Synonyms for jerk
This thesaurus page includes all potential synonyms, words with the same meaning and similar terms for the word jerk.
Princeton's WordNet1.3 / 3 votes
a dull stupid fatuous person
jerk, jerking, jolt, saccadenoun
an abrupt spasmodic movement
(mechanics) the rate of change of acceleration
jerky, jerked meat, jerknoun
meat (especially beef) cut in strips and dried in the sun
raising a weight from shoulder height to above the head by straightening the arms
a sudden abrupt pull
pull, or move with a sudden movement
"He turned the handle and jerked the door open"
move with abrupt, seemingly uncontrolled motions
"The patient's legs were jerkings"
make an uncontrolled, short, jerky motion
"his face is twitching"
buck, jerk, hitchverb
jump vertically, with legs stiff and back arched
"the yung filly bucked"
throw or toss with a quick motion
"flick a piece of paper across the table"; "jerk his head"
Dictionary of English Synonymes0.0 / 0 votes
What does JERK stand for? -- Explore the various meanings for the JERK acronym on the Abbreviations.com website.
Words popularity by usage frequency
Some people are just basically jerks, whether he was born a jerk or was made a jerk, he was a jerk. He was a mean guy. Money was inconsequential to him. When you have years and years of enabling by scores of people because of your incredible wealth, it can veer into tragic circumstances.
Those of us around Paul Ryan really helped to stop him from making bad decisions. All the time, we helped Paul Ryan make much better decisions, which were contrary to kind of what Paul Ryan knee-jerk reaction was. Now I think Paul Ryan's making some of these knee-jerk reactions.
People who go broke in a big way never miss any meals. It is the poor jerk who is shy a half slug who must tighten his belt.
Bush Sr. was a jerk, Quayle an idiot, Clinton was atrocious and disgusting, most of those who persecuted him were hypocritical, Gore is shallow and weak, Bradley is an idealist, Bush Jr. a fool, and all of the independent candidates act like they're on drugs.
Sometimes love will pick you up by the short hairs...and jerk the heck out of you.
Translations for jerk
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- رعشة, يرتعش, هزة, يهز, أحمقArabic
- ryv, blbec, debil, blbCzech
- Ruck, rucken, Zuckung, Arschloch, zucken, dörren, ArschGerman
- tonto, tic, huevón, tumbo, sacudida, gilipollas, estremecimiento, miserable, tirón, repullo, espasmo, gilí, imbécilSpanish
- heilahtaa, muutos, idiootti, paskiainen, nykäisy, heilauttaa, ääliö, heilahduttaa, nykäys, nytkähdys, nytkäyttää, nytkähtää, kiihtyvyydenFinnish
- saccade, spasme, mauvais con, clonie, tic, con, secousse, conard, sursaut, crétin, connard, soubresaut, cahot, tressaillement, jerk, convulsion, myoclonieFrench
- succussa, vexator, spasmoInterlingua
- sontoloyo, bangsat, bajingan, brengsekIndonesian
- sgradevole, sobbalzo, babbeo, idiota, odioso, strattone, spasmo, strappo, offensivo, tic, scatto, scemo, stronzoItalian
- 加加速度, 躍度Japanese
- whakanou, pahiwi, whakanounouMāori
- дебил, судорога, дёрнуть, гнида, дёрнуться, негодяй, подёргивание, вздрогнуть, подлец, рывок, дёргаться, козёл, вздрагивание, вздрагивать, вялить, толчок, тик, рвануть, мудак, дёргать, гад, спазмRussian
- silki, pislik, ani hareket, aşağılık kimse, titremeTurkish
Get even more translations for jerk »
Find a translation for the jerk synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"jerk." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 6 Dec. 2023. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/jerk>.