pang, stab, twinge(noun)
a sudden sharp feeling
"pangs of regret"; "she felt a stab of excitement"; "twinges of conscience"
stab, thrust, knife thrust(noun)
a strong blow with a knife or other sharp pointed instrument
"one strong stab to the heart killed him"
informal words for any attempt or effort
"he gave it his best shot"; "he took a stab at forecasting"
injection, scene, guess, dig, stroke, barb, pellet, gibe, guesswork, slam, crack, thrust, twinge, knife thrust, shooter, shooting, dead reckoning, guessing, blastoff, snap, pang, snapshot, shaft, shot, jibe
use a knife on
"The victim was knifed to death"
stab or pierce
"he jabbed the piece of meat with his pocket knife"
jab, prod, stab, poke, dig(verb)
poke or thrust abruptly
"he jabbed his finger into her ribs"
compass, nose, incite, toil, pry, grind, dig, drudge, moil, dig up, jab, poke, horn in, delve, nudge, grasp, prod, egg on, thump, cut into, knife, travail, labour, get the picture, hollow, apprehend, pound, comprehend, turn over, excavate, savvy, labor, grok, intrude, poke at, dig out
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use stab in a sentence?
I condemn the statements, the scandalous statements, made by the foreign minister of Sweden, it seems she expects Israel's citizens to bare their throats to those trying to stab them. This will not happen, and we will continue to protect the lives of Israel's citizens.
It was not only a stab in the back but in the heart.
They decided they were going to either burn a frat house or they were going to stab some people.
Happy During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records most time spent in the penalty box and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody.
As a teenager, I would go after people with rocks, and bricks, and baseball bats, and hammers, and, of course, many people know the story when I was 14 and I tried to stab someone.
Translations for stab
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- acoltellar, punyalada, apunyalarCatalan, Valencian
- gwanu, trywanuWelsh
- Stichwunde, erstechen, stechen, niederstechen, StichGerman
- puñalada, apuñalar, acuchillarSpanish
- خنجر زدنPersian
- pisto, pistäminen, pistää, puukottaa, pistohaavaFinnish
- percée, poignarder, frapper d'un coup de couteauFrench
- sá, rop, sáighIrish
- puñalada, anavallar, apuñalar, acoitelarGalician
- nyilallik, szúr, bök, döfHungarian
- accoltellare, coltellata, sfregiare, pugnalare, pugnalataItalian
- perforo, traicio, perfodio, confodio, fodio, pungo, perfigo, transfodioLatin
- durti, badytiLithuanian
- aanval, steken, poging, steek, steekwond, kritiekDutch
- stikke, stikkNorwegian
- esfaquear, apunhalarPortuguese
- stilettar, cuntellarRomansh
- a da o lovitură de cuțit, înjunghia, străpungeRomanian
- укол, прокалывать, попытка, критика, колотая рана, удар, ранить, закалывать, удар ноRussian
- бости, bostiSerbo-Croatian
- hugg, sticka, stickSwedish
- bıçaklamak, şişlemekTurkish
- спроба, критикаUkrainian
- cú đâmVietnamese
Get even more translations for stab »
Find a translation for the stab synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)