the property created by the space between two objects or points
a distant region
"I could see it in the distance"
size of the gap between two places
"the distance from New York to Chicago"; "he determined the length of the shortest line segment joining the two points"
indifference by personal withdrawal
the interval between two times
"the distance from birth to death"; "it all happened in the space of 10 minutes"
a remote point in time
"if that happens it will be at some distance in the future"; "at a distance of ten years he had forgotten many of the details"
keep at a distance
"we have to distance ourselves from these events in order to continue living"
outdistance, outstrip, distance(verb)
go far ahead of
"He outdistanced the other runners"
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use distance in a sentence?
There is still a distance to travel.
The longest distance in the universe is not between the stars, but between the religion and the truth!
You can impress people from a distance but you can impact them only up close.""The more sensitive you become toward sin, the more aware you'll be for the need of godliness and holiness.""The measure of you as a leader is not what you do, but what others do because of what you do.""You teach what you know but you reproduce what you are.""People tell me they want to make the Bible relevant. The Bible's already relevant. You're the one that's irrelevant!
I think the distance between those two things was good. It let me look at it differently and allowed it to be funny. I think if had happened before, The Wedding Singer would have been one seriously depressing movie.
There is no moonlight in the Moon. It is same for the fame! Celebrity shines only from the distance!
Translations for distance
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- بُعْد, مسافةArabic
- разстояние, дистанцирам се, дистанцияBulgarian
- distància, allunyarCatalan, Valencian
- Distanz, Abstand, entfernen, EntfernungGerman
- απόσταση, απομακρύνομαιGreek
- distanco, malproksimoEsperanto
- etäännyttää, välimatka, etäisyysFinnish
- מרחק, התרחקHebrew
- फ़ासला, दूरीHindi
- distansHaitian Creole
- distantia, distantiarInterlingua
- jarak, menjauhiIndonesian
- 거리, 距離Korean
- distancija, atstumas, nuotolisLithuanian
- atstatums, attālumsLatvian
- се раздалечува, раздалеченост, оддалеченост, се оддалечува, се дистанцира, далечина, растојаниеMacedonian
- അകലം, ദൂരംMalayalam
- eind, verwijderen, afstandDutch
- dystans, odległość, drogaPolish
- [[distanciar]]-[[se]], distância, [[afastar]]-[[se]]Portuguese
- расстояние, дистанция, отдалённостьRussian
- udaljenost, daljìna, даљѝна, у̀да̄љено̄стSerbo-Croatian
- avlägsna, distansera, avstånd, distansSwedish
- దూరం చేసుకొనుTelugu
- ubude, iduze, ibangaZulu
Get even more translations for distance »
Find a translation for the distance synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)