a formation of aircraft in flight
an instance of traveling by air
"flying was still an exciting adventure for him"
flight, flight of stairs, flight of steps(noun)
a stairway (set of steps) between one floor or landing and the next
the act of escaping physically
"he made his escape from the mental hospital"; "the canary escaped from its cage"; "his flight was an indication of his guilt"
an air force unit smaller than a squadron
passing above and beyond ordinary bounds
"a flight of fancy"; "flights of rhetoric"; "flights of imagination"
the path followed by an object moving through space
a flock of flying birds
a scheduled trip by plane between designated airports
"I took the noon flight to Chicago"
shoot a bird in flight
fly in a flock
"flighting wild geese"
decorate with feathers
"fledge an arrow"
English Synonyms and Antonyms
A career was originally the ground for a race, or, especially, for a knight's charge in tournament or battle; whence career was early applied to the charge itself.
If you will use the lance, take ground for your career.... The four horsemen met in full career.
ScottQuentin Durward ch. 14, p. 194. [ D. F. & CO.]
In its figurative use career signifies some continuous and conspicuous work, usually a life-work, and most frequently one of honorable achievement. Compare BUSINESS.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use flight in a sentence?
That will be quite exciting, in terms of the first flight to Mars, we are hoping to do that around 2025.
Personnel are in place to receive the passengers from Wuhan and we expect that the flight will be collecting within the next 24 hours.
The test is designated as Flight Test THAAD (FTT)-18.
Still, for a man so incredibly hairy and square, watching my dad on a bike was like watching a penguin spread his wings and take flight.
You experience far more and enjoy it better on public transport than in a taxi so I try not to use Uber unless I really have to because of odd flight times or tight deadlines.
Translations for flight
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- تحليق, فِرار, طيرانArabic
- ято, поле́т, бя́гство, стълбище, летенеBulgarian
- vol, fuga, fugidaCatalan, Valencian
- útěk, let, úprk, patro, rameno, hejnoCzech
- Flug, Flucht, TreppenlaufGerman
- φόβος, πτήση, φυγή, σμήνοςGreek
- huida, vuelo, tramo, fugaSpanish
- parvi, lentorata, portaikko, paperilennokki, portaat, lento, raput, kerros, vakain, lentäminen, sulka, pako, lentue, lennonFinnish
- fuite, volée, volFrench
- itealaich, staidhre, ealtScottish Gaelic
- voo, fuga, fuxidaGalician
- טיסה, טִיסָה, פְּרִיחָה, עִיפָה, עוֹפְפוּתHebrew
- menekülés, repülés, járatHungarian
- թռիչք, փախուստ, չվերթArmenian
- rampa, piano, fuga, volo, scalinata, stormoItalian
- 便, 飛行, 飛, フライトJapanese
- volatus, fuga, planities, agmen, turma, fugamLatin
- skrydis, skridimasLithuanian
- lidošana, lidojumsLatvian
- kaireretanga, rerengaMāori
- ле́тање, јато, лет, бегствоMacedonian
- vlucht, vliegenDutch
- lot, ucieczka, stadoPolish
- fuga, voo, fugida, lance, bando, andarPortuguese
- sgol, svoulRomansh
- zburare, zbor, fugăRomanian
- пролёт, полёт, перелёт, рейс, побе́г, стая, бе́гствоRussian
- volu, boluSardinian
- flyg, flight, flyktSwedish
- полі́т, рейсUkrainian
- פֿלי, קורסYiddish
Get even more translations for flight »
Find a translation for the flight synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)