Synonyms for bite
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and similar words for the term bite.
To attack with the teeth.
After just one night in the jungle I was covered with mosquito bites.
A piece of food of a size that would be produced by biting; a mouthful.
There were only a few bites left on the plate.
These mosquitoes are really biting today!
a wound resulting from biting by an animal or a person
morsel, bit, bitenoun
a small amount of solid food; a mouthful
"all they had left was a bit of bread"
chip, second, snack, raciness, fleck, routine, insect bite, morsel, flake, pungency, number, moment, chomp, sting, sharpness, mo, scrap, piece, act, snatch, collation, spot, turn, bit, minute
sting, bite, insect bitenoun
a painful wound caused by the thrust of an insect's stinger into skin
confidence game, bunco, bit, morsel, snack, hustle, raciness, insect bite, confidence trick, pungency, chomp, bunko game, con game, gyp, stinging, pang, bunco game, sharpness, con, sting, collation, bunko, flimflam
bite, collation, snacknoun
a light informal meal
(angling) an instance of a fish taking the bait
"after fishing for an hour he still had not had a bite"
wit having a sharp and caustic quality
"he commented with typical pungency"; "the bite of satire"
pungency, bite, sharpness, racinessnoun
a strong odor or taste property
"the pungency of mustard"; "the sulfurous bite of garlic"; "the sharpness of strange spices"; "the raciness of the wine"
the act of gripping or chewing off with the teeth and jaws
a portion removed from the whole
"the government's weekly bite from my paycheck"
bite, seize with teethverb
to grip, cut off, or tear with or as if with the teeth or jaws
"Gunny invariably tried to bite her"
bite, sting, burnverb
cause a sharp or stinging pain or discomfort
"The sun burned his face"
penetrate or cut, as with a knife
"The fork bit into the surface"
sting, bite, prickverb
deliver a sting to
"A bee stung my arm yesterday"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
Breaking our products into single servings makes it intuitive for someone to eat one serving and know that if they are going to have more, they actually have to take another bite, they don't have to try to do the math and cut a cookie or a truffle up into several pieces.
Allosaurus might not have been as big as T. rex, but it was no slouch as an apex predator, it was able to hyper-extend its jaw for a super-wide gape. It was a hatchet feeder like a hawk, meaning it would chop into prey with its head. It had long arms with grasping claws and a strong bite force. Track sites suggest it might have been a long-distance hunter that would follow herds for miles to pick off prey.
If he builds the wall the way he built Trump Towers, he’ll be using illegal immigrant labor, such a cute sound bite.
The markets are going to be sensitive to oil and economic data, but for the moment, there is nothing on the plate for the them to bite into.
I think I probably will do better next time Im here, i was probably not as prepared for the course. I probably needed to take a club out, put another one in here or there. Really seemed to bite me today more than anything.
Translations for bite
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- куса́ць, ўкусі́цьBelarusian
- ухапване, хапка, захапвам, хапя, отха́пвам, щипя, заха́пвам, жиля, кълваBulgarian
- দংশন করা, কামড়ানোBengali
- mossegada, mossegarCatalan, Valencian
- mursicà, murdaCorsican
- bid, bideDanish
- Bissen, Biss, Stich, beißenGerman
- picar, morderSpanish
- گاز زدن, گزیدن, گاز گرفتن, نیش زدن, به دندان گرفتنPersian
- purema, puraisu, pistää, puraista, haukata, purra, syödäFinnish
- morsure, piqûre, bouchée, mordre, piquerFrench
- biteWestern Frisian
- bain sclamh, bain plaic, bain greimIrish
- mordedela, mordedura, mordida, morderGalician
- נשיכה, נגיסה, נשך, נגסHebrew
- խայթոց, կծելArmenian
- puntura, morso, boccone, morsicatura, pungere, morsicare, abboccare, mordereItalian
- 咬傷, 噛む, 嚼む, 咬む, 噛み切る, 嚙むJapanese
- ლუკმა, მოჭმაGeorgian
- 물린데, 묾, 돌리다, 물다, 쏘다, 물어떼다, 깨물다, 속다Korean
- кесим, тиштердин кабышып турушу, чагуу, тиштөө, кесүү, кабуу, тилке, үзүмKyrgyz
- mordeo, morsicoLatin
- Maufel, Bëss, Stach, bäissenLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- kodums, kostLatvian
- wero, tītopeMāori
- гриз, гри́зење, за́лак, одгри́зува, бо́де, па́ѓа, насе́днува, гри́зе, ка́са, загри́зуваMacedonian
- beet, bijten, hapDutch
- biting, tygge, stikk, bitt, munnfull, bite, bite påNorwegian
- mordida, bocada, mordedura, picada, cair, agarrar, abocanhar, morder, picarPortuguese
- înghițitură, mușcătură, înțepa, mușcaRomanian
- уку́с, укуси́ть, куса́ть, откуси́ть, попа́сться, клева́ть, жа́лить, клю́нуть, отку́сывать, хвата́ть, ужа́лить, купи́тьсяRussian
- гристи, gristi, угристи, ugristiSerbo-Croatian
- ugriz, grižjaj, gristi, ugriznitiSlovene
- kafshoj, kafshonAlbanian
- bett, bitande, tugga, munsbit, stick, bitaSwedish
- కుట్టు, కొరుకు, కాటుTelugu
- ısırık, lokma, ısırmak, sokmakTurkish
- куса́ти, укуси́тиUkrainian
Get even more translations for bite »
Find a translation for the bite synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"bite." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2022. Web. 7 Oct. 2022. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/bite>.