native, indigen, indigene, aborigine, aboriginal(noun)
an indigenous person who was born in a particular place
"the art of the natives of the northwest coast"; "the Canadian government scrapped plans to tax the grants to aboriginal college students"
a person born in a particular place or country
"he is a native of Brazil"
indigenous plants and animals
characteristic of or existing by virtue of geographic origin
"the native North American sugar maple"; "many native artists studied abroad"
belonging to one by birth
"my native land"; "one's native language"
characteristic of or relating to people inhabiting a region from the beginning
"native Americans"; "the aboriginal peoples of Australia"
as found in nature in the elemental form
Belonging to one by birth.
She is a regular Wiki* native.
Characteristic of or relating to people inhabiting a region from prehistoric times.
Of or relating to North American Indians or Aboriginal people.
Some natives must have stolen our cattle.
Many native artists studied abroad.
The naturalized Norway maple often outcompetes the native North American sugar maple.
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Native denotes that which belongs to one by birth; natal that which pertains to the event of birth; natural denotes that which rests upon inherent qualities of character or being. We speak of one's native country, or of his natal day; of natural ability, native genius. Compare INHERENT; PRIMEVAL; RADICAL.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
a native is a person who is an indegonous person.Submitted by rinat on August 20, 2019
sons of the soil
he is a native.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use native in a sentence?
The Kennewick Man's closest living relatives are Native Americans.
With the exception of Native Americans, Native Americans are the people who are most behind socially and economically in the United States and our needs are not moderate. A people far behind can not catch up choosing the most moderate path. The most progressive social and economic path gives us the best chance to catch up and Senator Bernie Sanders represents the most progressive path. That's why I choose to endorse Senator Bernie Sanders today, the Joe Biden campaign has not reached out to me or asked for my support.
Twitter Inc's still unclear how Twitter Inc will monetize Moments. Most likely Twitter Inc will be some form of sponsored or native ads wrapped around individual moments.
I’m doing this because I’m a native and I love the city and I want to do something good,”
It shows how little we are valued. These black churches, the mosque, Native American sites, they are not as valued as Catholicism or Christianity in that aspect, and its frustrating.
Translations for native
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- rodný, rodák, domorodecCzech
- Eingeborene, einheimisch, gebürtig, Eingeborener, Ureinwohner, UreinwohnerinGerman
- αυτόχθων, γηγενής, ντόπιος, μητρικός, ιθαγενής, γενέθλιοςGreek
- indiĝeno, indiĝena, denaskaEsperanto
- indígena, natal, nativoSpanish
- paikallinen, alueellinen, [[paikallinen]] [[asukas]], alkuasukas, autoktoninen, alkuperäinen, kotoperäinen, syntyperäinenFinnish
- indigène, autochtone, natif, maternel, originaire deFrench
- gnèitheachScottish Gaelic
- születésű, hazai, belföldi, anyanyelviHungarian
- մայրենի, հայրենիArmenian
- 自国, 土着Japanese
- tangata whenuaMāori
- ingeboren, inheems, inwoner, oorspronkelijk, inboorling, moeder-, autochtoon, geboren en getogen, geboorte-, aangeborenDutch
- tubylec, ojczysty, autochton, rdzenny, rodzimyPolish
- selvagem, nativo, indígenaPortuguese
- localnic, nativ, originară, de la naștere, originar, autohton, indigen, matern, localnicăRomanian
- туземный, выходец, родной, местный, туземец, туземка, коренной, аборигенка, коренная жительница, уроженка, коренной житель, абориген, уроженецRussian
- starosedeoc, samorodan, рођениSerbo-Croatian
- amëtar, autokton, vendësAlbanian
Get even more translations for native »
Find a translation for the native synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)