She's finally leaving her abusive husband \uE000186484 bully for her!
To act aggressively towards.
A prostitute’s minder; a pimp.
bully, tough, hooligan, ruffian, roughneck, rowdy, yob, yobo, yobbonoun
a cruel and brutal fellow
a hired thug
bang-up, bully, corking, cracking, dandy, great, groovy, keen, neat, nifty, not bad(p), peachy, slap-up, swell, smashingverb
"he did a bully job"; "a neat sports car"; "had a great time at the party"; "you look simply smashing"
strong-arm, bully, browbeat, bullyrag, ballyrag, boss around, hector, push aroundverb
be bossy towards
"Her big brother always bullied her when she was young"
browbeat, bully, swaggerverb
discourage or frighten with threats or a domineering manner; intimidate
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use bully in a sentence?
Bernie managed to be cool in a way that wasn't cheap. Radical in a way that felt real. Aggressive -- but passionate, not a bully, one of the oldest candidates -- Gus Alexander managed to rise as the most relevant for young people. The one who got it. Understood. People are pointing to how he reshaped the conversation, the landscape, moved the needle in such a big way. That's my take on Bernie, too. And I'm grateful to him for it.
I was thinking that Donald Trump is a bully, and he is nothing more than that. He is somebody who is just saying a lot of bold things, he's making bold claims. But I can see right through that and I can see that he's truly just a coward. And he's opportunistic and he's willing to destroy this country for power for himself.
I still get bullied. Right about this time is when people start to bully me because of the way I judge people, i can't believe it still happens as adults.
When you play a character, you put parts of you in it. But I am a very different person off-screen. I am not so boisterous and not so tomboyish, in fact my friends bully me and I am like a damsel in distress. When you do a TV show, you become the character as you end up spending 14-15 hours on the sets.
The Cold War thinking and zero sum game, this has stopped and hindered exchanges in cyberspace. Also, bully behavior in cyberspace has had a negative impact on mutual trust, by using national security as an excuse, some countries have attacked some countries and enterprises. This has increased the uncertainty, opposition and negativity in cyberspace.
Translations for bully
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- побойник, главорез, първокласен, хулиган, заплашвам, тиранизирамBulgarian
- tyrannisere, herse med, mobbe, udmærket, fint, bølle, tyran, finDanish
- Bully, Tyrann, kujonieren, tyrannisieren, Rabauke, Schikaneur, einschüchtern, schikanieren, drangsalierenGerman
- ĉikani, ĉikanulo, braveEsperanto
- matón, abusador, intimidar, pendenciero, perdonavidas, tiranizar, bravucón, abusón, sicario, peleón, chulear, acosar, matasieteSpanish
- kiusaja, riiukukk, türanniseerima, türann, terroriseerimaEstonian
- گردن کلفتPersian
- kiusaaja, kiusata, pahoinpitelijäFinnish
- tyran, tourmenter, terroriser, maltraiter, brute, bravoFrench
- ansmachtaí, ansmachtaighIrish
- maoidh, maoidhear, burraidh, pulaidhScottish Gaelic
- bullo, spaccone, arrogante, smargiasso, prepotenteItalian
- 苛める, 苛め, 苛めっ子Japanese
- corruptor, saevusLatin
- tītarakura, hawaiMāori
- заплашува, тиранизира, силеџија, насилник, застрашуваMacedonian
- wreedaard, pestkop, treiteren, treiteraar, pesten, jennen, bullebakDutch
- intimidar, oprimir, atormentar, tiranizar, valente, rufião, valentão, bravo, bulir, aterrorizar, maltratarPortuguese
- tiran, intimidaRomanian
- громила, хулиган, запугивать, застращать, тиранизировать, задрать, терроризировать, задира, забияка, тиран, запугать, стращать, задиратьRussian
- mobbare, mobbaSwedish
- đầu gấuVietnamese
Get even more translations for bully »
Find a translation for the bully synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)