Synonyms for lame
This thesaurus page includes all potential synonyms, words with the same meaning and similar terms for the word lame.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms0.0 / 0 votes
Princeton's WordNet0.0 / 0 votes
someone who doesn't understand what is going on
a fabric interwoven with threads of metal
"she wore a gold lame dress"
pathetically lacking in force or effectiveness
"a feeble excuse"; "a lame argument"
crippled, halt, halting, lame, gimpy, gameverb
disabled in the feet or legs
"a crippled soldier"; "a game leg"
deprive of the use of a limb, especially a leg
"The accident has crippled her for life"
Dictionary of English Synonymes0.0 / 0 votes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words0.0 / 0 votes
What does LAMÉ stand for? -- Explore the various meanings for the LAMÉ acronym on the Abbreviations.com website.
Words popularity by usage frequency
A lot of people on something this important do not want to have it passed or rejected by a lame duck Congress.
Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind.
For me, the lame part of the Sixties was the political part, the social part. The real part was the spiritual part.
Somehow he Tim gets thoughtful sitting by himself so much, and thinks the strangest things you ever heard. He told me, coming home, that he hoped the people saw him in the church, because he was a cripple, and it might be pleasant for them to remember upon Christmas Day, who made lame beggars walk, and blind men see.
I'll tell him what is a lame duck, and that is trying to get into Downing Street on the back of Alex Salmond’s coat tails, never mind talk of ducks, I am looking at Alex Salmond’s poodle.
Translations for lame
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- coixCatalan, Valencian
- chabý, chromýCzech
- lamt, lamDanish
- κουτσός, αστείος, αστήρικτος, χωλόςGreek
- cojo, rengo, chafaSpanish
- rampa, typerä, tyhmä, ontuva, heikko, huonoFinnish
- boiteuse, naze, bancal, boiteux, nul, pitoyable, pocheFrench
- mankWestern Frisian
- átlátszó, béna, sánta, sántikáló, nyomorékHungarian
- azzoppare, zoppoItalian
- 寒い, ラメ, 足の不自由, ださださ, 足の悪いJapanese
- schlammLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- luošas, šlubasLithuanian
- hauā, totitoti, waehauā, tahakopaMāori
- verlamd, mankend, lam, mank, kreupel, flauw, wankelDutch
- kulawy, kiepski, kulejący, kuleć, słabyPolish
- fraco, coxo, capenga, manco, pernetaPortuguese
- handicapat, sters, olog, jalnic, plictisitor, șchiop, slab, anost, lipsit de gust, schiopatandRomanian
- хромающий, хромой, увечить, хромать, неубедительный, увечный, искалеченный, слабый, калечитьRussian
- hrom, хромSerbo-Croatian
Get even more translations for lame »
Find a translation for the lame synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"lame." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 8 Dec. 2023. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/lame>.