an object or statement produced before a court of law and referred to while giving evidence
display, exhibit, showing(verb)
something shown to the public
"the museum had many exhibits of oriental art"
show an attribute, property, knowledge, or skill
"he exhibits a great talent"
expose, exhibit, display(verb)
to show, make visible or apparent
"The Metropolitan Museum is exhibiting Goya's works this month"; "Why don't you show your nice legs and wear shorter skirts?"; "National leaders will have to display the highest skills of statesmanship"
display, unwrap, let on, bring out, demo, scupper, divulge, march, give away, expose, endanger, peril, parade, let out, present, demonstrate, break, reveal, discover, uncover, debunk, disclose, show
show, demo, exhibit, present, demonstrate(verb)
give an exhibition of to an interested audience
"She shows her dogs frequently"; "We will demo the new software in Washington"
attest, express, portray, parade, demo, introduce, register, show, testify, establish, depict, manifest, evidence, acquaint, present, read, display, expose, lay out, point, indicate, record, picture, gift, certify, usher, salute, give, designate, represent, render, evince, prove, deliver, shew, confront, demonstrate, stage, show up, face, award, march, pose, submit, bear witness
parade, exhibit, march(verb)
"She parades her new husband around town"
To display or show (something) for others to see, especially at an exhibition or contest.
He wanted to exhibit his baseball cards.
The players exhibited great skill.
To submit (a physical object) to a court as evidence.
I now exhibit this bloody hammer.
To put on a public display.
Will you be exhibiting this year?
English Synonyms and Antonyms
admit, advertise, avow, betray, confess, disclose, discover, disinter, divulge, exhume, expose, lay bare, lay open, make known, reveal, manifest, promulgate, publish, raise, show, tell, uncover, unmask, unveil
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Translations for exhibit
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- معروض, معرArabic
- изложба, представям, веществено доказателство, експонат, излагам, проявявам, показване, показвамBulgarian
- ausstellen, Exponat, zur Schau stellen, vorlegen, Beweisstück, Ausstellungsstück, zeigen, an den Tag legenGerman
- παρουσιάζω, πειστήριο, έκθεμα, εκθέτω, έκθεση, επιδεικνύωGreek
- prueba instrumental, exponer, exhibir, prueba documental, exposiciónSpanish
- اثر نمایشیPersian
- esitellä, todistuskappale, asettaa näytteille, esittely, näyttelyesine, osoittaaFinnish
- exposition, exposerFrench
- dimostrare, mostrare, esposizioneItalian
- vertonen, tonen, expositie, vertoning, tentoonstellingsstuk, tentoonstellen, tentoonstellingDutch
- pokazać, wystawić, pokazywać, wystawiaćPolish
- экспонат, экспозиция, показ, выставка, вещественное доказательствоRussian
- ప్రదర్శించు, ప్రదర్శనంTelugu
- göstermek, ortaya koymak, sergilemek, ibraz etmek, sunmakTurkish
Get even more translations for exhibit »
Find a translation for the exhibit synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Український (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)