permission to do something
"he indicated his consent"
accept, consent, go for(verb)
give an affirmative reply to; respond favorably to
"I cannot accept your invitation"; "I go for this resolution"
To express willingness, to give permission.
I've consented to have the procedure performed.
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Agree is the most general term of this group, signifying to have like qualities, proportions, views, or inclinations, so as to be free from jar, conflict, or contradiction in a given relation. To concur is to agree in general; to coincide is to agree in every particular. Whether in application to persons or things, concur tends to expression in action more than coincide; we may either concur or coincide in an opinion, but concur in a decision; views coincide, causes concur. One accepts another's terms, complies with his wishes, admits his statement, approves his plan, conforms to his views of doctrine or duty, accedes or consents to his proposal. Accede expresses the more formal agreement, consent the more complete. To assent is an act of the understanding; to consent, of the will. We may concur or agree with others, either in opinion or decision. One may silently acquiesce in that which does not meet his views, but which he does not care to contest. He admits the charge brought, or the statement made, by another — admit always carrying a suggestion of reluctance. Assent is sometimes used for a mild form of consent, as if agreement in the opinion assured approval of the decision.
I agree in opinion with the speaker; to the terms proposed; persons agree on or upon a statement of principles, rules, etc.; we must agree among ourselves.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use consent in a sentence?
It is a president's constitutional right to nominate a Supreme Court justice and it is the Senate's constitutional right to act as a check on a president and withhold its consent.
There we go Ross Cameron, consent for changing nappies, i ’m sure that that would, I think that might get a bit, er, anyway we wo n’t go there.
I was so excited and I wanted people to see this, i wanted people to be aware of consent and the rape culture that is in our society.
They have to give their consent to come here.
Certainly this (draft) will not hasten an agreement because without Israel's consent, nothing will change.
Translations for consent
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- съгласие, съгласявам се, разрешение, съгласен съмBulgarian
- consentimentCatalan, Valencian
- souhlas, souhlasitCzech
- einwilligen, Konsens, Zustimmung, zustimmenGerman
- συναίνεση, συναινώGreek
- konsento, konsentiEsperanto
- consenso, consentirSpanish
- suostumus, hyväksyä, [[hankkia]] [[suostumus]], suostua, myöntyäFinnish
- agrément, approuver, agréer, approbation, consentir, consentementFrench
- toiligh, deoinIrish
- aontaScottish Gaelic
- beleegyezés, beleegyez, hozzájárulását adjaHungarian
- consentir, consentimentoInterlingua
- rela, setujuIndonesian
- fallast á, samþykkja, samþykkiIcelandic
- consenso, consentireItalian
- 同意, 承諾Japanese
- toestemming, toestemmen, instemming, instemmenDutch
- zgoda, przyzwalać, zgadzać się, pozwoleniePolish
- consentimento, deixar, consentir, aprovarPortuguese
- согласиться, согласие, разрешать, дозволение, разрешить, разрешение, соглашатьсяRussian
- samtycke, samtycka, [[ge]] [[sitt]] [[samtycke]]Swedish
Get even more translations for consent »
Find a translation for the consent synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)