a sum of money allocated for a particular purpose
"the laboratory runs on a budget of a million a year"
a summary of intended expenditures along with proposals for how to meet them
"the president submitted the annual budget to Congress"
make a budget
Appropriate to a restricted budget.
We flew on a budget airline.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use budget in a sentence?
The end of the strike provides ample opportunity for government to accommodate all the (labor) issues for the preparation of the 2016 budget process.
There has to be the payment allocation by the Legislature (in the budget) and the cash flow, if one of the two things is not there, we can't do (the PFC payment). Right now, both are not there.
Volatility this year was enormous, the oil hedging program is necessary. It offers stability amid public finance and budget challenges. It’s expensive but has generated benefits, it prevents the country losing its investment grade rating and guarantees solvency.
Russian propaganda financed directly from the Russian state budget, and there is this question: how can Europe defend itself?
Today, on the 18th anniversary of 9/11, while the state was honoring first responders, Republicans called a deceptive, surprise override of my budget veto.
Translations for budget
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- موازنة, ميزانيةArabic
- бюджет, съставям бюджет, предвиждам в бюджета, бюджетенBulgarian
- pressupostCatalan, Valencian
- Budget, Haushalt, EtatGerman
- presupuestar, presupuesto, presuuestoSpanish
- kustannusarvio, talousarvio, budjetti, määrärahaFinnish
- budget, budgétaireFrench
- buiséad, cáinaisnéisIrish
- költségvetés, büdzséHungarian
- budget, bilancioItalian
- バジェット, 予算Japanese
- budgetiKalaallisut, Greenlandic
- بۆجا, budceKurdish
- budget, opstellen, budgetteren, low-cost, begroting, goedkoop, opmaken, begroten, budgettairDutch
- budsjettNorwegian Nynorsk
- budżet, gospodarować, budżetowy, tani, preliminarzPolish
- orçamento, verba, financiar, orçamentário, em conta, orçarPortuguese
- смета, бюджет, бюджетныйRussian
- buxhet, buxhetor, ardhurAlbanian
- budget, budgeteraSwedish
Get even more translations for budget »
Find a translation for the budget synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)