a transparent piece of diamond that has been cut and polished and is valued as a precious gem
very hard native crystalline carbon valued as a gem
rhombus, rhomb, diamond(noun)
a parallelogram with four equal sides; an oblique-angled equilateral parallelogram
a playing card in the minor suit that has one or more red rhombuses on it
"he led a small diamond"; "diamonds were trumps"
baseball diamond, diamond, infield(noun)
the area of a baseball field that is enclosed by 3 bases and home plate
ball field, baseball field, diamond(noun)
the baseball playing field
I have only one diamond in my hand.
made of, or containing diamond, a diamond or diamonds.
He gave her diamond earrings.
of, relating to, or being a sixtieth anniversary.
Today is their diamond wedding anniversary.
of, relating to, or being a seventy-fifth anniversary.
Today is their diamond wedding anniversary.
Something that resembles a diamond.
The infield of a baseball field.
The teams met on the diamond.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
DIAbetes MONDiale www2.umdnj.edu/~shi
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use diamond in a sentence?
Golden bridge, silver bridge or diamond bridge; it doesn’t matter! As long as the bridge takes you across the other side, it is a good bridge!
I noticed the sign as we went by and I thought, ‘Wow. Buy her a diamond, get a free 12-gauge shotgun. Huh. What a deal,’.
Looking for a gem, we are sometimes dumb enough to try to hold on to a lump of coal, convinced that it will turn into a diamond in our lifetime... but all it does it get sh*t all over you until you burn it and use the energy for something else.
Producers can say a million times that it's not the same thing. That may have been so before, but it's not true any more. It's a diamond, full stop.
I’m going to wear this one [ring] a lot, when I got the ring with the Orioles, it was awesome because I was a player and on the team. It was awful gaudy, though. It had a lot of diamonds. It was the first of the real diamond [rings]. It was hard to wear it. And now they make them so big that you can’t get them on your finger. The year we went through, the players, it was the best. I can’t wait.
Translations for diamond
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- الماس, الماسة, ديناريArabic
- brilyant, almazAzerbaijani
- бриллиант, алмас, гәүһәрBashkir
- алма́з, дыяме́нт, брылья́нтBelarusian
- диама́нт, каро́, бриля́нт, диамантенBulgarian
- diamant, camp interiorCatalan, Valencian
- deimwnt, diemwntWelsh
- ruder, diamantDanish
- Brillant, Karo, DiamantGerman
- gema, diamanteSpanish
- ruutu, teemantEstonian
- الماس, خشتPersian
- [[hyvin]] [[vaalea, ruutu, timantti, baseballkenttä, hailakansininen, [[baseball, timantti-Finnish
- diamant, carreau, diamanterFrench
- diamantWestern Frisian
- diamant, muileata, diamaintIrish
- gyémánt, káróHungarian
- ադամանդ, ալմաստ, ագուռArmenian
- intan, berlianIndonesian
- ダイヤ, ダイヤモンド, 金剛石Japanese
- ალმასი, ბრილიანტიGeorgian
- ពេជ្រ, ត្បូងពេជ្រ, ការ៉ូKhmer
- deimantas, briliantasLithuanian
- dimants, briljantsLatvian
- каро́, дијама́нт, ба́клава, дијамантскиMacedonian
- intan, almasMalay
- inleggen met diamant, diamantDutch
- óolaNavajo, Navaho
- diament, karo, brylant, brylantowa, diamentowa, diamentowyPolish
- diamante, ourosPortuguese
- [[бейсбольный, адама́нт, бу́бны, алма́з, брю́лик, бриллиа́нт, алмазный, диама́нт, брилья́нт, ромб, бу́бнаRussian
- dijamant, дијамантSerbo-Croatian
- démant, diamántSlovene
- diamant, innerplan, ruter, brilliant, basebollplan, diamond, ruterkort, diamantbelägga, år, diamant-Swedish
- almasi, uruSwahili
- elmas, pırlantaTurkish
- алма́з, діама́нт, алмазUkrainian
- ہیرا, ہیرےUrdu
- kim cươngVietnamese
Get even more translations for diamond »
Find a translation for the diamond synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)