the property of sound that varies with variation in the frequency of vibration
(baseball) the act of throwing a baseball by a pitcher to a batter
manner of speaking, livery, lurch, delivery, pitch shot, tar, auction pitch, rescue, pitching, obstetrical delivery, slant, rake, deliverance, legal transfer, sales talk, sales pitch, bringing, speech, saving
a vendor's position (especially on the sidewalk)
"he was employed to see that his paper's news pitches were not trespassed upon by rival vendors"
sales talk, sales pitch, pitch(noun)
promotion by means of an argument and demonstration
pitch, rake, slant(noun)
degree of deviation from a horizontal plane
"the roof had a steep pitch"
any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue
pitch, pitch shot(noun)
a high approach shot in golf
pitch, auction pitch(noun)
an all-fours game in which the first card led is a trump
lurch, pitch, pitching(noun)
abrupt up-and-down motion (as caused by a ship or other conveyance)
"the pitching and tossing was quite exciting"
the action or manner of throwing something
"his pitch fell short and his hat landed on the floor"
flip, toss, sky, pitch(verb)
throw or toss with a light motion
"flip me the beachball"; "toss me newspaper"
throw out, toss out, discard, slant, jactitate, twitch, flick, thresh, flip, toss away, lurch, slash, tilt, cant over, deliver, cant, peddle, huckster, thrash, tack, shift, gear, alternate, dispose, switch, chuck, thresh about, leaf, cast aside, cast away, sky, convulse, riff, thrash about, cast out, thumb, chuck out, riffle, toss, flip-flop, hawk, set up, flip over, turn over, incline, fling, throw away, flip out, slope, throw, vend, interchange, put away, monger
lurch, pitch, shift(verb)
"The ship suddenly lurched to the left"
cant, gear, transfer, huckster, set up, cant over, flip, tilt, agitate, deliver, peddle, hawk, stir, change, prowl, switch, reel, reposition, sky, keel, swag, budge, lurch, toss, change over, careen, shift, wobble, dislodge, incline, monger, slope, skunk, vend, stagger, slant
fall or plunge forward
"She pitched over the railing of the balcony"
set to a certain pitch
"He pitched his voice very low"
peddle, monger, huckster, hawk, vend, pitch(verb)
sell or offer for sale from place to place
slope, incline, pitch(verb)
be at an angle
"The terrain sloped down"
cant, cant over, tilt, slant, pitch(verb)
"The tower is tilting"; "The ceiling is slanting"
pitch, set up(verb)
erect and fasten
"pitch a tent"
cant, tack together, put together, huckster, found, prepare, instal, piece, tack, gear up, fix, establish, put in, tilt, deliver, peddle, put up, frame, entrap, gear, install, arrange, flip, sky, assemble, order, erect, put, ensnare, raise, lay out, launch, lurch, toss, hawk, ready, set up, shift, incline, effect, monger, effectuate, slope, rear, cant over, vend, set, rig, slant
throw or hurl from the mound to the batter, as in baseball
"The pitcher delivered the ball"
cant, gear, extradite, rescue, huckster, hand over, surrender, cant over, flip, deliver, return, tilt, save, fork over, fork up, present, have, deport, redeem, peddle, sky, slant, give up, turn in, birth, render, lurch, toss, hawk, set up, shift, incline, fork out, cede, slope, drive home, vend, give birth, monger, bear
hit (a golf ball) in a high arc with a backspin
lead (a card) and establish the trump suit
set the level or character of
"She pitched her speech to the teenagers in the audience"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
degree of elevation
(Mus.) elevation of the key-note
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use pitch in a sentence?
They of course have a very strong midfield so,( it is about) denying them space and making sure awareness of distances and coverage of the pitch is correct and( knowing) the right moments to press. The higher the level of opponent, if you press in a disorganized fashion, then you will get picked through and we have got to be conscious of that.
In addition to what the club will receive for competing in the Florida Cup, we can also generate revenue from pitch-side advertising, TV rights and the sale of travel packages that include tickets to the game and for visits to the training center to watch training sessions.
She turned to look at me, which I thought was kind of odd in the middle of the pitch, and she said, ‘Coach Angelo, I feel dizzy, as she was walking toward me, her knees started to give way and I caught her.
His pitch is he needs me, things are going to be just fine.
Those who say things like asking why (Sasaki) didnt pitch are not giving a single thought to the kids.
Translations for pitch
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- زفت, رميةArabic
- сайыр, дегет, һағыҙBashkir
- llançament, llançarCatalan, Valencian
- smůla, nadhoz, smola, hřistě, roztečCzech
- Harz, Wurf, Pech, Sportplatz, Abstand, Grad, Verkaufsgespräch, Teilung, Neigung, Steigung, Tonhöhe, Tonlage, werfen, stampfen, werben, bewerben, wegwerfen, aufschlagen, TonhGerman
- γήπεδο, πίσσα, πετάω, στήνω, ύψος, ρίχνωGreek
- pez, declive, tono, campo, distancia, paso, brea, lanzamiento, lanzar, echar, armar, altura, altura tonal, promover, plantarSpanish
- nurmi, kallistus, taso, pihka, syöttö, piki, kenttä, myyntipuhe, jako, nyökätä, heittää, syöttää, heittää menemään, mainostaa, keinuttaa, keinua, pomppia, kinostua, sävelkorkeus, kaupata, myydä, pystyttääFinnish
- sève, terrain, poix, laïus, pas, angle, tangage, résine, lancer, argument, brai, présentation, écartement, inclinaison, pente, hauteur, donner la noteFrench
- teàrr, bìthScottish Gaelic
- fok, gyanta, köz, szurok, lejtés, eldob, ver, hangmagasságHungarian
- titinada, nadaIndonesian
- resina, servizio, sostegno, pendenza, beccheggio, pece, campo, promozione, passo, inclinazione, tono, servire, promuovere, crescere, accumularsi, intonazione, timbro, sostenereItalian
- גובה הצלילHebrew
- კუპრი, ფისიGeorgian
- nipiKalaallisut, Greenlandic
- hoa, tūpoupou, pūpahiMāori
- hars, worp, pek, verkooppraatje, toonhoogte, gooien, werpen, intonerenDutch
- smoła, pole, boisko, żywica, rzut, kąt, wysokość dźwięku, złożyć, rozbićPolish
- seiva, arremesso, piche, campo, grau, altura, arremessar, armarPortuguese
- prezentare, pas, rășină, aruncare, smoală, teren, inclinare, ton, înălțimeRomanian
- дёготь, тангаж, дифферент, смола, подача, подавать, высота, бросать, бросить, подать, ставить, тонRussian
- rozstup, ihriskoSlovak
- beck, kast, plan, ton, kasta, slänga, resa, tonhöjd, läggaSwedish
Get even more translations for pitch »
Find a translation for the pitch synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)