Synonyms for jerk
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and similar words for the term jerk.
a dull stupid fatuous person
jerk, jerking, jolt, saccadenoun
an abrupt spasmodic movement
(mechanics) the rate of change of acceleration
jerky, jerked meat, jerknoun
meat (especially beef) cut in strips and dried in the sun
raising a weight from shoulder height to above the head by straightening the arms
a sudden abrupt pull
pull, or move with a sudden movement
"He turned the handle and jerked the door open"
move with abrupt, seemingly uncontrolled motions
"The patient's legs were jerkings"
make an uncontrolled, short, jerky motion
"his face is twitching"
buck, jerk, hitchverb
jump vertically, with legs stiff and back arched
"the yung filly bucked"
throw or toss with a quick motion
"flick a piece of paper across the table"; "jerk his head"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Words popularity by usage frequency
Investors have made a knee jerk reaction away from Pimco, but in doing so they need to make sure that what they are buying is a better alternative.
Bans often inspire a knee-jerk reaction from the people they affect the most, i don't know if the proposed ban on flavored vaping fluid evokes this sort of response. I suspect it does for at least a small number of people. Vaping is not protected in the Bill of Rights, certainly not in the same way that guns are.
Those of us around Paul Ryan really helped to stop him from making bad decisions. All the time, we helped Paul Ryan make much better decisions, which were contrary to kind of what Paul Ryan knee-jerk reaction was. Now I think Paul Ryan's making some of these knee-jerk reactions.
People who go broke in a big way never miss any meals. It is the poor jerk who is shy a half slug who must tighten his belt.
In my 16 year career as an officer Founder of BLUE LIVES MATTER-NYC, I have never seen nor imagined we would be living in a time where criminals are justified for their actions and officers are continuously bashed and blamed. Defunding the police, knee jerk reactions to passing bills such as Bail Reform, The Diaphragm Bill, and the ending of Qualified immunity are sending a direct message to criminals that they can basically do whatever they want and they will get away with it.
Translations for jerk
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- رعشة, يرتعش, هزة, يهز, أحمقArabic
- ryv, blbec, debil, blbCzech
- Ruck, rucken, Zuckung, Arschloch, zucken, dörren, ArschGerman
- tonto, tic, huevón, tumbo, sacudida, gilipollas, estremecimiento, miserable, tirón, repullo, espasmo, gilí, imbécilSpanish
- heilahtaa, muutos, idiootti, paskiainen, nykäisy, heilauttaa, ääliö, heilahduttaa, nykäys, nytkähdys, nytkäyttää, nytkähtää, kiihtyvyydenFinnish
- saccade, spasme, mauvais con, clonie, tic, con, secousse, conard, sursaut, crétin, connard, soubresaut, cahot, tressaillement, jerk, convulsion, myoclonieFrench
- succussa, vexator, spasmoInterlingua
- sontoloyo, bangsat, bajingan, brengsekIndonesian
- sgradevole, sobbalzo, babbeo, idiota, odioso, strattone, spasmo, strappo, offensivo, tic, scatto, scemo, stronzoItalian
- 加加速度, 躍度Japanese
- whakanou, pahiwi, whakanounouMāori
- дебил, судорога, дёрнуть, гнида, дёрнуться, негодяй, подёргивание, вздрогнуть, подлец, рывок, дёргаться, козёл, вздрагивание, вздрагивать, вялить, толчок, тик, рвануть, мудак, дёргать, гад, спазмRussian
- silki, pislik, ani hareket, aşağılık kimse, titremeTurkish
Get even more translations for jerk »
Find a translation for the jerk synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"jerk." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2022. Web. 30 Nov. 2022. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/jerk>.