Synonyms for shallow
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and similar words for the term shallow.
Having little depth; significantly less deep than wide.
The ship ran aground in an unexpected shallow.
The water is shallow here
It was a glamorous but shallow lifestyle
The acting is good, but the characters are shallow
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
a stretch of shallow water
lacking physical depth; having little spatial extension downward or inward from an outer surface or backward or outward from a center
"shallow water"; "a shallow dish"; "a shallow cut"; "a shallow closet"; "established a shallow beachhead"; "hit the ball to shallow left field"
not deep or strong; not affecting one deeply
"shallow breathing"; "a night of shallow fretful sleep"; "in a shallow trance"
lacking depth of intellect or knowledge; concerned only with what is obvious
"shallow people"; "his arguments seemed shallow and tedious"
"The silt shallowed the canal"
"the lake shallowed over time"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
I told Prince Harry, ‘I think she’s going to ruin your life,' she’s very shallow.
If this is a shallow issue for people, it will dissipate when the next issue comes along.
The reason why [ upwardly mobile Asian American ] people express those things is because... they feel like they're not being treated as if they were White, and they want to feel some form of solidarity with other groups who might be feeling this way, but the issue is that when you express such shallow, privileged politics and concerns, it's very difficult to build those pathways to solidarity.
The water was rising and deep for our people, so we use the ladder to get vests for the three patients in case they fell out and floated down, and then it was determined that on the other side of the river, it was a little more shallow for them to walk in and pull the patients out one by one and get them out on the other side.
My positioning on the wave just wasn’t right, [It was] pretty shallow water, so I cut through the water pretty quick and went straight to the sand to my forehead.
Translations for shallow
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- superficial, poc profund, plaCatalan, Valencian
- povrchní, mělčina, mělkýCzech
- åndsforladt, flad, lavvandet, lav, overfladiskDanish
- seicht, Untiefe, flach, oberflächlichGerman
- superficial, desinteresante, bajo, poco profundo, bajofondoSpanish
- تنک, کم عمق, تختPersian
- matala, pinnallinenFinnish
- haut-fond, baisse, peu profond, superficiel, bas-fondFrench
- eu-domhainn, faoin, tanalachdScottish Gaelic
- felületes, lapos, felszínes, sekélyes, sekélyHungarian
- pauco profundeInterlingua
- superficiale, secca, poco profondoItalian
- 浅い, 川瀬Japanese
- pāpaku, pātiMāori
- површен, плитак, плитокMacedonian
- lav, overflatisk, flat, grunn, overfladiskNorwegian
- oppervlakkig, ondiep, ondiepteDutch
- grunn, overflatisk, flat, lavNorwegian Nynorsk
- superficial, desinteressante, raso, rasaPortuguese
- puțin adânc, platRomanian
- отмель, мелкий, неглубокий, мель, поверхностныйRussian
- grund, ytligSwedish
- мілина, мілкий, неглибокий, поверхневийUkrainian
- Nông cạnVietnamese
Get even more translations for shallow »
Find a translation for the shallow synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"shallow." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2022. Web. 5 Oct. 2022. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/shallow>.