breathe, take a breath, respire, suspire(verb)
draw air into, and expel out of, the lungs
"I can breathe better when the air is clean"; "The patient is respiring"
"Every creature that breathes"
impart as if by breathing
"He breathed new life into the old house"
allow the passage of air through
"Our new synthetic fabric breathes and is perfect for summer wear"
utter or tell
"not breathe a word"
manifest or evince
"She breathes the Christian spirit"
rest, breathe, catch one's breath, take a breather(verb)
take a short break from one's activities in order to relax
reach full flavor by absorbing air and being let to stand after having been uncorked
"This rare Bordeaux must be allowed to breathe for at least 2 hours"
emit, breathe, pass off(verb)
expel (gases or odors)
evanesce, take a breather, fleet, fall out, respire, go on, hap, let loose, fade, blow over, pass off, let out, suspire, rest, happen, emit, take place, occur, give off, utter, catch one's breath, take a breath, pass, come about, give out
i have calm breathing.
try to calm down.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
inspire and expire
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Base Rest Rate Elevation for Sleep Apnea Therapy
How to use breathe in a sentence?
They were told to stay home, and if they couldn't breathe, to go to the emergency room, everyone was wearing a mask inside the apartment. It was so scary.
If they could deprive us of the air we breathe, they would do it.
The key difference weve found between these folks is that the people who are working hard to breathe are the folks who usually need to be intubated.
Every time my mom would feel like she couldn't breathe, Harvard Medical School was always there, he said' I want to see, I want to see what's going on, Mama.' You know, he loves them, and that's when he started to understand more about Covid.
I cannot breathe” is an apparently simple sentence that is being repeated millions of times these days with a new meaning. With every repetition, it reminds us of thousands of pages in the history of racial discrimination.
Translations for breathe
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- asemhaal, asemAfrikaans
- تنفس, نفسArabic
- nəfəs almaqAzerbaijani
- отдъхвам, вдишвам, вдъхвам, промълвям, живея, дишам, съществувамBulgarian
- শ্বাস ফেলাBengali
- དབུགས་རྒྱགTibetan Standard
- respirar, alenarCatalan, Valencian
- ånde, trække vejret, træk vejretDanish
- atmen, einatmen, hauchenGerman
- نفس کشیدنPersian
- hengittää, kuiskata, olla hengissä, hengähtää, henkäillä, henkiä, hengittää sisäänFinnish
- respirer, inspirer, expirerFrench
- sykheljeWestern Frisian
- análaigh, riospráidIrish
- सांस लेनाHindi
- 一息つく, ささやく, 呼吸, 息をする, 吸い込む, 吐く, 生きる, 呼吸するJapanese
- дем алуKazakh
- 呼吸, 하다, 호흡하다, 숨쉬다, 숨을 쉬다Korean
- дем алууKyrgyz
- spiro, respiroLatin
- ootmenLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- ngā, whakangāMāori
- hirup, bernafasMalay
- trekke pusten, puste utNorwegian
- inademen, ademen, ademhalenDutch
- puste, åndeNorwegian
- odetchnąć, oddychać swobodnie, szeptać, oddychać, wdychaćPolish
- samay, mutkhiyQuechua
- дышать, отдыхать, жить, шептать, вдыхать, перевести дух, существоватьRussian
- vuoiŋŋaditNorthern Sami
- дисати, dihati, disati, дихатиSerbo-Croatian
- හුස්ම ගන්නවාSinhala, Sinhalese
- šepkať, oddýchnuť, dýchať, vdýchnuťSlovak
- dahniti, dihati, vdihnitiSlovene
- marr frymëAlbanian
- andas, andas inSwedish
- нафас кашиданTajik
- dem almakTurkmen
- nefes almak, solumakTurkish
- سانس لینا, سانس لینےUrdu
- nafas olmoqUzbek
- 呼吸, hô hấp, thởVietnamese
Get even more translations for breathe »
Find a translation for the breathe synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)