pang, stab, twinge(noun)
a sudden sharp feeling
"pangs of regret"; "she felt a stab of excitement"; "twinges of conscience"
stab, thrust, knife thrust(noun)
a strong blow with a knife or other sharp pointed instrument
"one strong stab to the heart killed him"
informal words for any attempt or effort
"he gave it his best shot"; "he took a stab at forecasting"
injection, scene, guess, dig, stroke, barb, pellet, gibe, guesswork, slam, crack, thrust, twinge, knife thrust, shooter, shooting, dead reckoning, guessing, blastoff, snap, pang, snapshot, shaft, shot, jibe
use a knife on
"The victim was knifed to death"
stab or pierce
"he jabbed the piece of meat with his pocket knife"
jab, prod, stab, poke, dig(verb)
poke or thrust abruptly
"he jabbed his finger into her ribs"
compass, nose, incite, toil, pry, grind, dig, drudge, moil, dig up, jab, poke, horn in, delve, nudge, grasp, prod, egg on, thump, cut into, knife, travail, labour, get the picture, hollow, apprehend, pound, comprehend, turn over, excavate, savvy, labor, grok, intrude, poke at, dig out
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use stab in a sentence?
Even though I was making a stab at humor, I dont think I ever wrote a line I didnt believe, i tried not to draw too much blood. I tried to rave about all the heroes of the game, and they deserved it. ... When something great happens like when an Arnold Palmer or Jack Nicklaus or Tiger Woods or Ben Hogan happens you dont have to be funny, you just have to be accurate.
This morning, a Hartford Police Officer sustained severe stab wounds while in the line of duty, she is in critical condition and we will update the public later today. We ask the entire Hartford community to keep the officer in their thoughts and prayers.
When someone tries to get up, only then people stab them from behind, so that he dies and never gets up.
As a teenager, I would go after people with rocks, and bricks, and baseball bats, and hammers, and, of course, many people know the story when I was 14 and I tried to stab someone.
In one-and-a-half seconds, a man can run 25 feet with a knife in his hands and stab you before you get your gun out, if your weapon is concealed you're dead.
Translations for stab
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- acoltellar, punyalada, apunyalarCatalan, Valencian
- gwanu, trywanuWelsh
- Stichwunde, erstechen, stechen, niederstechen, StichGerman
- puñalada, apuñalar, acuchillarSpanish
- خنجر زدنPersian
- pisto, pistäminen, pistää, puukottaa, pistohaavaFinnish
- percée, poignarder, frapper d'un coup de couteauFrench
- sá, rop, sáighIrish
- puñalada, anavallar, apuñalar, acoitelarGalician
- nyilallik, szúr, bök, döfHungarian
- accoltellare, coltellata, sfregiare, pugnalare, pugnalataItalian
- perforo, traicio, perfodio, confodio, fodio, pungo, perfigo, transfodioLatin
- durti, badytiLithuanian
- aanval, steken, poging, steek, steekwond, kritiekDutch
- stikke, stikkNorwegian
- esfaquear, apunhalarPortuguese
- stilettar, cuntellarRomansh
- a da o lovitură de cuțit, înjunghia, străpungeRomanian
- укол, прокалывать, попытка, критика, колотая рана, удар, ранить, закалывать, удар ноRussian
- бости, bostiSerbo-Croatian
- hugg, sticka, stickSwedish
- bıçaklamak, şişlemekTurkish
- спроба, критикаUkrainian
- cú đâmVietnamese
Get even more translations for stab »
Find a translation for the stab synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)