deposit, sedimentation, alluviation(noun)
the phenomenon of sediment or gravel accumulating
matter that has been deposited by some natural process
the natural process of laying down a deposit of something
deposit, bank deposit(noun)
money deposited in a bank or some similar institution
down payment, deposit(noun)
a partial payment made at the time of purchase; the balance to be paid later
money given as security for an article acquired for temporary use
"his deposit was refunded when he returned the car"
a payment given as a guarantee that an obligation will be met
depository, deposit, depositary, repository(noun)
a facility where things can be deposited for storage or safekeeping
the act of putting something somewhere
lodge, wedge, stick, deposit(verb)
put, fix, force, or implant
"lodge a bullet in the table"; "stick your thumb in the crack"
accommodate, stand by, stupefy, stick by, baffle, stick, perplex, cleave, bond, get, mystify, flummox, cling, bind, beat, bank, stick around, nonplus, stick to, force, dumbfound, file, vex, cohere, lodge, sting, hold fast, amaze, squeeze, charge, stay put, gravel, stay, posit, bewilder, situate, wedge, pose, fix, puzzle, adhere
put into a bank account
"She deposits her paycheck every month"
situate, fix, posit, deposit(verb)
put (something somewhere) firmly
"She posited her hand on his shoulder"; "deposit the suitcase on the bench"; "fix your eyes on this spot"
furbish up, desexualise, stick, sterilize, ready, put forward, prepare, get, set up, cook, secure, sterilise, bank, gear up, mend, state, make, fasten, fixate, bushel, desexualize, define, specify, postulate, lodge, determine, desex, touch on, repair, pay back, posit, locate, unsex, situate, limit, wedge, submit, restore, set, fix, pay off, doctor
To leave or adhere one material or item onto another.
He deposited his gum on the bottom of the table.
To entrust one's assets to the care of another. Sometimes done as collateral.
To put money or funds into an account.
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Put is the most general term for bringing an object to some point or within some space, however exactly or loosely; we may put a horse in a pasture, or put a bullet in a rifle or into an enemy. Place denotes more careful movement and more exact location; as, to place a crown on one's head, or a garrison in a city. To lay is to place in a horizontal position; to set is to place in an upright position; we lay a cloth, and set a dish upon a table. To deposit is to put in a place of security for future use; as, to deposit money in a bank; the original sense, to lay down or let down (quietly), is also common; as, the stream deposits sediment.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
money in bank
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
List of paraphrases for "deposit":
filing, deposits, deposition, depot, tabling, depository, reservoir, repository, orebody, deposit-taking, deposited, depositing, depositary, file, tank, warehouse, cabstand, submission, lodging, filed, surety, depots, filings, bail, repositories, warehousing, lodge, bond
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use deposit in a sentence?
They could undermine the deposit-taking of banks and their business models, this might disrupt transaction banking and financial market intermediation.
The deposit base in the United States is larger than in all of Europe combined.
Bottom-line, once you know the number, get it done, and keep in mind that certificates of deposit and money market funds have 2% yields now. You can make real money by parking it.
It's an anomaly that you have a class of deposit-taking institutions that is outside the ambit of the RBI.
If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name in a Swiss bank.
Translations for deposit
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- أودع, إيداعArabic
- депозит, депонирам, влог, залеж, влагам, отлагам сеBulgarian
- jaciment, dipositar, dipòsitCatalan, Valencian
- vklad, vložitCzech
- einzahlen, Pfand, Kaution, AnzahlungGerman
- προκαταβολή, καταθέτω, κοίτασμαGreek
- depositar, empeño, depósitoSpanish
- haltuun, ennakko, talletus, vakuus, depositio, uskoa, esiintymä, kiinnittää, tallettaa, kerrostuma, panttiFinnish
- acompte, arrhes, déposer, gisement, dépôt, cautionFrench
- deposito, depositarInterlingua
- sedimento, acconto, caparra, deposito, anticipoItalian
- 預金, 担保, 敷金, 堆積物, 預金する, 保証金, 預け入れる, デポジット, 預けるJapanese
- pātokatoka, moni tāpui, whakatakoto, whakaputuMāori
- storten, statiegeld, deposito, neerzetten, storting, afzetting, afzetten, neerzetting, aanbetalingDutch
- ślad, zdeponować, składać, wpłacać, złoże, depozyt, złożyć, powierzać, osadzać, osad, wpłata, powierzyć, osadzić, zaliczka, wpłacić, deponować, kaucjaPolish
- depositar, depósito, empenho, entradaPortuguese
- depunere, depune, a depozita, depozit, zăcământ, a lăsa în îngrijireRomanian
- положить, задаток, месторождение, вкладывать, взнос, залежь, класть, депозит, залог, осадок, депонировать, отложение, вклад, вложитьRussian
- deposition, insättning, depositionsavgift, deponera, sätta in, avlagring, handpenningSwedish
Get even more translations for deposit »
Find a translation for the deposit synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)