thaw, melt, thawing, melting(verb)
the process whereby heat changes something from a solid to a liquid
"the power failure caused a refrigerator melt that was a disaster"; "the thawing of a frozen turkey takes several hours"
melt, run, melt down(verb)
reduce or cause to be reduced from a solid to a liquid state, usually by heating
"melt butter"; "melt down gold"; "The wax melted in the sun"
course, unfreeze, operate, hunt, fly the coop, work, scat, run away, move, disappear, range, run, evaporate, function, lead, lam, dethaw, flow, melt down, mellow out, track down, break away, head for the hills, extend, hunt down, endure, bunk, take to the woods, consort, execute, feed, die hard, bleed, carry, scarper, dissolve, go, unravel, meld, lean, play, fade, race, pass, mellow, thaw, run for, black market, be given, persist, incline, ladder, draw, hightail it, unthaw, prevail, campaign, tend, escape, guide, ply, turn tail
dissolve, thaw, unfreeze, unthaw, dethaw, melt(verb)
become or cause to become soft or liquid
"The sun melted the ice"; "the ice thawed"; "the ice cream melted"; "The heat melted the wax"; "The giant iceberg dissolved over the years during the global warming phase"; "dethaw the meat"
unthaw, melt down, unblock, unfreeze, mellow out, fade away, thaw, free, release, dethaw, dismiss, resolve, disappear, run, break up, evaporate, fade out, meld, mellow, dissolve, fade, disband
mellow, melt, mellow out(verb)
become more relaxed, easygoing, or genial
"With age, he mellowed"
lose its distinct outline or shape; blend gradually
"Hundreds of actors were melting into the scene"
become less clearly visible or distinguishable; disappear gradually or seemingly
"The scene begins to fade"; "The tree trunks are melting into the forest at dusk"
melt, disappear, evaporate(verb)
become less intense and fade away gradually
"her resistance melted under his charm"; "her hopes evaporated after years of waiting for her fiance"
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use melt in a sentence?
You look at that baby (elephant) and it's just ... you melt. When you see this movie, bring a Kleenex. But it's a good movie, it's funny and happy, dumbo.
Because of a mild winter and little snow accumulation, the western half of the country, the Upper Midwest, the Middle Atlantic and Northeast all have a low risk of river flooding, which is typically enhanced by snow melt.
If you would win the world, melt it, do not hammer it.
1. The universal mind The universal mind is a great constellation of thoughts of a single mind, thoughts and ideas of the living and the dead, all worlds and dimensions. 2. Chemistry of thinking Picturesque images of the chemistry of thinking in art sometimes use exotic elements from distant corners of the subconscious. 3. Horror smile A cunning smile of awareness and a psychic laugh. Horror smile in the soul of loneliness. We are particles of the cult era of laughter in the cult of cruel humor of reality. We are in the great psychological, comical game of society. 4. The first hundred years of life, the body and spirit perceive everything as an immature illusion, where closer to the end of the century all dreams melt and disappear, but if a person lives longer, he feels how life turns into reality with which it becomes one whole, like a ghost. 5. The plasma ball of thoughts is a thought process, the heart of life is plasma lightning - this is the fire of the universe - this is a disco of feelings that responds to understanding. 6. Time is a pawnshop of nostalgia and spiritual values. 7. In nature, instincts are a cycle associated with universal mechanisms. In the world of people, instincts directed against each other are selfish deception egoism, all this gives rise to vices and inner flaws, all this creates an internal chaos of dirty, sinful thoughts of hypocritical egoism. 8. Communication is a space probe for the inner worlds. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
What we're seeing with the West Antarctic Ice Sheet, that this starting of the melt, once we reach a certain threshold, will continue despite our efforts to stop it.
Translations for melt
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- fondreCatalan, Valencian
- roztávat, tavit, roztát, tátCzech
- schmelzen, zum Schmelzen bringenGerman
- τήκω, λίωνωGreek
- fandi, fandiĝiEsperanto
- derretirse, derretirSpanish
- sula, sulaa, läkähtyä, sulatus, sulamisvesi, sulaminen, sulattaaFinnish
- se dissoudre, fondreFrench
- leaghScottish Gaelic
- olvaszt, olvadHungarian
- թափել, ձուլել, հալելArmenian
- sciogliere, fondereItalian
- 溶ける, 溶かすJapanese
- aattoqKalaallisut, Greenlandic
- tirpti, leistisLithuanian
- kausēt, kustLatvian
- topić, przetapiaćPolish
- derreter, fundirPortuguese
- расплавлять, растапливать, пла́вка, распла́в, плавиться, таять, расплавиться, плавле́ние, растаять, расплавить, растопить, та́яниеRussian
Get even more translations for melt »
Find a translation for the melt synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Український (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)