A covert (and deniable) agent.
Then gives her grieved ghost thus to lament. \uE000102364 Spenser
to copy a file or hard drive image.
A false image formed in a telescope, camera, or other optical device by reflection from the surfaces of one or more lenses.
An unwanted image similar to and overlapping or adjacent to the main one on a television screen, caused by the transmitted image being received both directly and via reflection.
A nature spirit, ancestor or house spirit (see brownie ) revered in Heathenry.
Before all else, we speak to the land to the ghosts and spirits of this place known to many as pixies, fairies, brownies, or elfs. (Math Jones)
An unresponsive user on IRC, resulting from the user's client disconnecting without notifying the server.
an image of a file or hard disk.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
ghost, shade, spook, wraith, specter, spectrenoun
a mental representation of some haunting experience
"he looked like he had seen a ghost"; "it aroused specters from his past"
phantasma, phantom, wraith, shade, shadowiness, shadiness, touch, weirdo, weirdy, nuance, weirdie, specter, tincture, ghostwriter, tint, nicety, apparition, trace, phantasm, tad, spectre, spook, subtlety, tone, creep, fantasm, refinement
a writer who gives the credit of authorship to someone else
the visible disembodied soul of a dead person
touch, trace, ghostverb
a suggestion of some quality
"there was a touch of sarcasm in his tone"; "he detected a ghost of a smile on her face"
ghostwriter, jot, wraith, cutaneous senses, shade, touch sensation, tactual sensation, touch modality, touching, specter, shadow, signature, sense of touch, skin senses, tincture, soupcon, touch, speck, hint, trace, feeling, pinch, vestige, spectre, spook, mite, tinge, tracing, spot, tactile sensation, contact, suggestion
move like a ghost
"The masked men ghosted across the moonlit yard"
haunt, obsess, ghostverb
haunt like a ghost; pursue
"Fear of illness haunts her"
write for someone else
"How many books have you ghostwritten so far?"
old english spelling.
an invisible, dead person or spirit
alaina claimed she had seen a ghost in her bedroom, but the police officer thought she was hallucinating.Submitted by rinat on June 13, 2016
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Haematology Erythrocyte ghost, ghost cell
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use ghost in a sentence?
The military has to be cleaned of all these numbers, figures of ghost soldiers and other mismanagement.
I stalk my prison like my own ghost...
Everybody in this town is afraid that it is going to become a ghost town.
A politician who has no compassion is nothing but an evil apparition; he is just a ghost, not a real man!
Jesus did not come back from the grave as a ghost. Nor was it a simple resuscitation of a corpse. Jesus reversed death.
Translations for ghost
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- روح, خيال, طيف, شبح, شَبَح, زولArabic
- genfærd, draug, sjæl, spøgelse, genganger, gespenst, åndDanish
- Erscheinung, Schatten, Geist, Phantom, Spuk, GespenstGerman
- φάντασμα, σκιάGreek
- espíritu, aparecido, sombra, alma, fantasma, espectro, apariciónSpanish
- haamu, aave, haamukuva, henki, sielu, kangastus, kummitusFinnish
- andi, spøkilsi, dreygurFaroese
- fantôme, revenant, spectre, esprit, apparition, fantasmeFrench
- spoekWestern Frisian
- scaanjoon, scaa, scaanManx
- רוח רפאיםHebrew
- ուրվական, հոգիArmenian
- hantu, polong, roh, dedemitan, momokIndonesian
- lemure, fantasma, spettro, apparizione, ombra, simulacro, fantasima, spirito, larva, animaItalian
- 化け物, お化け, 怨霊, 魂魄, 妖魔, 変化, 物の怪, 死霊, 妖怪, 幽鬼, 精霊, 魂, 霊, ゴースト, 幽霊, 亡霊Japanese
- gespens, geest, spook, verschijning, schim, spooksel, fantoomDutch
- chʼį́įdiiNavajo, Navaho
- aventesma, avejão, simulacro, fantasma, sombra, alma, espírito, abantesma, abentesma, lêmure, larva, aparição, assombração, espectro, avantesmaPortuguese
- spiert, spértRomansh
- фанто́м, привиде́ние, при́зрак, призракRussian
- fantazmë, lugat, gogolAlbanian
- прима́ра, ма́рево, ма́ра, приви́д, фанто́м, привидUkrainian
Get even more translations for ghost »
Find a translation for the ghost synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)