Synonyms for crown
This thesaurus page includes all potential synonyms, words with the same meaning and similar terms for the word crown.
Wiktionary5.0 / 1 vote
Splendor, finish, culmination.
Specifically, a former British coin worth five shillings.
The part of a plant where the root and stem meet.
The part of a tooth above the gums.
a crown fire
A wreath or band for the head.
The mother was in the second stage of labor and the fetus had just crowned, prompting a round of encouragement from the midwives.
The part of an anchor where the arms and the shank meet
Treasure trove automatically becomes property of the Crown.
To hit on the head
The top part of a hat.
Crown me! I said, as I moved my checker to the back row.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms0.0 / 0 votes
Princeton's WordNet0.0 / 0 votes
the Crown (or the reigning monarch) as the symbol of the power and authority of a monarchy
"the colonies revolted against the Crown"
the part of a tooth above the gum that is covered with enamel
a wreath or garland worn on the head to signify victory
an ornamental jeweled headdress signifying sovereignty
the part of a hat (the vertex) that covers the crown of the head
an English coin worth 5 shillings
the upper branches and leaves of a tree or other plant
peak, crown, crest, top, tip, summitnoun
the top or extreme point of something (usually a mountain or hill)
"the view from the peak was magnificent"; "they clambered to the tip of Monadnock"; "the region is a few molecules wide at the summit"
wind, hint, top of the inning, cap, bloom, heyday, diadem, efflorescence, treetop, bakshis, teetotum, pate, upper side, backsheesh, visor, confidential information, crest, round top, circus tent, peak, poll, elevation, point, pourboire, upside, lead, vizor, prime, big top, baksheesh, apex, steer, pennant, eyeshade, bill, extremum, top side, whirligig, bakshish, meridian, blossom, acme, gratuity, pinnacle, flower, flush, cover, spinning top, summit meeting, jacket crown, top, superlative, jacket, tiptop, vertex, summit, tip, crownwork, height
the award given to the champion
pate, poll, crownnoun
the top of the head
crown, crownwork, jacket, jacket crown, capnoun
(dentistry) dental appliance consisting of an artificial crown for a broken or decayed tooth
"tomorrow my dentist will fit me for a crown"
the center of a cambered road
invest with regal power; enthrone
"The prince was crowned in Westminster Abbey"
be the culminating event
"The speech crowned the meeting"
form the topmost part of
"A weather vane crowns the building"
put an enamel cover on
"crown my teeth"
Dictionary of English Synonymes0.0 / 0 votes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words0.0 / 0 votes
Words popularity by usage frequency
Many a crown of wisdom is but the golden chamberpot of success, worn with pompous dignity.
So, in addition to the GCC meeting, there'll be a series of bilateral discussions as there are on the sidelines of all cooperation councils and summits. He will have a bilateral meeting with King Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and King Salman's leadership team, and the Crown Prince is on that leadership team. So you can expect that he'll see the Crown Prince while he's there.
The reason that I'm going to Saudi Arabia... is to promote President Joe Biden interest... in a way that I think Saudi Crown Prince have an opportunity to reassert what I think Saudi Crown Prince've made a mistake of walking away from : Saudi Crown Prince influence in the Middle East.
Our founders did not oust George III in order for us to crown Richard I.
The broader political message here is that authorities are signaling that they are the ones in charge of change, crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman has presented Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman as a' reformer', but Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman promises of reform seem entirely superficial as the repression of human rights activists continues unabated.
Translations for crown
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- теме, крона, коронясвам, корона, коронка, коронен, венец, кралска властBulgarian
- corona, capçadaCatalan, Valencian
- korunka, koruna, temeno, korunovatCzech
- isse, kroneDanish
- Krone, Scheitel, krönen, kronen-German
- κορώνα, κορυφή, στέμμα, κορφήGreek
- krono, kroniEsperanto
- cumbre, coronar, corona, coronillaSpanish
- tipp, kroon, hambakroon, pealagi, lagipea, naelEstonian
- seppele, seppel, kruunata, päälaki, laki, seppelöidä, kruunu, keskitie, huippu, peräFinnish
- couronne, lauriers, sommet, faîte, fond, couronner, cime, houppier, milieu, clef, couronnement, houpierFrench
- crùn, mullach, bàrr a' chinnScottish Gaelic
- כתר, הכתירHebrew
- korona, megkoronázHungarian
- պսակ, թագArmenian
- kronizar, krono, kronaIdo
- kóróna, krúna, krýnaIcelandic
- serto, cocuzzolo, calotta cranica, incoronare, chiave di volta, calotta, corona, capsula, ghirlanda, cima, vetta, sommità, centro, colmo, coronamento, diamanteItalian
- クラウン, 頭頂, 王冠Japanese
- 정수리, 왕관, 王冠Korean
- coronare, coronaLatin
- KrounLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- vainags, kronisLatvian
- kāmata, tāuru, tumuaki, tihi, karaunaMāori
- теме, врв, круна, венец, краун, крунски, коронка, навлака, крунисуваMacedonian
- kroon, kroon-, hoofdband, kronen, midden, top, kroons-, krans, kruin, koning kronen, bekronen, bolDutch
- krone, isseNorwegian
- szczyt, korona, ciemięPolish
- coroa, topo, alta, coroar, medalha de honra, cume, copaPortuguese
- carugna, curuna, crunaRomansh
- coroană, încorona, încununa, cununăRomanian
- маковка, крона, коронка, пятка, крон-принц, венец, короновать, власть, тулья, темя, коронный, венчать, тренд, наследный, корона, венок, вершина, увенчивать, макушкаRussian
- corona, curonaSardinian
- kruna, теме, круна, temeSerbo-Croatian
- korunný, korunovať, temenoSlovak
- krona, kronati, okronati, kronski, temeSlovene
- krona, hjässa, tandkrona, kron-Swedish
- kirauni, tajiSwahili
- корона, тім'я, маківкаUkrainian
- thóp, mũ miện, đỉnhVietnamese
- umqhele, isihloko, ukhakhayiZulu
Get even more translations for crown »
Find a translation for the crown synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"crown." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 29 Sep. 2023. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/crown>.