ablaze, aflame, aroused(adj)
keenly excited (especially sexually) or indicating excitement
"his face all ablaze with excitement"- Bram Stoker; "he was aflame with desire"
aroused, ablaze(p), aflare(p), horny, aflame(p), stimulated, ruttish, aflame, afire(p), alight(p), emotional, stirred, on fire(p), reddened, inflamed, turned on(p), randy, worked up, wound up, steamy, stirred up, excited
ablaze(p), afire(p), aflame(p), aflare(p), alight(p), on fire(p)(adj)
lighted up by or as by fire or flame
"forests set ablaze (or afire) by lightning"; "even the car's tires were aflame"; "a night aflare with fireworks"; "candles alight on the tables"; "houses on fire"
resembling flame in brilliance or color
"maple trees ablaze in autumn"
ablaze(p), inflamed, reddened(adj)
lighted with red light as if with flames
"streets ablaze with lighted Christmas trees"; "the inflamed clouds at sunset"; "reddened faces around the campfire"
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use ablaze in a sentence?
I saw the building where we live already ablaze, my child was inside but I could not enter anymore.
That whole place was ablaze. It was like Armageddon, we were literally driving through the flames.
There's a fire and they want us to run into the burning building while the fire is ablaze.
What Lafe Langford has told us is that one of the three vehicles was shot up and then set ablaze.
My brother was fixing Rhonita's broken-down vehicle, saw a fire, didn't think anything of it, then( he) saw the explosion, went to check it out, saw it was my mother's vehicle, full of bullet holes, completely ablaze.
Translations for ablaze
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- пламнал, лумнал, пламвам, лумвамBulgarian
- cremant, ardent, rogentCatalan, Valencian
- resplandeciente, llama, ardiente, ardiendo, radianteSpanish
- tulessa, kiihkeä, hehkuva, intoa täynnä, liekeissä, innokas, innoissaan, ilmiliekeissä, innokkaasti, palavasti, palava, [[kirkkaasti]] [[valaistu]], kiihkeästiFinnish
- flamme, embraséFrench
- lasrachScottish Gaelic
- जलता हुआHindi
- fiammeggiante, in fiammeItalian
- 着火, 輝く, 興奮, 燃えるJapanese
- magnus igne ardensLatin
- in lichterlaaieDutch
- rozjarzony, w ogniuPolish
- em, brilhando, queimando, chamas, radiante, ardente, ardendo, brilhante, resplandecente, brasasPortuguese
- în flăcări, lucitor, scânteind, strălucind, aprinsRomanian
- гореть, пылать, сверкать, возбуждённый, пылкийRussian
Get even more translations for ablaze »
Find a translation for the ablaze synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)