resort, resort hotel, holiday resort(noun)
a hotel located in a resort area
haunt, hangout, resort, repair, stamping ground(noun)
a frequently visited place
recourse, refuge, resort(noun)
something or someone turned to for assistance or security
"his only recourse was the police"; "took refuge in lying"
recourse, resort, refuge(verb)
act of turning to for assistance
"have recourse to the courts"; "an appeal to his uncle was his last resort"
fall back, resort, recur(verb)
have recourse to
"The government resorted to rationing meat"
move, travel, or proceed toward some place
"He repaired to his cabin in the woods"
recreate, recur, animate, mend, quicken, bushel, reanimate, furbish up, revivify, renovate, restore, recompense, touch on, fall back, rectify, indemnify, revive, doctor, fix, compensate, amend, vivify, remedy, repair, remediate
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use resort in a sentence?
We do not take this lightly, this is our last resort.
Doctors are obligated to help patients in ways likely to make a difference in their quality of life – controlling pain, improving mood, addressing sleeplessness, etc. – and should offer chemotherapy only as a last resort for those who still want it after true informed consent as to the unlikelihood of it doing any good, doctors need to emphasize they will not abandon the patient with end-stage disease, and that there are ways to help that are not ‘ active treatment, ’.
It is a sign of the times, equity markets are to a large degree closed... Miners are looking for alternatives. Unfortunately this is an alternative of last resort.
That would be an absolute last resort.
All the problems of the world could be settled if people were only willing to think. The trouble is that people very often resort to all sorts of devices in order not to think, because thinking is such hard work.
Translations for resort
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- Ausweg, zurückfallen, heimfallen, Ferienort, verfallen, Zuflucht, Kurort, zurückgreifen, Resort, zurückkehren, verlegen, kommenGerman
- καταφεύγω, επαναταξινομώ, προσφεύγω, θέρετροGreek
- realinear, reacomodar, estación turística, recurso, refugio, cambiar planes, reordenarSpanish
- turvautua, lomakohde, uudelleenjärjestää, turva, lomakeskusFinnish
- lieu de vacances, recourir, retrier, recours, resort, sortieFrench
- կուրորտ, առողջարանArmenian
- uitweg, vakantieoord, toevluchtDutch
- ty tilNorwegian
- kurort, uciec się, posortować, uciekać się, ponownie, uzdrowiskoPolish
- resort, reordenar, refúgio, recorrer, recursoPortuguese
- здравница, курортRussian
- semesterort, kurort, omsortera, tillflykt, tillhållSwedish
- tatil köyü, çareTurkish
Get even more translations for resort »
Find a translation for the resort synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Український (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)