determined or actuated by emotion rather than reason
"it was an emotional judgment"
of more than usual emotion
"his behavior was highly emotional"
of or pertaining to emotion
"emotional health"; "an emotional crisis"
aroused, emotional, excited, worked upadjective
(of persons) excessively affected by emotion
"he would become emotional over nothing at all"; "she was worked up about all the noise"
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use emotional in a sentence?
Hearing a man talking about women being too emotional in this day and age, I just felt like I'd gone back 30 years, to be perfectly honest with you, it's something women have had to face for years and years right across society, not just sport.
The story has been handed down, my family talked about it a lot while I was growing up, but to finally read the details of what took place that night was very emotional. It gave us such a sense of pride.
I remember distinctly it was a Saturday, and it was around 3:50 in the afternoon, it's a very emotional moment.
Some people don’t like to be on the receiving end and don’t like to ask favors, our study really shows that there’s a whole host of emotional barriers, mainly guilt, that stop someone from asking for, and perhaps accepting, a kidney.
We must quench the thirst of power and consider the emotional level or mental health of those whom we are currently dealing with.
Translations for emotional
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- вълнуващ, чувствен, емоционаленBulgarian
- emocionalCatalan, Valencian
- citový, emočníCzech
- emocional, emotivoSpanish
- [[tunne-elämä, tunteisiin vetoava, [[tunne]]-, herkkätunteinen, tunteellinen, tunnepitoinen, [[tunne, tunnepohjainenFinnish
- hangulati, érzelmes, érzelmiHungarian
- emozionante, emotivo, commovente, impressionabileItalian
- emocionāls, emcionālsLatvian
- emocional, impressionável, emotivo, comovente, emocionadoPortuguese
- emoționabil, emoționalRomanian
- чувственный, эмоциональный, волнующий, чувствительныйRussian
- känslofull, emotionell, känslofylld, känslosam, känslostyrd, känsloladdadSwedish
- đa cảmVietnamese
Get even more translations for emotional »
Find a translation for the emotional synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)