Synonyms for shallow
This thesaurus page includes all potential synonyms, words with the same meaning and similar terms for the word shallow.
Wiktionary3.4 / 5 votes
Having little depth; significantly less deep than wide.
The ship ran aground in an unexpected shallow.
The water is shallow here
It was a glamorous but shallow lifestyle
The acting is good, but the characters are shallow
English Synonyms and Antonyms2.0 / 2 votes
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms0.0 / 0 votes
Princeton's WordNet0.0 / 0 votes
a stretch of shallow water
lacking physical depth; having little spatial extension downward or inward from an outer surface or backward or outward from a center
"shallow water"; "a shallow dish"; "a shallow cut"; "a shallow closet"; "established a shallow beachhead"; "hit the ball to shallow left field"
not deep or strong; not affecting one deeply
"shallow breathing"; "a night of shallow fretful sleep"; "in a shallow trance"
lacking depth of intellect or knowledge; concerned only with what is obvious
"shallow people"; "his arguments seemed shallow and tedious"
"The silt shallowed the canal"
"the lake shallowed over time"
Dictionary of English Synonymes0.0 / 0 votes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words0.0 / 0 votes
Song lyrics by shallow -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by shallow on the Lyrics.com website.
Words popularity by usage frequency
Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.
The Cuban ports, including Havana, are all too shallow to accommodate the large modern ships of major cruise lines, also, some Cuban ports are inland, necessitating negotiating unmapped, narrow channels ….
These job figures are highlighting the widening gap between U.S. and European monetary policies. People are booking profits on U.S. stocks and rushing into Europe where quantitative easing is just starting, after such a rally, we're ripe for a pull-back in Europe, but the investment inflows are so strong that the dips remain shallow.
Seriousness is the only refuge of the shallow.
The seas haven’t been very friendly, but the black boxes have a 30-day life and they will be able to find them, particularly in the shallow waters, it’s the weather that is causing the delay.
Translations for shallow
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- superficial, poc profund, plaCatalan, Valencian
- povrchní, mělčina, mělkýCzech
- åndsforladt, flad, lavvandet, lav, overfladiskDanish
- seicht, Untiefe, flach, oberflächlichGerman
- superficial, desinteresante, bajo, poco profundo, bajofondoSpanish
- تنک, کم عمق, تختPersian
- matala, pinnallinenFinnish
- haut-fond, baisse, peu profond, superficiel, bas-fondFrench
- eu-domhainn, faoin, tanalachdScottish Gaelic
- felületes, lapos, felszínes, sekélyes, sekélyHungarian
- pauco profundeInterlingua
- superficiale, secca, poco profondoItalian
- 浅い, 川瀬Japanese
- pāpaku, pātiMāori
- површен, плитак, плитокMacedonian
- lav, overflatisk, flat, grunn, overfladiskNorwegian
- oppervlakkig, ondiep, ondiepteDutch
- grunn, overflatisk, flat, lavNorwegian Nynorsk
- superficial, desinteressante, raso, rasaPortuguese
- puțin adânc, platRomanian
- отмель, мелкий, неглубокий, мель, поверхностныйRussian
- grund, ytligSwedish
- мілина, мілкий, неглибокий, поверхневийUkrainian
- Nông cạnVietnamese
Get even more translations for shallow »
Find a translation for the shallow synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"shallow." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 29 Nov. 2023. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/shallow>.