Synonyms for cool
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and similar words for the term cool.
English Synonyms and Antonyms
That is calm which is free from disturbance or agitation; in the physical sense, free from violent motion or action; in the mental or spiritual realm, free from excited or disturbing emotion or passion. We speak of a calm sea, a placid lake, a serene sky, a still night, a quiet day, a quiet home. We speak, also, of "still waters," "smooth sailing," which are different modes of expressing freedom from manifest agitation. Of mental conditions, one is calm who triumphs over a tendency to excitement; cool, if he scarcely feels the tendency. One may be calm by the very reaction from excitement, or by the oppression of overpowering emotion, as we speak of the calmness of despair. One is composed who has subdued excited feeling; he is collected when he has every thought, feeling, or perception awake and at command. Tranquil refers to a present state, placid, to a prevailing tendency. We speak of a tranquil mind, a placid disposition. The serene spirit dwells as if in the clear upper air, above all storm and shadow.The star of the unconquered will,
He rises in my breast,
Serene, and resolute, and still,
And calm, and self-possessed.
LongfellowLight of Stars st. 7.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
the quality of being at a refreshingly low temperature
"the cool of early morning"
aplomb, assuredness, cool, poise, sang-froidadjective
great coolness and composure under strain
"keep your cool"
neither warm nor very cold; giving relief from heat
"a cool autumn day"; "a cool room"; "cool summer dresses"; "cool drinks"; "a cool breeze"
cool, coolheaded, nervelessadjective
marked by calm self-control (especially in trying circumstances); unemotional
"play it cool"; "keep cool"; "stayed coolheaded in the crisis"; "the most nerveless winner in the history of the tournament"
(color) inducing the impression of coolness; used especially of greens and blues and violets
"cool greens and blues and violets"
psychologically cool and unenthusiastic; unfriendly or unresponsive or showing dislike
"relations were cool and polite"; "a cool reception"; "cool to the idea of higher taxes"
(used of a number or sum) without exaggeration or qualification
"a cool million bucks"
fashionable and attractive at the time; often skilled or socially adept
"he's a cool dude"; "that's cool"; "Mary's dress is really cool"; "it's not cool to arrive at a party too early"
cool, chill, cool downverb
make cool or cooler
"Chill the food"
cool, chill, cool downverb
"The air cooled considerably after the thunderstorm"
cool, cool off, cool downverb
"His enthusiasm cooled considerably"
tess is another word for cool as tess is the cooest there is. she is legitimate as can be and is the coolest
you are so tessSubmitted by tess.wilson755 on May 24, 2022
did you see my dope trickSubmitted by Bdawg on June 1, 2022
the weather is lower than comfortable.Submitted by Lollipopslove on May 9, 2022
epicSubmitted by ryan_1 on July 14, 2020
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
deliberate, self-possessed, unexcited, dispassionate, indifferent, nonchalant, unconcerned, composed, chilling, apathetic, repellent, distant, unfriendly, ceremonious, audacious, impudent, shameless, presumptuous, flippant, presuming
Cardiovascular thrombolytic to Open Occluded Lines
Words popularity by usage frequency
It’s so cool to get the community involved.
I feel like I just think it’s cool when the reporters try to make the stories in a different way.
One of the things that's so cool about this is everyone is so happy, we get all these comments on Facebook, or if I'm out in the field, everybody is like,' Thanks for doing this,'( and)' This is what I needed.' People are so happy to be out there and have a place to go.
Yeah, thats incredible, you get what you ask for because when I was younger, I really enjoyed that stuff and always wanted it, and now its here. It doesnt feel as good as I thought, but its cool, its really cool.
It's a cool atmosphere, it's unlike any other event. It's been a lot of fun the last couple of days. ... I came out here Friday because the weather has been rough in Dallas. It's been tough sitting on the couch watching these tournaments and not playing in them and watching my peers get out there and compete. I want to get back at it.
Translations for cool
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- بَارِد, يبردArabic
- fresc, guai, fred, freda, tranquiCatalan, Valencian
- ok, chladný, skvělý, v pořádkuCzech
- kold, koldblodig, kølig, fint, cool, rolig, okDanish
- cool, alles klar, akzeptabel, in Ordnung, geil, kühl, kalt, ganz Recht, abkühlenGerman
- malvarmeta, enorde, mojosa, memregadoEsperanto
- piola, chévere, bacán, frío, guay, frescoSpanish
- hillitty, viileä, viilentyä, viilentää, jäähdyttääFinnish
- cool, frais, chouette, calme, sang-froidFrench
- cúileach, fionnuar, cúl, fuaraighIrish
- fionnar, fuaraichScottish Gaelic
- מגניב, צונןHebrew
- menő, hűvös, hűvHungarian
- զով, հովArmenian
- sicuro di se, figo, scettico, tranquillo, calmo, ganzo, freddo, indifferente, termico, disinvolto, accettabile, imperturbabile, fresco, a posto, leggero, in gamba, distaccatoItalian
- クール, すごい, 涼しい, 素敵Japanese
- ძერსკი, მოსულა, მოდურიGeorgian
- 쿨하다, 쌀쌀하다, 멋있다Korean
- hîn, فێنک, hênik, fênikKurdish
- beheerst, kalm, cool, acceptabel, kil, koelbloedig, koel, verkoelend, patabel, rustig, verkwikkend, aanvaardbaar, okee, fris, lauw, onentoesiast, zelfzeker, bedaard, in orde, blits, afkoelen, koelen, verkoelen, bekoelen, koeleDutch
- behersket, reservert, populær, sval, kul, rolig, stilig, grei, kjølig, cool, ok, kald, hardne, kultNorwegian
- sxihNavajo, Navaho
- fajny, opanowany, spokojny, chłodnyPolish
- descolado, frio, aceitável, bacana, tranquilo, fixe, descolada, fresco, legalPortuguese
- frestg, fraidRomansh
- friguros, receRomanian
- кла́ссный, прохла́дный, клёвый, потря́сный, холо́дный, круто́й, хладнокро́вный, в поря́дке, невозмути́мый, споко́йный, потряса́ющий, холоднова́тый, ничего́, мо́дный, равноду́шный, де́рзкий, норма́льный, успокоиться, остыть, остудить, охладить, охладеть, хладнокровие, остужать, охлаждать, охладевать, успокаиваться, остывать, крутоRussian
- cool, kylig, sval, ok, svalnaSwedish
- soğukkanlı, sakin, serin, serinletmek, soğutmakTurkish
Get even more translations for cool »
Find a translation for the cool synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"cool." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2022. Web. 28 Sep. 2022. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/cool>.