personnel who assist their superior in carrying out an assigned task
"the hospital has an excellent nursing staff"; "the general relied on his staff to make routine decisions"
a strong rod or stick with a specialized utilitarian purpose
"he walked with the help of a wooden staff"
the body of teachers and administrators at a school
"the dean addressed the letter to the entire staff of the university"
building material consisting of plaster and hair; used to cover external surfaces of temporary structure (as at an exposition) or for decoration
a rod carried as a symbol
(music) the system of five horizontal lines on which the musical notes are written
provide with staff
"This position is not always staffed"
serve on the staff of
"The two men staff the reception desk"
to supply (a business) with employees
A series of horizontal lines on which musical notes are written.
The employees of a business.
The company employed 10 new staff this month.
A mixture of plaster and fibre used as a temporary exterior wall covering (see Wikipedia article)
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Medical staff, see there
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use staff in a sentence?
That's really unusual, for me, at my level, to have to call and say, 'Let my staff in,' there's been maybe one other instance where I had to do that in my six years as director of the CDC.
Even though a swallow does not make a summer and the problems of the car sector in Italy are still huge, we are seeing a first turnaround after 10 years of production and staff losses.
This is a neighborhood that doesn't necessarily expect much from our children, so at Mott Hall Bridges Academy we set our expectations very high. We don't call the children' students,' we call them' scholars.' Our color is purple. Our scholars wear purple, and so do our staff.
Anti-abortion extremists are willing to do anything to stop women from accessing the reproductive health care they are seeking, extremists have broken laws, harassed our doctors and patients, produced hack videos, and now are claiming to have committed a gross invasion of privacy -- one that, if true, could potentially put our staff members at risk.
This policy was developed and recommended by a group of District stakeholders consisting of secondary students, parents, staff and administration, clyde CISD appreciates the input from our community and stakeholders that led to the development of our newly approved dress and grooming policy.
Translations for staff
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- pentagrama, staff, bastó, plantillaCatalan, Valencian
- hůl, osnova, personálCzech
- stav, personale, stang, stabDanish
- Stab, Belegschaft, Personal, NotenlinienGerman
- ράβδος, προσωπικό, επιτελείο, επανδρώνω, ραβδί, πεντάγραμμοGreek
- báculo, equipo, empleado, pauta, pentagrama, bastón, varas, plantilla, personalSpanish
- پرسنل, کادرPersian
- sauva, salko, henkilökunta, nuottiviivasto, henkilöstö, miehittääFinnish
- staff, canne, portée, personnel, bâtonFrench
- cliabh, bataScottish Gaelic
- գավազան, ձեռնափայտ, ցուպArmenian
- pentagramma, bastone, asta, personale, organicoItalian
- 杖, 五線, 人員, 棒, 譜表, スタッフJapanese
- langilangy, tehinaMalagasy
- стап, кадар, петолиние, персоналMacedonian
- balk, notenbalk, staf, medewerkers, personeelDutch
- laska, kij, personel, pracownicy, pięcioliniaPolish
- cajado, pauta, pessoalPortuguese
- personal, portativRomanian
- посох, палка, нотный стан, персонал, жезл, кадр, штатRussian
- шта̑п, osoblje, štȃp, особљеSerbo-Croatian
- palica, žrď, bakuľaSlovak
- stav, personalSwedish
- خىزمەتچىUyghur, Uighur
Get even more translations for staff »
Find a translation for the staff synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)