distinguished from others in excellence
"did outstanding work in human relations"; "an outstanding war record"
outstanding, prominent, salient, spectacular, striking(adj)
having a quality that thrusts itself into attention
"an outstanding fact of our time is that nations poisoned by anti semitism proved less fortunate in regard to their own freedom"; "a new theory is the most prominent feature of the book"; "salient traits"; "a spectacular rise in prices"; "a striking thing about Picadilly Circus is the statue of Eros in the center"; "a striking resemblance between parent and child"
outstanding, owing(p), undischarged(adj)
owed as a debt
"outstanding bills"; "the amount still owed"; "undischarged debts"
of major significance or importance
"a great work of art"; "Einstein was one of the outstanding figures of the 20th centurey"
slap-up, gravid, majuscule, cracking, neat, capital, great(p), owing(p), enceinte, swell, spectacular, expectant, heavy(p), keen, nifty, with child(p), bang-up, smashing, prominent, not bad(p), corking, groovy, striking, salient, big(p), undischarged, large(p), bully, dandy, peachy, great
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
better than somebody
the outstanding paneer pizza made of pizza sauce red sauce cheese mayoSubmitted by asimahmed on April 3, 2020
List of paraphrases:
pending, unresolved, exceptional, unpaid, remarkable, excellent, prominent, remaining, distinguished, unsolved, extraordinary, unliquidated, eminent, overdue, notable, salient, unfinished, unsettled, brilliant, conspicuous, unique, superb, defaulted, splendid, non-duty-paid, open, impressive, noteworthy, wonderful, illustrious
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use outstanding in a sentence?
What's outstanding about this study is that it represents a unique genera, that it's something that is genuinely new to science, but it also represents the first known human-driven primate extinction that we know of as well.
Hope is outstanding and has done great work for the last three years.
Three months into the lockdown, I realized that the paper money and coins I had in my pocket were the same paper coins and money I'd had in my pocket three months before. I just wasn't using them, in that environment, the disruption that would be caused by buying back outstanding coins would be zilch.
I don’t regard Louis Farrakhan as an aberration or anything, I regard him as an outstanding human being who commands a following of individuals who are learned and articulate and he plays a big role in the lives of thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands of people.
Why didn't somebody call the FBI 36 years ago ? I mean you could also say when did this all happen, what's going on ? To take a man like this and besmirch -- now with that being said, let her have her say and let's see how it all works out, i think it's a very sad situation. He's an outstanding person.
Translations for outstanding
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- pendent, destacat, sobresortint, excepcionalCatalan, Valencian
- herausragend, hervorstechend, ausstehend, überstehend, hervorragend, hervorstehendGerman
- destacado, extraordinario, excepcional, sobresaliente, pendiente, distinguido, prominenteSpanish
- erinomainen, silmäänpistävä, huomattava, maksamaton, esiinpistävä, merkittäväFinnish
- saillant, en suspens, débiteur, hors pair, exceptionnelFrench
- air lethScottish Gaelic
- kiálló, megoldatlan, kiváló, kiemelkedőHungarian
- luar biasaIndonesian
- irrisolta, notevole, eccezionale, in sospesso, in pendenza, saliente, irrisoltoItalian
- prominent, overhellend, onopgelost, bijzonder, uitstaand, vooraanstaand, voortreffelijkDutch
- fremragende, utestående, utståendeNorwegian
- doskonały, znakomity, zaległy, wybitnyPolish
- saliente, extraordinário, pendente, excepcional, destacadoPortuguese
- незауря́дный, выступа́ющий, неупла́ченный, выпира́ющийся, неопла́ченный, невы́полненный, выдаю́щийся, знамени́тый, торча́щий, незако́нченныйRussian
Get even more translations for outstanding »
Find a translation for the outstanding synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)