personnel who assist their superior in carrying out an assigned task
"the hospital has an excellent nursing staff"; "the general relied on his staff to make routine decisions"
a strong rod or stick with a specialized utilitarian purpose
"he walked with the help of a wooden staff"
the body of teachers and administrators at a school
"the dean addressed the letter to the entire staff of the university"
building material consisting of plaster and hair; used to cover external surfaces of temporary structure (as at an exposition) or for decoration
a rod carried as a symbol
(music) the system of five horizontal lines on which the musical notes are written
provide with staff
"This position is not always staffed"
serve on the staff of
"The two men staff the reception desk"
to supply (a business) with employees
A series of horizontal lines on which musical notes are written.
The employees of a business.
The company employed 10 new staff this month.
A mixture of plaster and fibre used as a temporary exterior wall covering (see Wikipedia article)
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Medical staff, see there
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use staff in a sentence?
Oil CEOs would do well to find common cause with the pope and ensure that their skilled staff and deep balance sheets are deployed to ensure that business is a force for good.
Navy officials did indeed meet with interested congressional members and staffers on Wednesday to provide a classified brief on efforts to understand and identify these threats to the safety and security of our aviators, follow-up discussions with other interested staffers are scheduled for later today( Thursday, 20 June). Navy officials will continue to keep interested congressional members and staff informed. Given the classified nature of these discussions, we will not comment on the specific information provided in these Hill briefings.
Our physicians and staff at no time leave an active operating room, procedural area, or patient room to greet anyone.
They didn't really trust the staff -- it took them a full year to really carry on a conversation while the staff was in the room.
Based on Public Healths follow up and investigation, In-N-Out is adhering to frequent cleaning and disinfecting protocols, in addition to enacting employee screenings, exclusion of ill employees, and cohorting staff, recommendations to temporarily close are given when transmission within the facility is identified and to allow for proper cleaning and disinfecting.
Translations for staff
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- pentagrama, staff, bastó, plantillaCatalan, Valencian
- hůl, osnova, personálCzech
- stav, personale, stang, stabDanish
- Stab, Belegschaft, Personal, NotenlinienGerman
- ράβδος, προσωπικό, επιτελείο, επανδρώνω, ραβδί, πεντάγραμμοGreek
- báculo, equipo, empleado, pauta, pentagrama, bastón, varas, plantilla, personalSpanish
- پرسنل, کادرPersian
- sauva, salko, henkilökunta, nuottiviivasto, henkilöstö, miehittääFinnish
- staff, canne, portée, personnel, bâtonFrench
- cliabh, bataScottish Gaelic
- գավազան, ձեռնափայտ, ցուպArmenian
- pentagramma, bastone, asta, personale, organicoItalian
- 杖, 五線, 人員, 棒, 譜表, スタッフJapanese
- langilangy, tehinaMalagasy
- стап, кадар, петолиние, персоналMacedonian
- balk, notenbalk, staf, medewerkers, personeelDutch
- laska, kij, personel, pracownicy, pięcioliniaPolish
- cajado, pauta, pessoalPortuguese
- personal, portativRomanian
- посох, палка, нотный стан, персонал, жезл, кадр, штатRussian
- шта̑п, osoblje, štȃp, особљеSerbo-Croatian
- palica, žrď, bakuľaSlovak
- stav, personalSwedish
- خىزمەتچىUyghur, Uighur
Get even more translations for staff »
Find a translation for the staff synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)