damn, darn, hoot, red cent, shit, shucks, tinker's damn, tinker's dam(adj)
something of little value
"his promise is not worth a damn"; "not worth one red cent"; "not worth shucks"
darn, snort, horseshit, diddly, jack, cocksucker, dickhead, squat, shucks, diddlyshit, dogshit, doodly-squat, bullshit, red cent, hoot, shit, bastard, son of a bitch, prick, crap, tinker's damn, shite, bull, razz, turd, dirt, asshole, raspberry, boo, bird, diddly-squat, tinker's dam, diddlysquat, diddly-shit, hiss, diddley, dump, razzing, poop, whoreson, mend, patch
used as expletives
"oh, damn (or goddamn)!"
blasted, blame, blamed, blessed, damn, damned, darned, deuced, goddam, goddamn, goddamned, infernal(verb)
expletives used informally as intensifiers
"he's a blasted idiot"; "it's a blamed shame"; "a blame cold winter"; "not a blessed dime"; "I'll be damned (or blessed or darned or goddamned) if I'll do any such thing"; "he's a damn (or goddam or goddamned) fool"; "a deuced idiot"; "an infernal nuisance"
blasted, unsaved, doomed, damned, diabolic, unredeemed, blest, deuced, hellish, satanic, blamed, goddam, fiendish, goddamned, unholy, darned, blame, beatified, demonic, diabolical, goddamn, cursed, infernal, blessed
curse, beshrew, damn, bedamn, anathemize, anathemise, imprecate, maledict(adverb)
wish harm upon; invoke evil upon
"The bad witch cursed the child"
bloody, damn, all-fired(adverb)
"you are bloody right"; "Why are you so all-fired aggressive?"
it's a reinforcing term before an adjective
man, it's so frigging cold out here!Submitted by wyss_marc on September 19, 2019
Dictionary of English Synonymes
How to use damn in a sentence?
Obama has not done a damn thing so far to confront Daesh. Doesn't that show that there is no will in America to confront it?
Would you convey my compliments to the purist who reads your proofs and tell him or her that I write in a sort of broken-down patois which is something like the way a Swiss waiter talks, and that when I split an infinitive, God damn it, I split it so it will stay split, and when I interrupt the velvety smoothness of my more or less literate syntax with a few sudden words of bar-room vernacular, that is done with the eyes wide open and the mind relaxed but attentive.
Damn shame this great horse, connections and me have to be put through all this, it was obvious environmental contamination. Its been a known problem in California.
The water came up so damn fast. The day before yesterday, they were saying it is going to crest tonight, everything is fine, then yesterday they are saying everyone has got to get out of here, i have never seen it like this.
They are acting like they didn't know what was happening, (but) there isn't a damn thing the crew can do without the owners telling them what to do, nowadays the technology is so good these owners are on the bridge with the captain every step of the way. They are virtually on the ship, so for TOTE to file limited liability and say they didn't know what was happening, that is wrong.
Translations for damn
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- порицавам, проклинам, проклятие, ужасно, кълна, осъждамBulgarian
- malaïdament, maleir, cagondenaCatalan, Valencian
- zatratit, sakraCzech
- hulens, sørens, pokkers, forbandetDanish
- damni, damneEsperanto
- maldita sea, condenar, maldición, maldito, maldecir, malditamente, diablos, reprobarSpanish
- saamarin, tuomita, saamari, jumalattoman, samperi, kadotukseen, samperin, hitto, kirota, pahus, pahuksenFinnish
- mince, merde, damner, putain, réprouverFrench
- a fene egye meg, a francba, átkozottul, a fenébeHungarian
- sialan, brengsek, kampret, mengutukIndonesian
- accidenti, cavolo, condannare, cribbio, dannazione, maledettamente, dannare, dannatamenteItalian
- 糞, [[地獄]][[に]][[落とす]]Japanese
- velnias, prakeikimas, prakeiktiLithuanian
- проклетство, проколнува, проклето, по ѓаволитеMacedonian
- cholernie, cholera, przekląć, psiakrew, do diabłaPolish
- maldição, danar, droga, amaldiçoar, porcariaPortuguese
- la naiba!Romanian
- проклясть, проклятие, чёрт возьми, чёрт побери, чёрт, блин, проклинатьRussian
- förbannat, djävligt, fördöma, förbanna, fanSwedish
Get even more translations for damn »
Find a translation for the damn synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)