a brief description given for purposes of identification
"the label Modern is applied to many different kinds of architecture"
label, recording label(noun)
trade name of a company that produces musical recordings
"the artists and repertoire department of a recording label is responsible for finding new talent"
a radioactive isotope that is used in a compound in order to trace the mechanism of a chemical reaction
an identifying or descriptive marker that is attached to an object
assign a label to; designate with a label
"These students were labelled `learning disabled'"
tag, label, mark(verb)
attach a tag or label to
"label these bottles"
distinguish, dog, tail, pit, go after, mark, commemorate, pock, pronounce, give chase, tick, chase, differentiate, strike out, notice, punctuate, score, brand, grade, trail, check off, cross off, stigmatize, note, strike off, mark off, judge, stigmatise, nock, denounce, tag, scar, chase after, set, tick off, track, cross out, check
pronounce, label, judge(verb)
pronounce judgment on
"They labeled him unfit to work here"
distinguish (as a compound or molecule) by introducing a labeled atom
distinguish (an element or atom) by using a radioactive isotope or an isotope of unusual mass for tracing through chemical reactions
To put a label (a ticket or sign) on (something).
The shop assistant labeled all the products in the shop.
To give a label to (someone or something) in order to categorise that person or thing.
He's been unfairly labeled as a cheat, although he's only ever cheated once.
Package insert, patient package leaflet
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use label in a sentence?
That was Carrie’s favorite flower, she had one tattooed on her right shoulder. Then at dinner the matre d’ gave us a bottle of champagne, and the label said ‘ Louise. ’ That was Carrie’s middle name. Then it rained on opening night. Carrie and I were nuts for the rain.
Democrats are a big tent party, you know, I'm not trying to impose an ideology on all several hundred members of Congress. But I do think that, once again, it's not about selling an - ism, or an ideology, or a label or a color. This is about selling our values.
The truth of the matter is that every major label passed on George Strait, that van had two seats and an Army cot in the back. We took turns driving and riding and sleeping in the cot.
We now know that we have the governor himself, we already show the head at the museum, but now we’ll have to change the label!
Do not be so quick to judge or label, for one day the objects of ridicule may become what they are ever so used to being seen as. And when this happens it is too late, another soul has fallen to the cruel persecution of todays society and become what they are seen as instead of who they really are. A person, just like everyone else.
Translations for label
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- etiquetar, etiquetaCatalan, Valencian
- označit, štítek, nálepkaCzech
- Beschriftung, etikettieren, EtikettGerman
- [[δισκογραφικός, [[κολλάω]] [[ετικέτα]], [[κατατάσσω]] [[σε]], βαφτίζω, ετικέτα, ταμπέλα, [[φοράω]] [[την]] [[ταμπέλα]]Greek
- etiquetar, etiqueta, rótulo, rotularSpanish
- برچسب زدن, برچسبPersian
- etiketti, laputtaa, leimata, leima, levy-yhtiöFinnish
- étiquette, étiqueterFrench
- etichetta, etichettareItalian
- aanbrengen, bestempelen, categoriseren, etiket, label, prijzen, platenmaatschappij, etiketterenDutch
- etykieta, nalepka, etykietka, etykietować, label, metka, wytwórnia, wytwórnia płytowaPolish
- classificar, rótulo, etiquetar, rotular, etiquetaPortuguese
- eticheta, categorisiRomanian
- ярлык, клеймо, наклейка, бирка, наклеивать ярлыки, этикетка, лейбл, вешать ярлыки, клеймитьRussian
- налепница, nalepnicaSerbo-Croatian
- beteckna, beteckning, märka, etikettera, etikett, skivbolagSwedish
Get even more translations for label »
Find a translation for the label synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)