Synonyms for doctor
This thesaurus page includes all potential synonyms, words with the same meaning and similar terms for the word doctor.
Wiktionary0.0 / 0 votes
A person who has attained a doctorate, such as a Ph.D. or Th.D. or one of many other terminal degrees conferred by a college or university.
Her children doctored her back to health.
To make (someone) into an (academic) doctor.
If you still feel unwell tomorrow, go see your doctor.
To physically alter (medically or surgically) a living being in order to change growth or behavior.
A nickname for a person who has special knowledge or talents to manipulate or arrange transactions.
Mendel's discoveries showed how the evolution of a species may be doctored.
Princeton's WordNet1.0 / 3 votes
doctor, doc, physician, MD, Dr., mediconoun
a licensed medical practitioner
"I felt so bad I went to see my doctor"
Doctor of the Church, Doctornoun
(Roman Catholic Church) a title conferred on 33 saints who distinguished themselves through the orthodoxy of their theological teaching
"the Doctors of the Church greatly influenced Christian thought down to the late Middle Ages"
children take the roles of physician or patient or nurse and pretend they are at the physician's office
"the children explored each other's bodies by playing the game of doctor"
a person who holds Ph.D. degree (or the equivalent) from an academic institution
"she is a doctor of philosophy in physics"
sophisticate, doctor, doctor upverb
alter and make impure, as with the intention to deceive
"Sophisticate rose water with geraniol"
give medical treatment to
repair, mend, fix, bushel, doctor, furbish up, restore, touch onverb
restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken
"She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
touch, furbish up, cook, desexualise, sterilize, ready, concern, prepare, get, set up, compensate, revivify, remediate, recompense, secure, pertain, sterilise, gear up, impact, mend, regenerate, vivify, amend, situate, have-to doe with, heal, make, fasten, determine, renovate, bushel, desexualize, reestablish, define, specify, rejuvenate, reconstruct, sophisticate, quicken, refer, desex, affect, unsex, fixate, resort, restore, relate, rectify, touch on, recreate, deposit, remedy, repair, pay back, doctor up, posit, bear on, bear upon, come to, animate, reanimate, limit, revive, restitute, set, fix, pay off, reinstate, indemnify
Dictionary of English Synonymes0.0 / 0 votes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words0.0 / 0 votes
Song lyrics by doctor -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by doctor on the Lyrics.com website.
Words popularity by usage frequency
If my doctor told me I had only six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster.
A patient going to a doctor for his first visit was asked, "And whom did you consult before coming to me?""Only the village druggist," was the answer."And what sort of foolish advice did that numbskull give you?" asked the doctor, his tone and manner denoting his contempt for the advice of the layman."Oh," replied his patient, with no malice aforethought, "he told me to come and see you."
My doctor wants me to stay here( in California) and is bringing the hospital basically to my bedside, i'll have a doctor, a registered nurse, therapist and other specialist treat me from home. My eating disorder doctor has set all of this up for me.
The ER doctor called in the middle of the night and said,' Your son overdosed, and The ER doctor's dead.' Just that matter-of-fact, and I didn't believe The ER doctor at first. Then I just screamed and cried on the floor, and my husband took the phone, he got some heroin, and apparently it was laced with cocaine and fentanyl. I don't think that he knew that. He used it, he overdosed, and he died instantly. The ER doctor said The ER doctor probably didn't know it was laced with the cocaine and fentanyl.
A doctor can bury his mistakes but an architect can only advise his client to plant vines.
Translations for doctor
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- dokter, doktorAfrikaans
- طبيبة, دُكْتور, طَبيبArabic
- həkim, doktorAzerbaijani
- ле́карка, ура́ч, ўрач, до́ктар, ле́карBelarusian
- лекувам, доктор, лекарBulgarian
- metge, metgessaCatalan, Valencian
- doktor, falzifikovat, lékařCzech
- meddyg, meddygesWelsh
- doktorere, doktor, læge, forfalskeDanish
- Doktorin, Ärztin, Doktor, Mediziner, Arzt, doktorieren, MedizinerinGerman
- ɖɔkta, atikewɔlaEwe
- ιατρός, διδάκτορας, γιατρόςGreek
- doktoro, virdoktoro, virkuracisto, kuracistino, kuracisto, doktorinoEsperanto
- doctora, médico, doctor, médicaSpanish
- arst, doktorEstonian
- osagile, sendagileBasque
- پزشک, دکتر, طبیبPersian
- tohtori, lääkäri, tohtoroidaFinnish
- docteur, médecinFrench
- ollamh, lèigh, dotair, lighicheScottish Gaelic
- doutor, médicoGalician
- דוקטור, רופא, רופאהHebrew
- डाक्टर, डॉक्टर, चिकित्सकHindi
- doktor, orvosnő, orvos, doktornőHungarian
- բժիշկ, դոկտորArmenian
- doktor, dokterIndonesian
- læknir, doktorIcelandic
- adulterare, falsificare, dottore, dottoressa, Dottor, medico, curare, medicare, addottorareItalian
- 博士, 医者, -先生, 医師Japanese
- დოქტორი, ექიმიGeorgian
- dagitariKikuyu, Gikuyu
- nakorsaqKalaallisut, Greenlandic
- ពេទ្យ, គ្រូពេទ្យ, មើល, បណ្ឌិត, បរិញ្ញឯកKhmer
- 醫師, 의사Korean
- medica, medicusLatin
- ແພດ, ທ່ານໝໍ, ຫມໍLao
- daktaras, gydytojas, daktarėLithuanian
- doktore, ārsts, ārste, doktorsLatvian
- tākuta, rataMāori
- лекарка, доктор, докторка, лекарMacedonian
- tabib, tabiba, dottor, dottoressaMaltese
- valsificeren, dokter, dokteren, doctor, artsDutch
- azeeʼííłʼíníNavajo, Navaho
- medyk, doktor, lekarz, lekarkaPolish
- doutor, doutora, médicoPortuguese
- doctor, medic, doctorițăRomanian
- до́ктор, врач, ле́карь, ме́дикRussian
- datori, medicuSardinian
- здравник, љекар, liječnica, лечник, лекарка, лијечник, vračitelj, dȍktorica, лечница, vračiteljica, liječnik, lekarka, врачитељица, zdravnik, lečnica, zdravnica, ljekarka, здравница, dȍktor, lekar, lečnik, љекарка, ljekar, лијечница, врачитељ, лекарSerbo-Croatian
- දොස්තරSinhala, Sinhalese
- doktor, lekárSlovak
- zdravnik, doktorica, zdravnica, doktorSlovene
- ngakaSouthern Sotho
- fiffla med, läkare, manipulera, doktorSwedish
- dokta, daktariSwahili
- табиб, пизишк, докторTajik
- เวช, แพทย์, ปริญญาเอก, ดุษฎีบัณฑิต, หมอThai
- врач, wraç, hekimTurkmen
- doktor, hekim, tabipTurkish
- доктор, табибTatar
- تېۋىپ, دوختۇر, دوكتورUyghur, Uighur
- лі́кар, до́кторUkrainian
- shifokor, doktor, tabibUzbek
- tiến sĩ, bác sĩ y khoa, bác sĩVietnamese
- hisanan, medinel, sanan, dokan, hidokan, jisanan, jidokan, sanel, dokelVolapük
- medcén, méde, docteur, doctoresseWalloon
- דאָקטאָר, דאָקטערYiddish
- udokotela, umelaphi, inyanga, ugedlaZulu
Get even more translations for doctor »
Find a translation for the doctor synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"doctor." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 7 Dec. 2023. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/doctor>.