Belonging to one by birth.
She is a regular Wiki* native.
Characteristic of or relating to people inhabiting a region from prehistoric times.
Sometimes used pejoratively against indigenous peoples by their colonizers.
Some natives must have stolen our cattle.
Many native artists studied abroad.
The naturalized Norway maple often outcompetes the native North American sugar maple.
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Native denotes that which belongs to one by birth; natal that which pertains to the event of birth; natural denotes that which rests upon inherent qualities of character or being. We speak of one's native country, or of his natal day; of natural ability, native genius. Compare INHERENT; PRIMEVAL; RADICAL.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
native, indigen, indigene, aborigine, aboriginalnoun
an indigenous person who was born in a particular place
"the art of the natives of the northwest coast"; "the Canadian government scrapped plans to tax the grants to aboriginal college students"
a person born in a particular place or country
"he is a native of Brazil"
indigenous plants and animals
characteristic of or existing by virtue of geographic origin
"the native North American sugar maple"; "many native artists studied abroad"
belonging to one by birth
"my native land"; "one's native language"
characteristic of or relating to people inhabiting a region from the beginning
"native Americans"; "the aboriginal peoples of Australia"
as found in nature in the elemental form
a native is a person who is an indegonous person.Submitted by rinat on August 20, 2019
sons of the soil
he is a native.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use native in a sentence?
Sometimes, I think that non-Native people picture us as being stuck, historically. They think of us as being stuck in the past, but while we talk about our history -- because if we don't, it would be completely erased -- we're active in our resistance and in what's happening now.
The ecological impact of removing so many adult pythons from a relatively small area of Collier County can only be positive for our native wildlife, we need to utilize all tools available and develop additional techniques to capture and remove Burmese pythons in Florida.
Just as Native American activists have demanded the removal ofChristopher Columbus statuesand pushed to transform the Columbus holiday into an acknowledgment of hisbrutality toward Indigenous people, Native American activists have long objected to the popular portrayal of Thanksgiving.
What you have in your mind, your talents, your native abilities, no one can take from you. When you die you take them with you. Use them diligently while you are here.
There is too much sour grapes for my taste in the present American attitude. The time to denounce the bankers was when we were all feeding off their gold plate; not now! At present they have not only my sympathy but my preference. They are the last representatives of our native industries.
Translations for native
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- rodný, rodák, domorodecCzech
- Eingeborene, einheimisch, gebürtig, Eingeborener, Ureinwohner, UreinwohnerinGerman
- αυτόχθων, γηγενής, ντόπιος, μητρικός, ιθαγενής, γενέθλιοςGreek
- indiĝeno, indiĝena, denaskaEsperanto
- indígena, natal, nativoSpanish
- paikallinen, alueellinen, [[paikallinen]] [[asukas]], alkuasukas, autoktoninen, alkuperäinen, kotoperäinen, syntyperäinenFinnish
- indigène, autochtone, natif, maternel, originaire deFrench
- gnèitheachScottish Gaelic
- születésű, hazai, belföldi, anyanyelviHungarian
- մայրենի, հայրենիArmenian
- 自国, 土着Japanese
- tangata whenuaMāori
- ingeboren, inheems, inwoner, oorspronkelijk, inboorling, moeder-, autochtoon, geboren en getogen, geboorte-, aangeborenDutch
- tubylec, ojczysty, autochton, rdzenny, rodzimyPolish
- selvagem, nativo, indígenaPortuguese
- localnic, nativ, originară, de la naștere, originar, autohton, indigen, matern, localnicăRomanian
- туземный, выходец, родной, местный, туземец, туземка, коренной, аборигенка, коренная жительница, уроженка, коренной житель, абориген, уроженецRussian
- starosedeoc, samorodan, рођениSerbo-Croatian
- amëtar, autokton, vendësAlbanian
Get even more translations for native »
Find a translation for the native synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)