Synonyms for stab
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and similar words for the term stab.
pang, stab, twingenoun
a sudden sharp feeling
"pangs of regret"; "she felt a stab of excitement"; "twinges of conscience"
stab, thrust, knife thrustnoun
a strong blow with a knife or other sharp pointed instrument
"one strong stab to the heart killed him"
informal words for any attempt or effort
"he gave it his best shot"; "he took a stab at forecasting"
injection, scene, guess, dig, stroke, barb, pellet, gibe, guesswork, slam, crack, thrust, twinge, knife thrust, shooter, shooting, dead reckoning, guessing, blastoff, snap, pang, snapshot, shaft, shot, jibe
use a knife on
"The victim was knifed to death"
stab or pierce
"he jabbed the piece of meat with his pocket knife"
jab, prod, stab, poke, digverb
poke or thrust abruptly
"he jabbed his finger into her ribs"
compass, nose, incite, toil, pry, grind, dig, drudge, moil, dig up, jab, poke, horn in, delve, nudge, grasp, prod, egg on, thump, cut into, knife, travail, labour, get the picture, hollow, apprehend, pound, comprehend, turn over, excavate, savvy, labor, grok, intrude, poke at, dig out
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
True friends stab you in the front.
All of the victims were young, outgoing women, all of the attacks occurred at night, all of the victims suffered multiple stab wounds, all of the victims were stabbed with the knife, each of the victims was attacked in or around her home and in close proximity of Mr. Gargiulo.
The four Brooklyn Center police officers who initially responded to the scene used de-escalation tactics and seemed to have calmed down Mr. Dimock-Heisler. Even when he sprang from his chair, grabbed a knife and attempted to stab one of the officers, three officers fired their Tasers, with no effect, then, and only then, did they fire their guns.
The way he reacts with that anger is to stab this young woman to death and to dump her body in a cornfield.
Just stab the m ----- f ----- in the heart.
Translations for stab
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- acoltellar, punyalada, apunyalarCatalan, Valencian
- gwanu, trywanuWelsh
- Stich, stechen, erstechen, Stichwunde, niederstechenGerman
- acuchillar, apuñalar, puñaladaSpanish
- خنجر زدنPersian
- pisto, pistää, puukottaa, pistäminen, pistohaavaFinnish
- percée, poignarder, frapper d'un coup de couteauFrench
- sáigh, rop, sáIrish
- anavallar, apuñalar, puñalada, acoitelarGalician
- döf, nyilallik, szúr, bökHungarian
- pugnalata, accoltellare, sfregiare, coltellata, pugnalareItalian
- pungo, perfigo, confodio, transfodio, perfodio, perforo, fodio, traicioLatin
- badyti, durtiLithuanian
- kritiek, steek, steekwond, aanval, steken, pogingDutch
- stikke, stikkNorwegian
- esfaquear, apunhalarPortuguese
- cuntellar, stilettarRomansh
- străpunge, a da o lovitură de cuțit, înjunghiaRomanian
- удар, удар но, критика, ранить, прокалывать, закалывать, укол, колотая рана, попыткаRussian
- bosti, бостиSerbo-Croatian
- stick, sticka, huggSwedish
- şişlemek, bıçaklamakTurkish
- критика, спробаUkrainian
- cú đâmVietnamese
Get even more translations for stab »
Find a translation for the stab synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"stab." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2022. Web. 1 Dec. 2022. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/stab>.