(used of count nouns) every one considered individually
"each person is mortal"; "each party is welcome"
each, to each one, for each one, from each one, apiece(adverb)
to or from every one of two or more (considered individually)
"they received $10 each"
English Synonyms and Antonyms
There is no discernible difference in sense between so much apiece and so much each; the former is the more common and popular, the latter the more elegant expression. Distributively is generally used of numbers and abstract relations. Individually emphasizes the independence of the individuals; separately and severally still more emphatically hold them apart. The signers of a note may become jointly and severally responsible, that is, each liable for the entire amount, as if he had signed it alone. Witnesses are often brought separately into court, in order that no one may be influenced by the testimony of another. If a company of laborers demand a dollar apiece, that is a demand that each shall receive that sum; if they individually demand a dollar, each individual makes the demand.
amount provided for each.
the car got 25 miles per gallon.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
List of paraphrases:
Translations for each
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- cadascun, cada, cada unCatalan, Valencian
- hver, alleDanish
- jeder, alleGerman
- κάθε ένας, έκαστος, καθένας, κάθεGreek
- po, ĉiuEsperanto
- هر, هر یکPersian
- kukin, jokainen, kaikkiFinnish
- chaque, chacunFrench
- gach, gach uileIrish
- gach, an urraScottish Gaelic
- minden, mindegyikHungarian
- յուրաքանչյուր, ամենArmenian
- ciascuno, ogni, ognunoItalian
- თითოეული, ყოველიGeorgian
- hertişt, ههریهک, heryek, herKurdish
- unusquisque, quisque, uterqueLatin
- kiekvienas, kiekvienaLithuanian
- katra, katrsLatvian
- elk, iederDutch
- enhver, alle, hver, alt, hver enkeltNorwegian
- każde, każdyPolish
- هر, هر يوPashto, Pushto
- pe, fiecareRomanian
- svaki, свакиSerbo-Croatian
- à, var, alla, per styck, varjeSwedish
Get even more translations for each »
Find a translation for the each synonym in other languages:
Select another language: