English Synonyms and Antonyms
absolute, boundless, countless, eternal, illimitable, immeasurable, infinite, innumerable, interminable, limitless, measureless, numberless, unbounded, unconditioned, unfathomable, unlimited, unmeasured
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
a narrow strait connecting two bodies of water
"a narrow bridge"; "a narrow line across the page"
limited in size or scope
"the narrow sense of a word"
lacking tolerance or flexibility or breadth of view
"a brilliant but narrow-minded judge"; "narrow opinions"
very limited in degree
"won by a narrow margin"; "a narrow escape"
characterized by painstaking care and detailed examination
"a minute inspection of the grounds"; "a narrow scrutiny"; "an exact and minute report"
make or become more narrow or restricted
"The selection was narrowed"; "The road narrowed"
peg down, sign, condense, nail down, sign up, specialize, abbreviate, constrict, press, shrink, specialise, take, undertake, foreshorten, cut, shorten, constringe, narrow down, specify, squeeze, get, compress, contract, sign on, abridge, concentrate, reduce, pin down, compact
pin down, peg down, nail down, narrow down, narrow, specifyverb
"I cannot narrow down the rules for this game"
particularise, constrict, qualify, pin up, destine, nail, peg down, fix, trap, delineate, pin down, determine, particularize, assign, define, specify, finalise, intend, nail down, contract, designate, specialize, delimit, specialise, constringe, peg, set apart, delimitate, stipulate, limit, set, condition, finalize, narrow down, settle
specialize, specialise, narrow, narrow downverb
become more focus on an area of activity or field of study
"She specializes in Near Eastern history"
constrict, constringe, narrowverb
become tight or as if tight
"Her throat constricted"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
of little breadth
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use narrow in a sentence?
There are two things which cannot be attacked in front ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion.
The resolution is grotesquely one-sided, outrageously narrow, and maliciously partisan, it reeks of nauseating politics completely devoid of respect for the sovereignty of our country, even as it is bereft of the gruesome realities of the drug menace.
She starts out having some benefits of gender because she is something different, but then starts to feel like a typical politician and gets back down to earth, you do see her starting to frame her campaign as a campaign for women, but that's a narrow campaign, not a winning campaign. You aren't going to win 100% of women.
As we close out of the year, it's been a tale of two tapes, with narrow leadership holding up the major indices, while the vast majority of the market continues to underperform, the big story today as investors wrap up the year is that after all that's said and done, it's a flat year for the S&P 500.
I love all of them. I don't know how I'm going to narrow it down.
Translations for narrow
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- тар, тарайтыу, тарайыуBashkir
- angost, estret, estretaCatalan, Valencian
- ⱘⰸⱏⰽⱏ, ѫзъкъOld Church Slavonic, Church Slavonic, Old Bulgarian
- smal, tæt, snæver, snævresDanish
- schmal, eng, schlank, begrenztGerman
- στενός, στενεύωGreek
- mallarĝa, streta, malvastaEsperanto
- angosto, estrechar, angostar, estrecho, estrecharseSpanish
- تنگ, باریکPersian
- kaventaa, kaventua, kapeaFinnish
- trongur, smalka, smalur, trongligur, snævurFaroese
- étroit, rétrécir, réduire, étroiteFrench
- smelWestern Frisian
- caol, cúngIrish
- cumhang, caolScottish Gaelic
- estreito, angostoGalician
- तंग, संकीर्णHindi
- szűk, keskenyHungarian
- þröngur, þétturIcelandic
- stretto, stretta, angustoItalian
- 좁은, 좁다, 제한된Korean
- angustō, angustus, angustiasLatin
- smaal, nejLimburgish, Limburgan, Limburger
- ကျဉ်းကျပ်, ကျဉ်းBurmese
- smal, nauwDutch
- zwężać się, wąski, zwężać, zawężać, wąskaPolish
- estreitar, estreitar-se, estreita, estreito, limitarPortuguese
- îngust, îngusta, strâmtRomanian
- сужа́ть, су́зить, су́зиться, тесный, узкий, сужа́тьсяRussian
- су́зити, súziti, у̏зак, уски, uski, ȕzakSerbo-Croatian
- ngushtoj, ngushtëAlbanian
- långsmal, smal, trångSwedish
- ఇరుకైన, సన్ననిTelugu
- darlaşmak, dar, daralmakTurkish
- chật hẹp, hẹp, chật, eo hẹpVietnamese
- stroet, stroeteWalloon
Get even more translations for narrow »
Find a translation for the narrow synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)