Synonyms for handle
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and similar words for the term handle.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
handle, grip, handgrip, holdverb
the appendage to an object that is designed to be held in order to use or move it
"he grabbed the hammer by the handle"; "it was an old briefcase but it still had a good grip"
clutch, grip, storage area, traction, bag, clench, bobby pin, travelling bag, delay, keep, detainment, hold, appreciation, handgrip, adhesive friction, wait, cargo area, detention, postponement, custody, hairgrip, clasp, cargo deck, traveling bag, clutches, grasp, time lag, suitcase, cargo hold
manage, deal, care, handleverb
be in charge of, act on, or dispose of
"I can deal with this crew of workers"; "This blender can't handle nuts"; "She managed her parents' affairs after they got too old"
wish, divvy up, shell out, give care, plow, carry on, bring off, lot, apportion, dish out, deal out, allot, care, portion out, wield, consider, take, treat, share, dispense, dole out, finagle, grapple, administer, pull off, deal, supervise, parcel out, trade, manage, contend, do, address, oversee, make out, worry, mete out, negociate, like, distribute, do by, conduct, cover, palm, sell, cope, wangle, make do, get by, superintend, look at, carry off
treat, handle, do byverb
interact in a certain way
"Do right by her"; "Treat him with caution, please"; "Handle the press reporters gently"
cover, treat, handle, plow, deal, addressverb
act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression
"This book deals with incest"; "The course covered all of Western Civilization"; "The new book treats the history of China"
speak, overcompensate, extend, cut through, deal, continue, comprehend, embrace, divvy up, spread over, grapple, cut across, apportion, encompass, consider, get over, process, lot, portion out, dole out, make do, plow, shroud, accost, insure, brood, wield, make out, share, do by, plough, hide, take, administer, sell, parcel out, compensate, cross, come up to, turn, report, traverse, underwrite, breed, dispense, overlay, dish out, pass over, contend, enshroud, direct, allot, care for, track, get by, address, wrap up, distribute, cover up, carry on, cope, turn to, incubate, mete out, regale, get across, look at, treat, shell out, care, hatch, manage, deal out, palm, cover, conduct, call, trade
touch, lift, or hold with the hands
"Don't handle the merchandise"
wield, handle, manageverb
"The burglar wielded an axe"; "The young violinist didn't manage her bow very well"
superintend, make out, wangle, make do, cope, contend, do by, supervise, finagle, palm, plow, manage, pull off, oversee, wield, grapple, cover, negociate, maintain, address, treat, carry off, bring off, exert, get by, do, care, deal
show and train
"The prize-winning poodle was handled by Mrs. Priscilla Prescott"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Words popularity by usage frequency
It's not a problem we can handle alone.
A perfect day is: Nobody calls with a problem they can handle themselves.
Panera 2.0 requires us to retrain our organization to handle higher volumes in shorter bursts of demand, panera 2.0 is not a light switch. To do this right takes time and real effort.
I didn't see Li Xiangnan, i was not allowed to and I didn't want to. Seeing him would have been too much to handle.
Do not ask God to make your life easier. Instead, ask him to make you a stronger person in every aspect so that you can handle anything life throws at you.
Translations for handle
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- مقبض, مقبArabic
- тотҡа, һапBashkir
- maneta, tirador, nansa, mànecCatalan, Valencian
- rukojeť, držadloCzech
- λαβή, χειρολαβή, χερούλι, παρανόμι, ψευδώνυμοGreek
- manilla, asa, instrumento, mango, manija, tiradorSpanish
- دسته, رسیدگیPersian
- tunnustella, [[käydä]] [[kauppa]]a, kohdella, käsitellä, otin, väline, vaihto, kädensija, kahva, [[käyttää]] [[käsi, hoitaa, kosketella, lempinimiFinnish
- manœuvrer, paris, manette, brancard, anse, châsse, mancheron, barre de manœuvre, pencher, indicateur, poignée, manipuler, traiter, manier, levier, manchon, gérer, tâter, outil, tirette, manche, instrument, indicatif, pseudonymeFrench
- cas, cluas, làmhScottish Gaelic
- fül, markolat, nyél, fogóHungarian
- mancheto, manchoIdo
- manico, impugnaturaItalian
- kāts, spalsLatvian
- kakau, kawau, puritanga, taukaweMāori
- држач, ракува, напипува, раководи, врачува, нафаќа, рачка, дршкаMacedonian
- aanraken, aanpakken, behandelen, omgaan met, handvat, omgaan, hanteren, handgreep, in de hand houden, gebruiken, onder handen nemen, zich bezighouden met, heft, betasten, houden, bedienen, hengselDutch
- handtereNorwegian Nynorsk
- håndtak, klare, hendelNorwegian
- uchwyt, rączka, gałka, klamkaPolish
- cabo, maçanetaPortuguese
- ручка, рукояткаRussian
- držalo, držač, rukovati, drška, ručkaSerbo-Croatian
- handtag, behandla, handskas medSwedish
Get even more translations for handle »
Find a translation for the handle synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"handle." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2022. Web. 2 Oct. 2022. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/handle>.