English Synonyms and Antonyms
A career was originally the ground for a race, or, especially, for a knight's charge in tournament or battle; whence career was early applied to the charge itself.
If you will use the lance, take ground for your career.... The four horsemen met in full career.
ScottQuentin Durward ch. 14, p. 194. [ D. F. & CO.]
In its figurative use career signifies some continuous and conspicuous work, usually a life-work, and most frequently one of honorable achievement. Compare BUSINESS.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
a formation of aircraft in flight
an instance of traveling by air
"flying was still an exciting adventure for him"
flight, flight of stairs, flight of stepsnoun
a stairway (set of steps) between one floor or landing and the next
the act of escaping physically
"he made his escape from the mental hospital"; "the canary escaped from its cage"; "his flight was an indication of his guilt"
an air force unit smaller than a squadron
passing above and beyond ordinary bounds
"a flight of fancy"; "flights of rhetoric"; "flights of imagination"
the path followed by an object moving through space
a flock of flying birds
a scheduled trip by plane between designated airports
"I took the noon flight to Chicago"
shoot a bird in flight
fly in a flock
"flighting wild geese"
decorate with feathers
"fledge an arrow"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use flight in a sentence?
Today's flight was what we planned for, and yet it was nothing short of amazing, with this flight, we are demonstrating critical capabilities that will enable the addition of an aerial dimension to future Mars missions.
This is step one in the return-to-flight plan.
We really don't what's happening to him (Pratasevich) right now and we know how cruel [Belarus security service] can be. the escalation of repressions in Belarus, and this situation that's happened with [the] flight is a result of impunity.
Just like airlines, where peak demand days and flight times are priced differently, individual hotel room prices are set on a daily basis.
An unsafe condition exists that requires the immediate adoption of this AD without providing an opportunity for public comments prior to adoption, the FAA has found that the risk to the flying public justifies waiving notice and comment prior to adoption of this rule because certain fan blades must be inspected, and, if needed, replaced before further flight.
Translations for flight
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- تحليق, فِرار, طيرانArabic
- ято, поле́т, бя́гство, стълбище, летенеBulgarian
- vol, fuga, fugidaCatalan, Valencian
- útěk, let, úprk, patro, rameno, hejnoCzech
- Flug, Flucht, TreppenlaufGerman
- φόβος, πτήση, φυγή, σμήνοςGreek
- huida, vuelo, tramo, fugaSpanish
- parvi, lentorata, portaikko, paperilennokki, portaat, lento, raput, kerros, vakain, lentäminen, sulka, pako, lentue, lennonFinnish
- fuite, volée, volFrench
- itealaich, staidhre, ealtScottish Gaelic
- voo, fuga, fuxidaGalician
- טיסה, טִיסָה, פְּרִיחָה, עִיפָה, עוֹפְפוּתHebrew
- menekülés, repülés, járatHungarian
- թռիչք, փախուստ, չվերթArmenian
- rampa, piano, fuga, volo, scalinata, stormoItalian
- 便, 飛行, 飛, フライトJapanese
- volatus, fuga, planities, agmen, turma, fugamLatin
- skrydis, skridimasLithuanian
- lidošana, lidojumsLatvian
- kaireretanga, rerengaMāori
- ле́тање, јато, лет, бегствоMacedonian
- vlucht, vliegenDutch
- lot, ucieczka, stadoPolish
- fuga, voo, fugida, lance, bando, andarPortuguese
- sgol, svoulRomansh
- zburare, zbor, fugăRomanian
- пролёт, полёт, перелёт, рейс, побе́г, стая, бе́гствоRussian
- volu, boluSardinian
- flyg, flight, flyktSwedish
- полі́т, рейсUkrainian
- פֿלי, קורסYiddish
Get even more translations for flight »
Find a translation for the flight synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)