Synonyms for deliberate
dɪˈlɪb ər ɪt; -əˌreɪtde·lib·er·ate
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and similar words for the term deliberate.
English Synonyms and Antonyms
An individual considers, meditates, ponders, reflects, by himself; he weighs a matter in his own mind, and is sometimes said even to debate with himself. Consult and confer always imply two or more persons, as does debate, unless expressly limited as above. Confer suggests the interchange of counsel, advice, or information; consult indicates almost exclusively the receiving of it. A man confers with his associates about a new investment; he consults his physician about his health; he may confer with him on matters of general interest. He consults a dictionary, but does not confer with it. Deliberate, which can be applied to a single individual, is also the word for a great number, while consult is ordinarily limited to a few; a committee consults; an assembly deliberates. Deliberating always carries the idea of slowness; consulting is compatible with haste; we can speak of a hasty consultation, not of a hasty deliberation. Debate implies opposing views; deliberate, simply a gathering and balancing of all facts and reasons. We consider or deliberate with a view to action, while meditation may be quite purposeless.
We deliberate on or upon, also about or concerning a matter: the first two are preferable.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
deliberate, calculated, measuredadjective
carefully thought out in advance
"a calculated insult"; "with measured irony"
careful, deliberate, measuredverb
unhurried and with care and dignity
"walking at the same measured pace"; "with all deliberate speed"
consider, debate, moot, turn over, deliberateverb
think about carefully; weigh
"They considered the possibility of a strike"; "Turn the proposal over in your mind"
turn, reckon, dig, flip, pass on, weigh, view, debate, fence, reach, take, roll, study, see, deal, tump over, moot, think, contend, conceive, give, overturn, bowl over, delve, pass, tip over, count, upset, believe, flip over, turn over, regard, argue, consider, knock over, look at, hand, cut into
discuss the pros and cons of an issue
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
I strongly condemn North Korea's ballistic missile technology test. This is a clear and deliberate violation of a number of U.N. Security Council Resolutions. North Korea's actions continue to present a threat to regional and international security, the U.N. Security Council unanimously agreed to take significant measures against any further launches or nuclear tests. We will now meet with our partners in New York to agree a collective response.
The United States took necessary, appropriate, and deliberate action designed to limit the risk of escalation — but also to send a clear and unambiguous deterrent message.
The number of Venezuelan migrants encountered by [CBP] has increased nearly 3,000 percent from fiscal year 2020 to fiscal year 2022, given the reports of the deliberate, nefarious actions of the illegitimate Maduro regime, it is more important than ever that CBP has the tools and capabilities in place to identify foreign violent criminals, affiliates of FTOs, and affiliates of TCOs.
A good man?s intellect is piercing, yet inflicts no wound; his actions are deliberate, yet bold; his heart is warm, but never burns; his speech is eloquent, yet ever true.
This appears to be a deliberate attack on a health structure, and we condemn this attack in the strongest possible terms, the destruction of the hospital leaves the local population of around 40,000 people without access to medical services in an active zone of conflict.
Translations for deliberate
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- обмислям, обмислен, умишлен, преднамеренBulgarian
- deliberatCatalan, Valencian
- váhavý, záměrný, neuspěchaný, zvažovat, úmyslný, rozvážný, promyšlenýCzech
- bevidst, langsom, overveje, velovervejet, rolig, gennemtænkt, overlagt, sindigDanish
- wohlerwogen, absichtlich, überlegt, bedachtsam, bewusst, vorsichtig, erwägen, wohlüberlegt, überlegen, beraten, vorsätzlich, bedacht, abwägenGerman
- deliberado, deliberar, a propósitoSpanish
- حساب شدهPersian
- harkitseva, tarkoituksellinen, harkita, verkkainen, puntaroida, harkittu, pohtia, tahallinenFinnish
- délibérer, concerté, délibéréFrench
- meòraichScottish Gaelic
- deliberado, deliberarGalician
- megfontolt, szándékos, megfontolHungarian
- sengaja, disengajaIndonesian
- 熟慮する, 思慮深い, 作為的, 慎重, 故意Japanese
- mauritau, whakaraupeka, ngarahuMāori
- opzettelijke, weloverwogen, doordacht, doordachte, doordenken, beraadslagen, met opzet, overwegen, opzettelijkDutch
- overveid, veloverveid, med viljeNorwegian
- umyślny, zamierzonyPolish
- proposital, deliberado, deliberar, de propósito, intencional, calculadoPortuguese
- delibera, consfătuiRomanian
- осторожный, осмотрительный, размеренный, обдумывать, преднамеренный, осознанный, взвешенный, намеренный, неспешный, умышленный, обдуманный, рассудительныйRussian
- namjeran, намјеран, nameran, намеранSerbo-Croatian
- úmyselný, zámernýSlovak
- medveten, överlägga, rådslå, avsiktligSwedish
- навмисний, умиснийUkrainian
Get even more translations for deliberate »
Find a translation for the deliberate synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"deliberate." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2022. Web. 2 Oct. 2022. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/deliberate>.