Synonyms for appreciate
This thesaurus page includes all potential synonyms, words with the same meaning and similar terms for the word appreciate.
Wiktionary3.0 / 2 votes
to be grateful or thankful for.
I appreciate your efforts
to view as valuable.
You must learn to appreciate time
to be fully conscious of; be aware of; detect.
To test the power of bees to appreciate color.
to increase in value.
The value of his portfolio appreciated by 80% over eight years.
English Synonyms and Antonyms1.5 / 2 votes
Esteem and estimate alike imply to set a certain mental value upon, but esteem is less precise and mercantile than calculate or estimate. We esteem a jewel precious; we estimate it to be worth so much money. This sense of esteem is now chiefly found in literary or oratorical style, and in certain conventional phrases; as, I esteem it an honor, a favor. In popular usage esteem, as said of persons, denotes a union of respect and kindly feeling and, in the highest sense, of moral approbation; as, one whom I highly esteem; the word may be used in a similar sense of material things or abstractions; as, one whose friendship I esteem; a shell greatly esteemed for inlaid work. To appreciate anything is to be deeply or keenly sensible of or sensitive to its qualities or influence, to see its full import, be alive to its value, importance, or worth; as, to appreciate beauty or harmony; to appreciate one's services in a cause; the word is similarly, tho rarely, used of persons. To prize is to set a high value on for something more than merely commercial reasons. One may value some object, as a picture, beyond all price, as a family heirloom, or may prize it as the gift of an esteemed friend, without at all appreciating its artistic merit or commercial value. To regard (French regarder, look at, observe) is to have a certain mental view favorable or unfavorable; as, I regard him as a friend; or, I regard him as a villain; regard has a distinctively favorable sense as applied to institutions, proprieties, duties, etc., but does not share the use of the noun regard as applied to persons; we regard the Sabbath; we regard a person's feelings; we have a regard for the person. Compare ESTEEM, n.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms0.0 / 0 votes
Princeton's WordNet4.0 / 2 votes
recognize with gratitude; be grateful for
appreciate, take accountverb
be fully aware of; realize fully
"Do you appreciate the full meaning of this letter?"
prize, value, treasure, appreciateverb
"I prize these old photographs"
appreciate, apprize, apprise, revalueverb
gain in value
"The yen appreciated again!"
appreciate, apprize, appriseverb
increase the value of
"The Germans want to appreciate the Deutsche Mark"
Dictionary of English Synonymes0.0 / 0 votes
Words popularity by usage frequency
We thank you for your partnership always. We greatly, greatly appreciate it, we are right there with you, we know you're with us and we greatly appreciate it. So thank you, each and every one of you.
It hurts my feelings, but I guess its part of being in our industry, we have people who appreciate you and others that don’t. The designer Atria Couture did an amazing job with my dress and I appreciate them for dressing me.
Thank God because I definitely don't have to be here, being that I am, it makes me appreciate life even more -- appreciate the things that really matter, family. I wan na thank my wife and my kids... I want to thank you all for being there for me during my difficult time.
To laugh often and much to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others to leave the world a little better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is the meaning of success.
When things haven't gone well for you, call in a secretary or a staff man and chew him out. You will sleep better and they will appreciate the attention.
Translations for appreciate
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- يُقَدِّر قيمَة, نقدرArabic
- оценявам, благодарен съм, усещам, разбирам, различавам, отчитам, ценя високоBulgarian
- uvědomovat si, cenit, stoupnout v ceně, oceňovat, být vděčný, vážit siCzech
- forstå, sætte pris på, stige i værdi, værdsætteDanish
- verstehen, dankbar sein für, im Wert steigen, zu schätzen wissenGerman
- εκτιμώ, ανατιμώμαι, αντιλαμβάνομαιGreek
- agradecer, hacerse cargo de, valorar, aumentar su valor, comprenderSpanish
- mõistma, tunnustama, hinnas tõusma, hindamaEstonian
- قدر دانستنPersian
- kallistua, erottaa, nousta arvossa, havaita, arvostaa, ymmärtää, antaa arvoaFinnish
- prendre de la valeur, reconnaissantFrench
- הוקיר, העריךHebrew
- felmegy az ára, méltányol, értékel, tudatában vanHungarian
- naik harga, memahami, menyadari, berterima kasih, menghargaiIndonesian
- capire, valorizzarsi, rendersi conto, apprezzareItalian
- 鑑賞, 感謝, 値上がり, 理解Japanese
- 이해하다, 감사하다, 진가를Korean
- įvertinti, suprasti, vertinti, įgyti didesnę vertę, pabrangtiLithuanian
- saprast, vērtēt, augstu vērtētLatvian
- japprezzah, japprezzaha, apprezza, qagħad attent minnMaltese
- beseffen, in waarde stijgen, waarderenDutch
- forstå, sette pris på, stige i verdi, verdsetteNorwegian
- doceniać, drożeć, zdawać sobie sprawę z, rozumiećPolish
- valorizar, dar valor, compreenderPortuguese
- recunoscător, își da seamaRomanian
- воспринимать, учитывать, дорожать, ощущать, понимать, улавливать, оценивать, быть признательным, ценить, быть благодарнымRussian
- byť si vedomý, získať na cene, oceniť, byť vďačný (za)Slovak
- zavedati se, biti hvaleženSlovene
- stiga, sätta värde på, förstå, vara medveten om, värdesätta, uppskattaSwedish
- anlamak, değerini bilmek, müteşekkir olmak, teşekkür borçlu olmak, değeri artmak, takdir etmekTurkish
- đánh giáVietnamese
Get even more translations for appreciate »
Find a translation for the appreciate synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"appreciate." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 29 Nov. 2023. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/appreciate>.