to supply (a business) with employees
A series of horizontal lines on which musical notes are written.
The employees of a business.
The company employed 10 new staff this month.
A mixture of plaster and fibre used as a temporary exterior wall covering (see Wikipedia article)
personnel who assist their superior in carrying out an assigned task
"the hospital has an excellent nursing staff"; "the general relied on his staff to make routine decisions"
a strong rod or stick with a specialized utilitarian purpose
"he walked with the help of a wooden staff"
the body of teachers and administrators at a school
"the dean addressed the letter to the entire staff of the university"
building material consisting of plaster and hair; used to cover external surfaces of temporary structure (as at an exposition) or for decoration
a rod carried as a symbol
(music) the system of five horizontal lines on which the musical notes are written
provide with staff
"This position is not always staffed"
serve on the staff of
"The two men staff the reception desk"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Medical staff, see there
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use staff in a sentence?
Knowing how Republican House members and staff work closely together at the Capitol, we should have been made aware of this much sooner.
We don't feel it's safe enough for our staff or our customers to just open up for regular business, even with sort of preventive measures.
I can remember sitting in a dark room with a huge spotlight, there’s a seat there like you’re being interrogated for a crime and all the front office staff is in the back in the shadows and you ca n’t see them. The guy grabbed my wrist and he’s like : ‘ I can feel your pulse, so I know if you’re lying to me. Have you ever smoked marijuana ? ’ I said : ‘ No. ’ I really had n’t. I’ve never smoked. He said : ‘ I think you’re lying. I can feel your pulse. Are you lying to us ? ’ I said : ‘ No, I ’m not. ’ CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP.
It was a mistake … When my brother's situation became turbulent, being looped into calls with other friends of his and advisors that did include some of his staff — I understand why that was a problem for CNN.
Sen. Hagerty has assembled an incredible team full of exceptional, diverse talent and expertise who go above and beyond every day to represent and fight for the people of Tennessee, the senator values each and every member of his staff and the hard work they do.
Translations for staff
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- pentagrama, staff, bastó, plantillaCatalan, Valencian
- hůl, osnova, personálCzech
- stav, personale, stang, stabDanish
- Stab, Belegschaft, Personal, NotenlinienGerman
- ράβδος, προσωπικό, επιτελείο, επανδρώνω, ραβδί, πεντάγραμμοGreek
- báculo, equipo, empleado, pauta, pentagrama, bastón, varas, plantilla, personalSpanish
- پرسنل, کادرPersian
- sauva, salko, henkilökunta, nuottiviivasto, henkilöstö, miehittääFinnish
- staff, canne, portée, personnel, bâtonFrench
- cliabh, bataScottish Gaelic
- գավազան, ձեռնափայտ, ցուպArmenian
- pentagramma, bastone, asta, personale, organicoItalian
- 杖, 五線, 人員, 棒, 譜表, スタッフJapanese
- langilangy, tehinaMalagasy
- стап, кадар, петолиние, персоналMacedonian
- balk, notenbalk, staf, medewerkers, personeelDutch
- laska, kij, personel, pracownicy, pięcioliniaPolish
- cajado, pauta, pessoalPortuguese
- personal, portativRomanian
- посох, палка, нотный стан, персонал, жезл, кадр, штатRussian
- шта̑п, osoblje, štȃp, особљеSerbo-Croatian
- palica, žrď, bakuľaSlovak
- stav, personalSwedish
- خىزمەتچىUyghur, Uighur
Get even more translations for staff »
Find a translation for the staff synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)