an emblem (a small piece of plastic or cloth or metal) that signifies your status (rank or membership or affiliation etc.)
"they checked everyone's badge before letting them in"
any feature that is regarded as a sign of status (a particular power or quality or rank)
"wearing a tie was regarded as a badge of respectability"
put a badge on
"The workers here must be badged"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use badge in a sentence?
There are fans out there who'll buy anything with a Tesla badge on it, but this will unlikely pierce the meat of the truck market, tesla is putting up too many barriers for people nervous about stepping out of their comfort zone.
This office will not tolerate public servants who abuse their positions of trust for personal gain, law enforcement members who step outside of the law are subject to the same standards as everyone else in our community. No one deserves the fair application of the law more than all of the law-abiding men and women who wear the badge honorably to protect our communities.
I think everyone feels in my office this cop should not be out here with a badge and a gun if this is how hes treating kids in group homes.
The only other moment that I will never forget that is more meaningful than this was the day I gave birth to him, so, this moment of him pinning my badge, I have to say is up there with that.
He thought he got away with it because he wears a badge. Prove him wrong.
Translations for badge
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- признак, значкаBulgarian
- credencial, piocha, identificaciónSpanish
- merkki, arvomerkki, nimilappu, tuntomerkki, peräpeili, tunnus, nimikyltti, kulkukorttiFinnish
- badge, plaque, décoration, macaron, porte-nom, insigneFrench
- contrassegno, distintivo, targhetta, cartellino, emblemaItalian
- tarja, crachá, distintivo, marcaPortuguese
- distincție, insignă, carte de identificareRomanian
- эмблема, кокарда, бейджик, бедж, бейдж, значок, знак, бляха, [[табличка]] [[с]] [[имя, беджикRussian
- knapp, emblem, ID-kort, märke, namnskylt, identifikation, känneteckenSwedish
Get even more translations for badge »
Find a translation for the badge synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)