Synonyms for date
This thesaurus page includes all potential synonyms, words with the same meaning and similar terms for the word date.
English Synonyms and Antonyms0.0 / 0 votes
Sequence and succession apply to events viewed as following one another; time and duration denote something conceived of as enduring while events take place and acts are done. According to the necessary conditions of human thought, events are contained in time as objects are in space, time existing before the event, measuring it as it passes, and still existing when the event is past. Duration and succession are more general words than time; we can speak of infinite or eternal duration or succession, but time is commonly contrasted with eternity. Time is measured or measurable duration.
Princeton's WordNet0.0 / 0 votes
date, day of the monthnoun
the specified day of the month
"what is the date today?"
a participant in a date
"his date never stopped talking"
date, appointment, engagementnoun
a meeting arranged in advance
"she asked how to avoid kissing at the end of a date"
conflict, fight, troth, engagement, booking, employment, assignment, particular date, mesh, interlocking, appointment, battle, involution, participation, designation, escort, involvement, betrothal, day of the month, appointee, meshing, fitting, naming
date, particular datenoun
a particular but unspecified point in time
"they hoped to get together at an early date"
"they are up to date"; "we haven't heard from them to date"
the particular day, month, or year (usually according to the Gregorian calendar) that an event occurred
"he tried to memorizes all the dates for his history class"
a particular day specified as the time something happens
"the date of the election is set by law"
sweet edible fruit of the date palm with a single long woody seed
go on a date with
"Tonight she is dating a former high school sweetheart"
date, date stampverb
stamp with a date
"The package is dated November 24"
assign a date to; determine the (probable) date of
"Scientists often cannot date precisely archeological or prehistorical findings"
go steady, go out, date, seeverb
date regularly; have a steady relationship with
"Did you know that she is seeing an older man?"; "He is dating his former wife again!"
take in, figure, go out, look, reckon, examine, go through, find, view, go steady, get word, meet, visualize, control, construe, determine, see, find out, see to it, fancy, picture, get out, catch, realise, leave, encounter, escort, learn, envision, watch, visit, run into, run across, assure, come across, understand, get a line, image, take care, witness, ensure, attend, pick up, regard, experience, ascertain, exit, visualise, consider, interpret, hear, date stamp, realize, get wind, project, discover, insure, check
provide with a dateline; mark with a date
"She wrote the letter on Monday but she dated it Saturday so as not to reveal that she procrastinated"
Dictionary of English Synonymes2.0 / 1 vote
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words0.0 / 0 votes
What does DATE stand for? -- Explore the various meanings for the DATE acronym on the Abbreviations.com website.
Words popularity by usage frequency
I think there is more benefit to sporadic date overnights than there is more frequent date nights, a lot of my clients complain that they are so tired by the time they finish the date, that they don't have energy left over to make love. Women especially seem to need more time to relax before they can get in the mood for sex.
Aim SarkariExam is one solution for all your question related to government jobs like notification of new vacancy, exam date, release date of admit card, answer key, result. For candidate’s easy reference we have provided a list of all government exams, so that you can get complete detail about that specific exam in one click.
I wasn’t necessarily expecting to have sex that night, i thought it would be more of a first date – even though obviously it’s not a very traditional first date. I thought it would be more the type of thing where I saw what happened, saw what was going on. If I wasn’t comfortable with it, I wouldn’t have to do anything and I could make my decision on whether I wanted to come back for date no. 2 or not.
I work 60-100 hours a week, so if anyone needs time off, its me, she wrote. Last year, however, the woman claimed the two asked her to babysit on the day of her own important work retreat. Everyone is expected to go [on the retreat], and its frowned upon if you miss it. They wanted to go on a date. I said no, I have an important work event. They continued to nag me about how they havent gone on a date for so long, she wrote. The night before her work event, they called in a panic and said their friend Mike from the next city over had been in a car accident, and I needed to babysit nephew for a few hours. The Reddit user said shereluctantly agreed, but under the condition that they be back by 7 a.m. the next day so she could leave for the retreat.But her brother and sister-in-law did not return for two days, and did not answer any of her phone calls or texts. I had to cancel on my superiors morning of, which looked awful, she wrote. DAD IN TROUBLE WITH WIFE AND DAUGHTER AFTER BUYING MCDONALDS FOR HIMSELF, AND ONLY HIMSELF Her brother had an excuse when they returned, claiming Mikes life was in danger and they were too busy helping his girlfriend. And then, for weeks afterward, the Reddit user said her brother and sister-in-law asked her to babysit many more times, each time saying they werevisitingMike to help him with his recovery. Two months later, however, the woman claims that her company, and the company that Mikes girlfriend works for,had a meeting, and that she ran into the two of them. Mike had never been in an accident, and although [my brother and sister-in-law] had gone to visit them recently, it was for drinks and bowling, not bringing them chicken noodle soup in the hospital, she wrote. CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR LIFESTYLE NEWSLETTER After confronting her brother and sister-in-law, the woman said they admitted to lying so they could go on date nights. They claimed I gave them no choice since I would never help them out when they needed time together because parenting was so stressful and difficult.
We all know one day we will die but don't know the exact date, we don't know that fucking exact date, say what you want to say to everyone who loves you or you love because we don't know the exact date.”
Translations for date
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- لقاء الحب, مُوَاعَدَة, تَمْرَة, تاريخ, موعد, مَوْعِد, أرخArabic
- финик, дата, среща, срок, време, фурма, датирамBulgarian
- datezenn, emgav, datez, deiziad, deiziañBreton
- cita, dàtil, data, quedar, sortirCatalan, Valencian
- schůzka, datum, datle, stárnout, datovat, choditCzech
- dyddiad, oedWelsh
- date, tidspunkt, rendezvous, stævnemøde, daddel, datering, ledsager, dato, tidsfæste, datere, komme sammen med, gå ud med, tidsbestemmeDanish
- Verabredung, Zeit, Stelldichein, Zeitpunkt, Datum, Date, Dattel, Rendezvous, Treffen, Ende, ausgehen, daten, datierenGerman
- χουρμάς, συνάντηση, ημερομηνίαGreek
- daktilo, dato, fino, tempo, rendevuo, rendevui, dati, datiĝiEsperanto
- compañero, fecha, dátil, data, compañera, cita, fechar, citarSpanish
- tähtaeg, dattel, kuupäev, kaaslane, kohtumine, kohtamine, eluiga, hetkEstonian
- قرار, خرما, تاریخ, خرمارطبPersian
- avec, tapaaminen, seuralainen, määränpää, kohtalo, heila, päivämäärä, määrä, ajankohta, treffit, taateli, päiväys, kumppani, aika, tapailla, ajoittaa, vanhentua, päivätä, alkaa, määrittää, ikä, vanheta, ikääntyä, seurustellaFinnish
- rendez-vous d'amour, rendez-vous, datte, date, vieillir, dater, rendez-vous amoureuxFrench
- coinne, dátaIrish
- ceann-latha, deitScottish Gaelic
- תאריך, פגישה, תמר, לתארךHebrew
- खजूर, तारीख़Hindi
- randi, találkozó, nap, keltezés, időpont, datolya, dátum, randevú, udvarolHungarian
- արմավ, ժամադրություն, խուրմա, թվականArmenian
- kencan, tanggal, kurmaIndonesian
- dagsetning, stefnumót, daðlaIcelandic
- dattero, data, cavaliere, appuntamento, incontro, accompagnatore, datareItalian
- 逢引, デート, ナツメヤシの実, 日付, デーツ, 年月日, 交際する, デートする, 付き合うJapanese
- kurma, kormaJavanese
- ფინიკი, თარიღი, პაემანიGeorgian
- លម៉ើ, កាលបរិច្ឆេទKhmer
- 만날 약속, 월일, 데이트, 날자, 대추, 연월일, 데이트하다Korean
- palmula, dies, tempus, diemLatin
- pasimatymas, datulė, data, datuotiLithuanian
- randiņš, termiņš, datums, satikšanās, laiks, datele, tikšanāsLatvian
- состанок, рок, датула, датум, урма, век, датира, се гледа, застаруваMacedonian
- хасарваань, ѳдѳрMongolian
- tamar, tanggal, kurma, tarikhMalay
- tijdstip, dadel, datum, afspraak, levensduur, afspraakje, einde, daten, daterenDutch
- datoNorwegian Nynorsk
- date, daddel, datering, noledsagerinne, ledsager, stevnemøte, begynne med, sette dato, datere, eldesNorwegian
- hashkʼaan, yoołkááł, hashkʼaan dijéʼéNavajo, Navaho
- randka, data, spotkanie, osoba towarzysząca, towarzysz, daktyl, towarzyszka, spotykać się, datować, starzeć się, chodzićPolish
- encontro, fim, data, validade, tâmara, acompanhante, datar, marcar, envelhecer, sairPortuguese
- întâlnire, finic, curmală, datăRomanian
- срок, число, рандеву, свидание, век, встреча, финик, дата, датироваться, устаревать, датировать, устареть, встречаться, восходитьRussian
- финик, датум, finik, датуља, datum, sastanak, urma, састанак, spoj, спој, randes, datulja, урма, nadnevakSerbo-Croatian
- rande, schôdzka, datľa, dátumSlovak
- sréčanje, datum, dateljSlovene
- datum, träff, tidpunkt, dadel, datering, dejt, åldersbestämma, datera, gå ut med, åldras, träffaSwedish
- பேரீச்சம்பழம், தித்திTamil
- ఖర్జూరము, తేదిTelugu
- ผลอินทผลัม, วันที่, นัดThai
- hurma, tarih, buluşma, randevuTurkish
- дата, фінікUkrainian
- ngày tháng, hẹn hò, hẹn, ngày, trái chà là, hẹn gặpVietnamese
- טרעפֿונג, דאַטעYiddish
Get even more translations for date »
Find a translation for the date synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"date." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 11 Dec. 2023. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/date>.