a brief description given for purposes of identification
"the label Modern is applied to many different kinds of architecture"
label, recording label(noun)
trade name of a company that produces musical recordings
"the artists and repertoire department of a recording label is responsible for finding new talent"
a radioactive isotope that is used in a compound in order to trace the mechanism of a chemical reaction
an identifying or descriptive marker that is attached to an object
assign a label to; designate with a label
"These students were labelled `learning disabled'"
tag, label, mark(verb)
attach a tag or label to
"label these bottles"
distinguish, dog, tail, pit, go after, mark, commemorate, pock, pronounce, give chase, tick, chase, differentiate, strike out, notice, punctuate, score, brand, grade, trail, check off, cross off, stigmatize, note, strike off, mark off, judge, stigmatise, nock, denounce, tag, scar, chase after, set, tick off, track, cross out, check
pronounce, label, judge(verb)
pronounce judgment on
"They labeled him unfit to work here"
distinguish (as a compound or molecule) by introducing a labeled atom
distinguish (an element or atom) by using a radioactive isotope or an isotope of unusual mass for tracing through chemical reactions
To put a label (a ticket or sign) on (something).
The shop assistant labeled all the products in the shop.
To give a label to (someone or something) in order to categorise that person or thing.
He's been unfairly labeled as a cheat, although he's only ever cheated once.
Package insert, patient package leaflet
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use label in a sentence?
Vermont state law requires us to start labeling certain grocery store food packages that contain GMO ingredients or face significant fines, we can't label our products for only one state without significantly driving up costs for our consumers and we simply will not do that.
I think I was asked this a couple months ago, and I said, you know, that term carries with it legal import. It is a very important concept and label for behavior that deserves that name, i said we are only at the beginning at seeing this and I am not sure yet we have enough evidence. I am sure now we have enough evidence.
The label’s strikingly bold feminine style very much suits Eugenie and what we are used to seeing her wear, she most often looks fabulous in a full skirt with cinched waist, so I expect a definite contrast to Meghan’s slim, tailored look.
The nice thing is that China takes wine in (own-label) bottles and not in bulk, so we get jobs down the value chain.
The south is the most conservative and religious region of the country and that tends to be true for the subgroups as well. The label socialist is not going to be one that's very attractive across the board.
Translations for label
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- etiquetar, etiquetaCatalan, Valencian
- označit, štítek, nálepkaCzech
- Beschriftung, etikettieren, EtikettGerman
- [[δισκογραφικός, [[κολλάω]] [[ετικέτα]], [[κατατάσσω]] [[σε]], βαφτίζω, ετικέτα, ταμπέλα, [[φοράω]] [[την]] [[ταμπέλα]]Greek
- etiquetar, etiqueta, rótulo, rotularSpanish
- برچسب زدن, برچسبPersian
- etiketti, laputtaa, leimata, leima, levy-yhtiöFinnish
- étiquette, étiqueterFrench
- etichetta, etichettareItalian
- aanbrengen, bestempelen, categoriseren, etiket, label, prijzen, platenmaatschappij, etiketterenDutch
- etykieta, nalepka, etykietka, etykietować, label, metka, wytwórnia, wytwórnia płytowaPolish
- classificar, rótulo, etiquetar, rotular, etiquetaPortuguese
- eticheta, categorisiRomanian
- ярлык, клеймо, наклейка, бирка, наклеивать ярлыки, этикетка, лейбл, вешать ярлыки, клеймитьRussian
- налепница, nalepnicaSerbo-Croatian
- beteckna, beteckning, märka, etikettera, etikett, skivbolagSwedish
Get even more translations for label »
Find a translation for the label synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)