damn, darn, hoot, red cent, shit, shucks, tinker's damn, tinker's dam(adj)
something of little value
"his promise is not worth a damn"; "not worth one red cent"; "not worth shucks"
darn, snort, horseshit, diddly, jack, cocksucker, dickhead, squat, shucks, diddlyshit, dogshit, doodly-squat, bullshit, red cent, hoot, shit, bastard, son of a bitch, prick, crap, tinker's damn, shite, bull, razz, turd, dirt, asshole, raspberry, boo, bird, diddly-squat, tinker's dam, diddlysquat, diddly-shit, hiss, diddley, dump, razzing, poop, whoreson, mend, patch
used as expletives
"oh, damn (or goddamn)!"
blasted, blame, blamed, blessed, damn, damned, darned, deuced, goddam, goddamn, goddamned, infernal(verb)
expletives used informally as intensifiers
"he's a blasted idiot"; "it's a blamed shame"; "a blame cold winter"; "not a blessed dime"; "I'll be damned (or blessed or darned or goddamned) if I'll do any such thing"; "he's a damn (or goddam or goddamned) fool"; "a deuced idiot"; "an infernal nuisance"
blasted, unsaved, doomed, damned, diabolic, unredeemed, blest, deuced, hellish, satanic, blamed, goddam, fiendish, goddamned, unholy, darned, blame, beatified, demonic, diabolical, goddamn, cursed, infernal, blessed
curse, beshrew, damn, bedamn, anathemize, anathemise, imprecate, maledict(adverb)
wish harm upon; invoke evil upon
"The bad witch cursed the child"
bloody, damn, all-fired(adverb)
"you are bloody right"; "Why are you so all-fired aggressive?"
it's a reinforcing term before an adjective
man, it's so frigging cold out here!Submitted by wyss_marc on September 19, 2019
Dictionary of English Synonymes
How to use damn in a sentence?
This was the diving board area, and I was one of the guards, and they werent allowed to -- it was a 3-meter board. And if you fell off sideways, you landed on the damn, er, darn cement over there.
All I know is, I play the guitar, beat it out, and sing a song that has some damn resonance that we feel as musicians. We send it out and people get it, and that's a good thing.
Half these people don't know who their own damn governor is, let alone the governor of Louisiana.
History is more or less bunk. It's tradition. We don't want tradition. We want to live in the present and the only history that is worth a tinker's damn is the history we made today.
When she walked me out and took my badge and the gate close behind me -- it was like, damn, that's 20 years of White House service, gone, some nights, I cried and I was mad because I got comfortable.
Translations for damn
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- порицавам, проклинам, проклятие, ужасно, кълна, осъждамBulgarian
- malaïdament, maleir, cagondenaCatalan, Valencian
- zatratit, sakraCzech
- hulens, sørens, pokkers, forbandetDanish
- damni, damneEsperanto
- maldita sea, condenar, maldición, maldito, maldecir, malditamente, diablos, reprobarSpanish
- saamarin, tuomita, saamari, jumalattoman, samperi, kadotukseen, samperin, hitto, kirota, pahus, pahuksenFinnish
- mince, merde, damner, putain, réprouverFrench
- a fene egye meg, a francba, átkozottul, a fenébeHungarian
- sialan, brengsek, kampret, mengutukIndonesian
- accidenti, cavolo, condannare, cribbio, dannazione, maledettamente, dannare, dannatamenteItalian
- 糞, [[地獄]][[に]][[落とす]]Japanese
- velnias, prakeikimas, prakeiktiLithuanian
- проклетство, проколнува, проклето, по ѓаволитеMacedonian
- cholernie, cholera, przekląć, psiakrew, do diabłaPolish
- maldição, danar, droga, amaldiçoar, porcariaPortuguese
- la naiba!Romanian
- проклясть, проклятие, чёрт возьми, чёрт побери, чёрт, блин, проклинатьRussian
- förbannat, djävligt, fördöma, förbanna, fanSwedish
Get even more translations for damn »
Find a translation for the damn synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)