Synonyms for ball
This thesaurus page includes all potential synonyms, words with the same meaning and similar terms for the word ball.
Princeton's WordNet3.0 / 1 vote
round object that is hit or thrown or kicked in games
"the ball travelled 90 mph on his serve"; "the mayor threw out the first ball"; "the ball rolled into the corner pocket"
musket ball, ballnoun
a solid projectile that is shot by a musket
"they had to carry a ramrod as well as powder and ball"
ball, globe, orbnoun
an object with a spherical shape
"a ball of fire"
the people assembled at a lavish formal dance
"the ball was already emptying out before the fire alarm sounded"
testis, testicle, orchis, ball, ballock, bollock, nut, eggnoun
one of the two male reproductive glands that produce spermatozoa and secrete androgens
"she kicked him in the balls and got away"
screwball, lump, crank, clump, orb, glob, bullock block, junkie, bollock, testis, clod, globe, nut, musket ball, chunk, egg, formal, junky, en, testicle, orchis, eggs, fruitcake, nut case, crackpot, addict, ballock, freak
a spherical object used as a plaything
"he played with his rubber ball in the bathtub"
Ball, Lucille Ballnoun
United States comedienne best known as the star of a popular television program (1911-1989)
ball, clod, glob, lump, clump, chunknoun
a compact mass
"a ball of mud caught him on the shoulder"
orb, goon, lubber, testicle, oaf, stumblebum, thump, formal, nut, glob, hunk, chunk, clunk, clustering, clod, musket ball, clump, cluster, testis, bunch, thud, lummox, lout, lump, globe, orchis, thumping, ballock, gawk, bollock, egg, swelling, puffiness
a lavish dance requiring formal attire
a more or less rounded anatomical body or mass
"the ball at the base of the thumb"; "he stood on the balls of his feet"
the game of baseball
a pitch that is not in the strike zone
"he threw nine straight balls before the manager yanked him"
form into a ball by winding or rolling
Dictionary of English Synonymes0.0 / 0 votes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words0.0 / 0 votes
Song lyrics by ball -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by ball on the Lyrics.com website.
What does BALL stand for? -- Explore the various meanings for the BALL acronym on the Abbreviations.com website.
Ball vs. Bawl -- In this Grammar.com article you will learn the differences between the words Ball and Bawl.
Words popularity by usage frequency
Lieutenant Commander Galloway [behind a chain link fence at a ball field]: Do you know what a code red is? Lieutenant Kaffee, standing on the ball field, looks at her in silence with a blank expression on his face. Galloway: What a pity.
Happy Son of a bitch ball. Why can't you go home Aren't you good enough for your home Answer me. Suck my white ass ball.
I hit the ball really well... had a lot of good looks at birdie all day, it's firm but you could control your golf ball, for sure. Today I controlled my ball very well. The confidence is definitely there. I feel really good about where I'm at and going into tomorrow.
I took a shot on one of the first plays. After that, it was tough. Using running back Josh Jacobs and a short passing game, Carr controlled the clock in the second half and kept the ball away from the Browns( 5-3). On the Raiders first two drives after halftime, the first leading to their go-ahead TD and the other to Carlsons 24-yard field goal with 4:24 left, they ate up 17:41. Oakland had the ball for 37:43 to 22:17 for Cleveland. Josh Jacobs finished with a career-high 128 yards 80 in the second half on 31 carries. Last week, Josh Jacobs had just 17 yards on 10 attempts. It was about time we had a run game like that, Josh Jacobs said. It feels good to be that dominant. The Raiders defense did The Raiders defense part as Las Vegas stopped Las Vegas NFL record of allowing at least 10 points at 116 straight games. Baker Mayfield couldnt get anything going with Clevelands offense, which was without star receiver Odell Beckham Jr., who suffered a season-ending knee injury last week. Baker Mayfield, who completed 21 passes in a row in the win over Cincinnati a week ago, went 12 of 25 for 122 yards. Mayfields last throw toward Jarvis Landry in the end zone was incomplete with 1:58 left, and Cody Parkey missed a 37-yard field goal to end Clevelands chances. Cody Parkey did make kicks of 41 and 38 yards. Theweather was brutal. The wind, measured from the west at 35 mph at kickoff, made it difficult for both quarterbacks to throw ; affected every punt and kick ; and forced the 12,000 fans to bundle up as it felt more like a game in late December or in Cleveland, early May. Im from the beach, Renfrow said. That was more wind than a hurricane it seemed like. It was coming sideways, backwards and forward. Carr did an excellent job managing the clock in the final minute of the first half to set up Carlsons 33-yard field goal as time expired to put The Raiders up 6-3. The Raiders appeared to take the lead in the second quarter when Carr connected with Henry Ruggs III in the back right corner of the end zone. However, Ruggs was ruled out of bounds and the call was upheld following a video review and Raiders challenge. Las Vegas settled for Carlsons 29-yard field goal to tie Las Vegas 3-3. Earlier, Carlsonhad a 41-yard attemptat the opposite end of the field blown sideways and the ball clanged off the left upright. CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP Myles Garrett SLOWED Myles Garrett was limited by an ankle injury that kept Myles Garrett out of practice this week, and now hes dealing with a knee issue. At one point, Myles Garrett was evaluated in the medical tent but came back. Myles Garrett was kept out on several plays, and lacked Myles Garrett usual explosiveness off the line. We havent made excuses and were not going to start now. Its a next-man-up league.
The biggest thing is that he’s been a gem as a playmaker, he’s got the size. In this league, we needed someone with size that can make plays and his play-making is the best thing that he does. He loves to share the ball, move the ball. He loves passing the ball.
Translations for ball
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- ضرة, كبة, كرةArabic
- яйцо́, мяч, яе́чка, я́йка, шарBelarusian
- кълбо́, бал, удрям едно мадо, възглавничка, сфе́ра, ташак, гюле, то́пкаBulgarian
- པོ་ལོTibetan Standard
- bola, pilota, pilotesCatalan, Valencian
- koule, klubko, ples, míč, bál, vejceCzech
- bold, bal, kugleDanish
- Kugel, Ball, Fußballen, Mist, Knäuel, EiGerman
- σφαίρα, χορός, μπάλαGreek
- bulo, sfero, pilko, globo, baloEsperanto
- [[coger]] con, tirada, pelota, huevos, esfera, bola, cojones, balón, círculo, agallas, baile, [[tirarse]] a, [[follar]] con, bala, pelotasSpanish
- pall, ballEstonian
- گوی, توپ, کرهPersian
- panna, palli, pallo, tanssiaiset, paska, nussia, kuula, lankakerä, päkiä, kerä, muna, naida, paskapuheFinnish
- dansur, dansiveitsla, ballFaroese
- boulet, balle, boule, couille, conneries, bal, couilles, peloteFrench
- bal, bolWestern Frisian
- liathróid, róidlianna, cuachIrish
- crig, bluckan, daunseManx
- गोला, नृत्यसभा, गेंदHindi
- boulHaitian Creole
- mogyoró, gömb, gombolyag, golyó, tök, labdaHungarian
- գնդոլորտ, գունդ, պարահանդես, գնդիկArmenian
- baloneto, baloIdo
- kjarkur, kjaftæði, bolti, rugl, kúlaIcelandic
- palla, scopare, pallone, trombare, gomitolo, ballo, boiateItalian
- 球, 玉, 鞠, 正球, 金玉, 毬, 舞踏会, 睾丸, まり, ボールJapanese
- კვერცხები, მეჯლისი, სფერო, წვეულება, ბურთი, ბალიGeorgian
- 球, 공, 무도회, 볼, 불알, 舞蹈會, 구, 불Korean
- gun, tepik, hol, تۆپ, top, gogKurdish
- пас берүү, түйүнчөк, түйдөк, шар, топ берүү, пас, түрмөкKyrgyz
- Ball, BalLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- kamuolys, kiaušasLithuanian
- bumba, lodeLatvian
- сфе́ра, кло́пче, то́пка, бал, ма́диња, ма́де, та́шак, ја́болко, то́пки, ја́јце, ѓу́ле, то́пчеMacedonian
- പന്ത്, ഗോളംMalayalam
- bola, majlis tarian, telur, korah, pesta tarianMalay
- kloten, bal, kluwen, bolletje, bolleke, [[kloten]] aan z’n lijf, kloot, bol, ballen, kogelDutch
- ballNorwegian Nynorsk
- портиOssetian, Ossetic
- kula, kłębek, bal, jaja, piłka, jajoPolish
- پنډوس, ټوپکیPashto, Pushto
- comer, bolas, colhões, círculo, bola, baile, bala, bola do pé, besteira, sacoPortuguese
- bura, balla, boraRomansh
- bilă, minge, ghem, coiRomanian
- поду́шечка, яи́чко, шарик, мяч, яйцо́, шар, бал, ядри́ть, сфе́ра, бол, сфера, ядро́, мудёж, клубо́к, я́йцаRussian
- गुड, कन्दुक, पिण्डSanskrit
- лопта, ples, плес, klupka, klupko, lopta, bal, балSerbo-Croatian
- බෝලයSinhala, Sinhalese
- gule, lopta, guľa, ples, bálSlovak
- jajca, krogla, žoga, plesSlovene
- kula, boll, trampdyna, knulla, klot, skitsnack, stake, bal, balle, nystanSwedish
- ఉండ, బంతిTelugu
- bola, bayag, itlogTagalog
- fo'i puluTonga (Tonga Islands)
- top, haya, küre, gülle, taşak, mermi, yumak, balo, yumurtaTurkish
- яйце́, м'яч, ядро́, ку́ля, яє́чкоUkrainian
- گولا, گیندUrdu
- bóng, vũ hội, banh, 舞會Vietnamese
- באַל, פּילקעYiddish
Get even more translations for ball »
Find a translation for the ball synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"ball." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 1 Dec. 2023. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/ball>.