sol, soh, so(adverb)
the syllable naming the fifth (dominant) note of any musical scale in solmization
to a very great extent or degree
"the idea is so obvious"; "never been so happy"; "I love you so"; "my head aches so!"
in a manner that facilitates
"he observed the snakes so he could describe their behavior"; "he stooped down so he could pick up his hat"
in such a condition or manner, especially as expressed or implied
"They're happy and I hope they will remain so"; "so live your life that old age will bring no regrets"
to a certain unspecified extent or degree
"I can only go so far with this student"; "can do only so much in a day"
in the same way; also
"I was offended and so was he"; "worked hard and so did she"
thus, thusly, so(adverb)
in the way indicated
"hold the brush so"; "set up the pieces thus"; (`thusly' is a nonstandard variant)
(usually followed by `that') to an extent or degree as expressed
"he was so tired he could hardly stand"; "so dirty that it smells"
then, so, and so, and then(adverb)
subsequently or soon afterward (often used as sentence connectors)
"then he left"; "go left first, then right"; "first came lightning, then thunder"; "we watched the late movie and then went to bed"; "and so home and to bed"
therefore, hence, thence, thus, so(adverb)
(used to introduce a logical conclusion) from that fact or reason or as a result
"therefore X must be true"; "the eggs were fresh and hence satisfactory"; "we were young and thence optimistic"; "it is late and thus we must go"; "the witness is biased and so cannot be trusted"
in truth (often tends to intensify)
"they said the car would break down and indeed it did"; "it is very cold indeed"; "was indeed grateful"; "indeed, the rain may still come"; "he did so do it!"
A Mon-Khmer-speaking people of Laos and Thailand.
Eat your broccoli so you can have dessert.
Shortened form of So what?
You park your car in front of my house every morning. So?
Provided that; on condition that, as long as.
Is he so?
Words popularity by usage frequency
Translations for so
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- ف, يعني, لذاArabic
- tan, així, perquè, això, doncs, açò, així queCatalan, Valencian
- tak, takhle, takto, abyCzech
- sådan, såDanish
- so, sehr, sodass, also, damit, [[um]] ... [[zu]]German
- τόσο, έτσι, [[για]] [[να]], λοιπόν, [[γιαGreek
- tiel, tre, tiom, por keEsperanto
- tan, así, pues, así queSpanish
- niin, tosi, niinpä, jotta, jotenFinnish
- ainsi, si, tellement, comme ça, aussi, vraiment, alors, donc, afin que, le, pour queFrench
- cho, mar sinScottish Gaelic
- इतना, ऐसा, तोHindi
- annyira, úgy, olyan, hogy, ígyHungarian
- այնքան, ուստիArmenian
- tanto, così, veramente, allora, perché, affinchéItalian
- そう, この[[よう]]に, [[それ]]ほど, こんな, とても, だから, ため, では, じゃJapanese
- 매우, 그렇게, 너무, 그래서, 위해, 그래, 으로Korean
- tam, sic, ergoLatin
- -nya, sangat, agar, supaya, jadiMalay
- zo, zodanig, zodat, zodoende, dusDutch
- slik, såNorwegian
- tak, abyPolish
- چې, نوPashto, Pushto
- tão, assim, para que, e aí, entãoPortuguese
- atât, așa, deci, așadarRomanian
- так, о́чень, поэ́тому, тако́й, и, та́к что, что́бы, ита́кRussian
- tàkō, та̀ко̄Serbo-Croatian
- takto, takSlovak
- اتنا, توUrdu
- như vậy, vậyVietnamese
- si, come çoula, si télmint, inla, insi, come çaWalloon
Get even more translations for so »
Find a translation for the so synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)