Synonyms for polish
This thesaurus page includes all potential synonyms, words with the same meaning and similar terms for the word polish.
Wiktionary0.0 / 0 votes
Of, from or native to Poland, or relating to the Polish language.
He polished up the chrome until it gleamed.
To apply shoe polish to shoes.
The lecturer showed a lot of polish at his last talk.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms0.0 / 0 votes
Princeton's WordNet0.0 / 0 votes
polish, gloss, glossiness, burnishnoun
the property of being smooth and shiny
polish, refinement, culture, cultivation, finishnoun
a highly developed state of perfection; having a flawless or impeccable quality
"they performed with great polish"; "I admired the exquisite refinement of his prose"; "almost an inspiration which gives to all work that finish which is almost art"--Joseph Conrad
purification, goal, acculturation, refinement, shade, last, finish, culture, ending, coating, glossiness, cultivation, nuance, nicety, destination, civilization, finis, finishing, refining, stopping point, civilisation, elaboration, subtlety, close, gloss, conclusion, burnish, finale
a preparation used in polishing
the Slavic language of Poland
of or relating to Poland or its people or culture
polish, smooth, smoothen, shineverb
make (a surface) shine
"shine the silver, please"; "polish my shoes"
polish, refine, fine-tune, downverb
improve or perfect by pruning or polishing
"refine one's style of writing"
land, push down, pull down, polish up, round off, down, go through, elaborate, belt down, rarify, drink down, round, shoot down, cut down, complicate, kill, toss off, smoothen, calibrate, bolt down, rectify, shine, brush up, graduate, tweak, pour down, smooth, pop, devour, fine-tune, knock down, consume, refine
polish, round, round off, polish up, brush upverb
bring to a highly developed, finished, or refined state
"polish your social manners"
refresh, smooth, shine, polish up, round out, smoothen, snipe, lash out, assail, fill out, down, fine-tune, assault, labialise, brush up, attack, labialize, refine, round down, flesh out, review, round, round off
Dictionary of English Synonymes0.0 / 0 votes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words0.0 / 0 votes
Words popularity by usage frequency
The Commission decided to contact the Polish authorities to make sure that the proposed interventions are in line with European Union law law. Based on the replies received yesterday from the Polish, The Commission will decide on any further steps.
The comments which have come up in media recently induce speculation and gossip, leading to erroneous conclusions regarding the Polish helicopter tenders, the only true information is that talks with the Economy Ministry continue and that we are ready to support our Polish partners.
It is good to rub and polish our brain against that of others
We are living in a world today where lemonade is made from artificial flavors and furniture polish is made from real lemons...
This will be a project that meets the expectations of Poles, who are blasphemed in the world, in Europe, even in Germany, that they are the Holocaust perpetrators, that in Poland there were Polish concentration camps, Polish gas chambers, enough with this lie. There has to be responsibility.
Translations for polish
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- لمع, البولندية ، مدغشقر 2005Arabic
- leštit, leštidloCzech
- pudse, glathed, glatte, politur, glans, elegance, pudsecreme, forfinelse, polere, blankeDanish
- perfektionieren, wichsen, Politur, Glanz, polieren, polnisch German
- Πολωνικά Greek
- poluri, polurilo, poluroEsperanto
- pulir, acicalar, polaco Spanish
- پولیش کردن, پولیشPersian
- kiillotusaine, tyyli, hioa, kehittää, puunata, [[kiillottaa]] [[kenkiä]], kiillote, selkeys, kiillottaa, parannella, kiilto, tasaisuus, lankata, viimeistelyFinnish
- vernis, polir, polonais French
- lìomhScottish Gaelic
- políroz, kifényesítHungarian
- lustrar, lisiar, polir, furbirInterlingua
- cirajizar, briligar, polisarIdo
- lustrare, brillantare, lucidare, levigatezza, cera, raffinatezza, lucidità, levigare, lucentezza, brillantezza, lucido, perfezionare, smussare, polacco Italian
- 磨く, 光沢, つや, 清潔, 艶, 平ら, 綺麗, 輝き, 研ぐ, 清らか, 洗練する, 洗練, 研磨剤, 平坦Japanese
- whakapiata, whakamahine, whakamaheniMāori
- polijsten, glans, oppoetsen, poetsmiddel, poetsen, poetsDutch
- náyiishį́į́hNavajo, Navaho
- połysk, polerować, wygładzać, polski Polish
- polir, polimento, polonês Portuguese
- полировать, шлифовать, польский Russian
- glans, polityr, finess, polera, putsa, polish, polermedel, putsmedelSwedish
Get even more translations for polish »
Find a translation for the polish synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"polish." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 4 Dec. 2023. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/polish>.