be wholly different in kind from that to be given or paid, and may greatly exceed it in value. Security may be of real or personal property — anything of sufficient value to make the creditor secure; a pledge is always of personal property or chattels. Every pawnshop contains unredeemed pledges; land, merchandise, bonds, etc., are frequently offered and accepted as security. A person may become security or surety for another's payment of a debt, appearance in court, etc.; in the latter case, he is said to become bail for that person; the person accused gives bail for himself. Gage survives only as a literary word, chiefly in certain phrases; as, "the gage of battle."
Security for the payment of a debt; security to the state, for the prisoner, in the sum of a thousand dollars.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
the state of being free from danger or injury
"we support the armed services in the name of national security"
defense against financial failure; financial independence
"his pension gave him security in his old age"; "insurance provided protection against loss of wages due to illness"
protective covering, surety, auspices, security system, protection, tribute, trade protection, security measures, certificate, aegis, security measure, security, protective cover, security department, shelter
freedom from anxiety or fear
"the watch dog gave her a feeling of security"
a formal declaration that documents a fact of relevance to finance and investment; the holder has a right to receive interest or dividends
"he held several valuable securities"
property that your creditor can claim in case you default on your obligation
"bankers are reluctant to lend without good security"
security, security departmentnoun
a department responsible for the security of the institution's property and workers
"the head of security was a former policeman"
a guarantee that an obligation will be met
security system, security measure, securitynoun
an electrical device that sets off an alarm when someone tries to break in
security, security measuresnoun
measures taken as a precaution against theft or espionage or sabotage etc.
"military security has been stepped up since the recent uprising"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Study to Evaluate the Neuro Shield™ Bare Wire Cerebral Protection System and X.act™ Stent in Patients at High Risk for Carotid Endarterectomy SECURITY Cardiology A trial comparing A Registry Study to Evaluate the Neuro Shield™ Bare Wire Cerebral Protection System and X.act™ Stent in Patients at High Risk for Carotid Endarterectomy Primary endpoint MACE Conclusion Active www.tctmd.com/clinical-trials/See GLC7 ACRONYMS
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use Security in a sentence?
I must denounce the terrorist attack ... and demand from the United States government a thorough and swift investigation, harsh sanctions and security measures and guarantees for our diplomatic missions.
End-to-end security can only be guaranteed when all the players ... work hard together.
I confess I don't fully understand the administration's take on this at this point, it is not a question to me of economics, it is a question of security.
Every time we have managed to regain control over the virus and contain its spread, we have suffered major, major security events, we are anticipating a scenario of continued intense transmission.
It is now clear that the impact of Huawei's addition to the U.S. Bureau of Industry and Security's Entity List is having far-reaching and long-lasting impacts on global supply chains.
Translations for Security
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- حِمَايَة, سَلَامَة, أَمَانَة, أَمْنArabic
- seguretatCatalan, Valencian
- cenný papír, bezpečí, ostraha, zajištění, záruka, jistota, zástava, bezpečnost, zabezpečeníCzech
- Sicherheit, Schutz, SicherheitsdienstGerman
- αξία, ασφάλεια, αξιόγραφο, εγγύηση, εχέγγυο, χρηματόγραφοGreek
- seguridad, prenda, documento, confianza, garantía, respaldo, título de propiedad, certificadoSpanish
- turvallisuusosasto, takuu, turva, takaus, turvallisuus, pantti, turvallisuuspalvelu, arvopaperi, vakuusFinnish
- titre, sécurisant, sécuritéFrench
- urras, tèarainteachdScottish Gaelic
- ביטחון, בִּטָחוֹןHebrew
- keamanan, keselamatanIndonesian
- 抵当, 安全, 保証, セキュリティー, 証券, 保護, 担保, 有価証券Japanese
- დაცულობა, უსაფრთხოებაGeorgian
- និរន្តរាយ, សន្តិសុខKhmer
- ئهمانهت, ئاسایش, ئاشتیKurdish
- securitas, pignusLatin
- си́гурност, бе́збедност, обезбедувањеMacedonian
- аюулгүй байдалMongolian
- onderpand, veiligheidsdienst, zekerheid, veiligheid, beveiligingDutch
- segurança, garantiaPortuguese
- siguranță, securitateRomanian
- надёжность, це́нная бума́га, защи́та, поручи́тельство, гара́нтия, безопа́сность, [[слу́жба]] [[безопасность, безопасностьRussian
- jamstvo, osiguranje, garancija, сигурност, zaštita, vrijednosni papir, sigurnostSerbo-Croatian
- bezpečnosť, bezpečieSlovak
- vrednostni papir, varnostSlovene
- säkerhetsåtgärd, säkerhet, trygghet, värdepapper, säkerhetstjänst, trygghetskänsla, vaktbolag, garanti, skydd, borgenSwedish
- emniyet, güvenlilik, güvenlik güçleri, güvenlikTurkish
- زامن, سیکورٹیUrdu
- xavfsizlik, bexatarlikUzbek
- an toànVietnamese
Get even more translations for Security »
Find a translation for the Security synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)