the supreme effort one can make
"they did their best"
the person who is most outstanding or excellent; someone who tops all others
"he could beat the best of them"
Best, C. H. Best, Charles Herbert Bestadjective
Canadian physiologist (born in the United States) who assisted F. G. Banting in research leading to the discovery of insulin (1899-1978)
(superlative of `good') having the most positive qualities
"the best film of the year"; "the best solution"; "the best time for planting"; "wore his best suit"
(comparative and superlative of `well') wiser or more advantageous and hence advisable
"it would be better to speak to him"; "the White House thought it best not to respond"
outdo, outflank, trump, best, scoopadverb
get the better of
"the goal was to best the competition"
in a most excellent way or manner
"he played best after a couple of martinis"
it would be sensible
"you'd best stay at home"
from a position of superiority or authority
"father knows best"; "I know better."
a good place to stay like in paradise
i've been in this hotel, this hotel is dise
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use best in a sentence?
To yank the bill out of committee and rush it to the floor unilaterally with no input from the Democrats who have worked very hard on this issue makes it clear that Republicans are looking to score cheap political points instead of producing the bipartisan outcome that is Israel's best interest, that action, in the blink of an eye, undermines a tremendous amount of bipartisan effort to move the process forward in a way that kept Democrats and Republicans together.
Today, the world has lost one of the greats of magic, but I have lost my best friend, from the moment we met, I knew Roy and I, together, would change the world. There could be no Siegfried without Roy, and no Roy without Siegfried.
Weve tried to take forces that have been involved in working with units that have been trained for quite some time and that their threat to the homeland is questionable at best.
As China has been the first to deal with and recover from Covid-19 the world can learn a lot from China's experience, i hope that when it comes to virus-related xenophobia, China can show leadership on the best way to tackle it and be an example the world can follow.
God generously helps to those who try to do their best without asking God's help!
Translations for best
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- ال, أحسن, أفضل, أفArabic
- най-добре, най-добър, вземам връх надBulgarian
- millorCatalan, Valencian
- porazit, nejlepší, nejlépeCzech
- übertreffen, Bester, Beste, am besten, BestesGerman
- άριστα, κάλλισταGreek
- plej bonaEsperanto
- aventajar, flor, mejor, rebasar, superar, derrotar, nata, élite, vencer, sobrepasarSpanish
- بهشت, بِهتَرین, بهترینPersian
- paras, päihittää, parhaiten, parhaimmisto, parhainFinnish
- crème, aplatir, enfoncer, élite, vaincre, meilleur, défaire, mieux, battre, dominer, dessus du panier, fleur, écraser, surpasserFrench
- dícheall, is fearrIrish
- mellor, eliteGalician
- share, bareManx
- լավագույն, ամենալավArmenian
- migliore, vincere, dominare, superare, battereItalian
- הטוב ביותרHebrew
- 最もよい, 最良, ベスト, 最高, 一番Japanese
- გადასარევად, საუკეთესოGeorgian
- optime, optima, optimum, optimusLatin
- terbaik, paling baik, paling bagus, terbagusMalay
- verslaan, slaan, overmeesteren, best, overwinnenDutch
- best, beste, slåNorwegian
- Cel mai bunRomanian
- всё возможное, лучший, наилучшийRussian
- najbolje, најбољи, najboljiSerbo-Croatian
- më, i, miriAlbanian
- besegra, bästa, bäst, bästeSwedish
- en iyiTurkish
Get even more translations for best »
Find a translation for the best synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)