English Synonyms and Antonyms
That is minute which is of exceedingly limited dimensions, as a grain of dust, or which attends to matters of exceedingly slight amount or apparent importance; as, a minute account; minute observation. That which is broken up into minute particles is said to be comminuted; things may be termed fine which would not be termed comminuted; as, fine sand; fine gravel; but, in using the adverb, we say a substance is finely comminuted, comminuted referring more to the process, fine to the result. An account extended to very minute particulars is circumstantial, detailed, particular; an examination so extended is critical, exact, precise. Compare FINE.
See synonyms for LARGE.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
a unit of time equal to 60 seconds or 1/60th of an hour
"he ran a 4 minute mile"
moment, mo, minute, second, bitnoun
an indefinitely short time
"wait just a moment"; "in a mo"; "it only takes a minute"; "in just a bit"
turn, molybdenum, act, spot, irregular, piece, endorsement, chip, bit, min, flake, snatch, arcminute, second gear, instant, second, minute of arc, routine, s, mo, fleck, atomic number 42, sec, bite, secondment, number, second base, morsel, scrap, moment, hour, indorsement, here and now, import, consequence, present moment, arcsecond
moment, minute, second, instantnoun
a particular point in time
"the moment he arrived the party began"
endorsement, consequence, instant, present moment, import, second, minute of arc, arcminute, second gear, s, flash, sec, secondment, min, hour, moment, indorsement, wink, twinkling, here and now, heartbeat, jiffy, mo, second base, irregular, blink of an eye, split second, trice, bit, arcsecond
minute, arcminute, minute of arcnoun
a unit of angular distance equal to a 60th of a degree
a short note
"the secretary keeps the minutes of the meeting"
distance measured by the time taken to cover it
"we live an hour from the airport"; "its just 10 minutes away"
infinitely or immeasurably small
"two minute whiplike threads of protoplasm"; "reduced to a microscopic scale"
characterized by painstaking care and detailed examination
"a minute inspection of the grounds"; "a narrow scrutiny"; "an exact and minute report"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use minute in a sentence?
He wasn’t defending Rachael, he repeated over and over during the 15-minute segment in which he essentially did just that. If I had gone to that party, I asked him, what wouldIrepresent? He told me that 50 million people had attended a party like this, i maintained that attending such a party was not a good look, to which he responded, ‘Is it not a good look in 2018, or is it not a good look in 2021?’ As if things couldn’t have been considered racist in 2018. He called for sympathy for ‘this poor girl, Rachael.’ He said all this with a passion I had never seen him assert. And neither, I think, had America. We had only seen Chris Harrison perform as a host; this was like catching him with a hot mic.
We think we can expect to do (the 100-meter race) in about a minute and a half.
In many ways it is worse than Eric Garner because they got their knee on his neck and he is begging, pleading, not one minute... but eight minutes begging them to let him breathe, we cant breathe again in 2020.
He's making money off the campaign, presumably, as profit for these companies that are servicing the campaign, whether it's a vineyard, you know, selling wine to the campaign, or whether it's hotels, or selling space at Mar-a-Lago, or the airline, now he may promote that as part of his business acumen: ‘Look, I'm a candidate plus I'm making money.’ But that can come back to haunt, as well; I mean, you know, people may say, ‘Wait a minute, it looks like too much self-dealing here.’.
I wasn’t going to come, but at the last minute this morning I was like, you know what, I’m sure they’d appreciate if I went, it was touching. It kind of grounded me there.
Translations for minute
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- minut, menut, minúscul, diminutCatalan, Valencian
- minuta, podrobný, chvilka, zápis, drobný, minutka, nepatrný, vteřina, zapisovatCzech
- winzig, Minute, Moment, aufzeichnen, protokollierenGerman
- λεπτό, μικροσκοπικός, πρακτικά, στιγμή, πρωτοκολλώ, καταγράφωGreek
- minucioso, acta, menudo, minuto, diminuto, momento, minutarSpanish
- moment, minut, hetkEstonian
- minutu, momentuBasque
- دقیقه, ریزPersian
- hetkinen, perinpohjainen, olematon, tarkka, hetki, pienenpieni, minuutti, mitätön, kaariminuutti, vähäinen, pöytäkirja, [[kirjoittaa]] pöytäkirja, luonnostella, [[laatia]] [[pöytäkirja]], [[tehdä]] [[yhteenveto]], [[pitää]] [[pöytäkirjaa]]Finnish
- minute, moment, minuscule, instant, procès-verbal, minutieuxFrench
- nóiméad, bomaiteIrish
- mion, mionaid, meanbhScottish Gaelic
- זעיר, דקת קשת, פרוטוקול, דקה, מפורט, זמן קצר, רגע, רשם בפרוטוקול, סיכם, רשם פרוטוקולHebrew
- perc, ívperc, emlékeztetőHungarian
- մանրամասն, րոպե, մանր, վայրկյանArmenian
- minuscule, minute, minutarInterlingua
- menit, minit, minutaIndonesian
- mínúta, augablikIcelandic
- momento, minuscolo, minuto, attimo, piccolissimoItalian
- 議事録, 分Japanese
- минөт, минутаKazakh
- ನಸು, ನಿಮಿಷKannada
- minutė, akimirkaLithuanian
- miniti, mōkitokitoMāori
- прецизен, малечок, минута, детален, ситен, подробен, момент, дребен, записник, води записникMacedonian
- минут, жижигMongolian
- catatan, minit, sekejapMalay
- minuscule, minuut, notulen, nietige, onbeduidend, minuutje, nietig, secondje, onbeduidende, minuscuul, notulerenDutch
- protokoll, minutt, øyeblikkNorwegian
- dah alzhinNavajo, Navaho
- diba'igaansOjibwe, Ojibwa
- malutki, minutka, notatka, chwila, minuta, moment, protokółPolish
- momento, minuto, ata, minúsculo, instantePortuguese
- minut, minutaRomansh
- minut, minusculRomanian
- минута, протоколRussian
- минут, minuta, minut, минутаSerbo-Croatian
- මිනිත්තුව, විනාඩියSinhala, Sinhalese
- minut, ögonblick, väldigt lite, protokoll, mycket lite, bågminut, protokollföra, föraSwedish
- நுணுத்தம், நிமிடம்Tamil
- дақиқа, резTajik
- แป๊บเดียว, นาทีThai
- مىنۇتUyghur, Uighur
- houbonde, åvé, munuteWalloon
Get even more translations for minute »
Find a translation for the minute synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)