Synonyms for caveat
ˈkæv iˌɑt, -ˌæt, ˈkɑ vi-, keɪ-caveat
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and similar words for the term caveat.
a warning against certain acts
"a caveat against unfair practices"
(law) a formal notice filed with a court or officer to suspend a proceeding until filer is given a hearing
"a caveat filed against the probate of a will"
Words popularity by usage frequency
The right women, i want to caveat that. And again, I don't mean to be mean or catty but ... I know a lot of women in power positions that don't help other women but there are a lot of women in power positions that do.
Ultimately it’s his call, there will be a great deal of consistency between the platform and President-elect Trump’s policies – that is, with the caveat that every decision is the president’s decision.
Nobody is a 100% sure, if you read carefully, there will always be a bit of a wiggle room caveat.
The one caveat in this is that every state dollar spent on able-bodied adults in a Medicaid program is one less dollar that can be spent on other programs. This is essentially eating up tons of funds at the state level.
With the caveat that I have not been privy to these negotiations, I find the rejection of the settlement by the Xerox board to be extraordinary and highly unusual.
Translations for caveat
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- مذكرة قانونيةArabic
- upozornění, varováníCzech
- Einspruch, Widerspruch, Warnung, Ausnahme, Vorbehalt, PatentanmeldungGerman
- condición, aviso, reserva, advertenciaSpanish
- intés, óvás, figyelmeztetésHungarian
- avvertimento, avvisoItalian
- waarschuwing, voorbehoud, uitzonderingDutch
- isenção, qualificação, notificação, avisoPortuguese
- уточнение, предуведомление, [[ходатайство]] [[о]] [[приостановка, предостережение, предупреждение, толкование, разъяснение, пояснениеRussian
- varning, förbehåll, brasklappSwedish
- kayıt, uyarı, şerh, askı başvurusu, kısıtlama, ikazTurkish
- báo trướcVietnamese
Get even more translations for caveat »
Find a translation for the caveat synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"caveat." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 28 Jan. 2023. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/caveat>.