bent, knack, hang(noun)
a special way of doing something
"he had a bent for it"; "he had a special knack for getting into trouble"; "he couldn't get the hang of it"
the way a garment hangs
"he adjusted the hang of his coat"
a gymnastic exercise performed on the rings or horizontal bar or parallel bars when the gymnast's weight is supported by the arms
be suspended or hanging
"The flag hung on the wall"
hang, hang up(verb)
cause to be hanging or suspended
"Hang that picture on the wall"
hang, string up(verb)
kill by hanging
"The murderer was hanged on Friday"
let drop or droop
"Hang one's head in shame"
hang, fall, flow(verb)
fall or flow in a certain way
"This dress hangs well"; "Her long black hair flowed down her back"
accrue, menstruate, shine, go down, feed, diminish, come down, strike, devolve, flow, precipitate, settle, string up, advert, light, lessen, run, cling, attend, pass, descend, come, fall, return, hang up, give ear, flux, pay heed, decrease, course, fall down
be menacing, burdensome, or oppressive
"This worry hangs on my mind"; "The cloud of suspicion hangs over her"
attend, hang, advert, pay heed, give ear(verb)
give heed (to)
"The children in the audience attended the recital quietly"; "She hung on his every word"; "They attended to everything he said"
be suspended or poised
"Heavy fog hung over the valley"
hold on tightly or tenaciously
"hang on to your father's hands"; "The child clung to his mother's apron"
"Picasso hangs in this new wing of the museum"
prevent from reaching a verdict, of a jury
decorate or furnish with something suspended
be placed in position as by a hinge
"This cabinet door doesn't hang right!"
place in position as by a hinge so as to allow free movement in one direction
"hang a door"
suspend (meat) in order to get a gamey taste
"hang the venison for a few days"
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Dictionary of English Synonymes
attach (so as to swing)
be held in fixed attention
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use hang in a sentence?
What the welfare state has done to the black community, a hundred years of racism could not do, a hundred years of racism could not break it up, it could not destroy black families. Jim Crow could not do it. But what dependency has done, is has caused unwanted pregnancy, illegitimacy. It has told young black males that they are dispensable, they don't need to hang around when mom needs support or whatever and it has destroyed -- and not just black communities, but any urban community, and so what you've got here is now they're addicted. Large swaths of Hispanic communities, black communities are addicted to these, these subsidies.
We were not even looking at the scoreboard. The idea was to spend some time there, we knew that their bowlers were tiring out a bit, so if we could hang in for one more hour we could be on top.
We want to make sure that something like this never happens again, at this time, we don't believe that there are any plans for any of the performers to return, nor are there plans to have a similar hair hang act in any of our shows.
Some you might want to hang out with, some maybe not.
I...hang my head in shame after witnessing video clips of goons merrily entering JNU campus, creating mayhem and grievously injuring innocent students, damaging public property and then exiting the campus.
Translations for hang
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- вісе́ць, вешаць, паве́сіць, павісе́цьBelarusian
- бе́ся, обе́ся, вися́Bulgarian
- penjar-se, encallar-se, penjar, bloquejar, encallar, bloquejar-seCatalan, Valencian
- viset, pověsit, svěsit, oběsitCzech
- ausstellen, aufhängen, hängte, hängen, herumgammeln, schmücken, herumhängen, herumlungern, henken, dekorieren, herumdrückenGerman
- surhokigi, surglui, pendigi, ĉei, klini, frostigi, pendumiĝi, pendi, pendaĵizi, ŝvebi, pendumi, ornami, kroĉi, elmontri, umiEsperanto
- ahorcar, colgarSpanish
- دار زدن, به دار آویختن, آویزان شدنPersian
- [[roikkua]] [[hirressä]], [[joutua]] [[uhatuksi]], hengailla, ripustaa, kaatua, roikuttaa, ripustella, roikkua, tapetoida, levyttää, [[olla]] [[uhattuna]], riippua, hirttää, kaataaFinnish
- peser, pendre, exposer, accrocher, traîner, suspendre, baisser, errer, laisser pendre, rôder, planer, orner, [[être]] [[suspendu]]French
- crochScottish Gaelic
- felakaszt, akaszt, lógHungarian
- bloccarsi, essere impiccato, appendere, pendere, impiccareItalian
- 掛ける, 掛かるJapanese
- pendō, sedeoLatin
- whakawhata, whakairiMāori
- бе́си, ви́си, о́бесиMacedonian
- volhangen, ophangen, behangen, hangen, uithangen, vastlopen, zweven, laten, rondhangen, [[laten]] [[hangen]]Dutch
- wieszać, powiesić, wisiećPolish
- pendurar, inclinar, parar, pender, enforcar, andar, [[estar]] [[pendurado]], suspender, pairarPortuguese
- araway, harawayQuechua
- spânzura, atârna, agățaRomanian
- ве́шать, подве́сить, вывесить, повесить, повисе́ть, вешать, выставить, пове́сить, ошиваться, обвешивать, висеть, слоняться, выставлять, подвесить, висе́ть, обвешать, вывешиватьRussian
- обесити, objesiti, obesiti, visiti, објесити, виситиSerbo-Croatian
- obesiť, vešať, visieťSlovak
- obesiti, viseti, obešatiSlovene
- ఉరితీయబడు, వేలాడదీయు, వేలాడు, ఉరితీయుTelugu
- ві́шати, пові́сити, висі́тиUkrainian
Get even more translations for hang »
Find a translation for the hang synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)