Synonyms for strange
This thesaurus page includes all potential synonyms, words with the same meaning and similar terms for the word strange.
Wiktionary0.0 / 0 votes
To be estranged or alienated.
He thought it strange that his girlfriend wore shorts in the winter.
Unfamiliar, not yet part of one's experience.
I moved to a strange town when I was ten.
Having the quantum mechanical property of strangeness.
English Synonyms and Antonyms5.0 / 1 vote
Foreign refers to difference of birth, alien to difference of allegiance. In their figurative use, that is foreign which is remote, unlike, or unconnected; that is alien which is conflicting, hostile, or opposed. Impertinent and irrelevant matters can not claim consideration in a certain connection; inappropriate matters could not properly be considered. Compare ALIEN, n.; CONTRAST, v.
Such a purpose was alien to (or from) my thought: to preferable.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms5.0 / 2 votes
Princeton's WordNet3.0 / 6 votes
being definitely out of the ordinary and unexpected; slightly odd or even a bit weird
"a strange exaltation that was indefinable"; "a strange fantastical mind"; "what a strange sense of humor she has"
not known before
"used many strange words"; "saw many strange faces in the crowd"; "don't let anyone unknown into the house"
relating to or originating in or characteristic of another place or part of the world
"foreign nations"; "a foreign accent"; "on business in a foreign city"
one can not know and it come to existence, it had to be of sense, real . mystery when you can not perfectly explain but with believe it always come to existence.
reading understanding and recalling, jesus as a healer and as a teacher
outlandishadjectiveSubmitted by Providence on July 15, 2023
Dictionary of English Synonymes0.0 / 0 votes
new, novel, unusual, uncommon, unnatural, abnormal, anomalous, singular, rare, irregular, extraordinary, wonderful, inexplicable, exceptional, unique, PRETERNATURAL, unheard of, out of the way
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words3.0 / 1 vote
foreign, unfamiliar, exotic, outlandish, novel, odd, unusual, queer, unique, nondescript, exceptional, singular, peculiar, rare, erratic, unique, bizarre, eccentric, inexplicable, unaccustomed, unfamiliar, reserved, distant, unfriendly, unknown
Song lyrics by strange -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by strange on the Lyrics.com website.
Words popularity by usage frequency
Someone shouted: 'Drop to the ground' and I dropped, but suddenly I felt strange warmth and pain. My arm was lying on my belly in a strange position and I had a wound in my belly, i thought I was dying.
She was wearing hijab, black scarf. It was strange for us to see our aunt like that. When she lived here she dressed very well. She wore gold and diamonds. This dramatic change, it was very strange to see her covered all over.
Still seems it strange, that thou shouldst live forever Is it less strange, that thou shouldst live at all This is a miracle and that no more.
Though a good deal is too strange to be believed, nothing is too strange to have happened.
We all dream we do not understand our dreams, yet we act as if nothing strange goes on in our sleep minds, strange at least by comparison with the logical, purposeful doings of our minds when we are awake.
Translations for strange
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- أَجْنَبِي, عَجِيب, غَرِيب, غريبArabic
- estranyCatalan, Valencian
- divný, zvláštní, neznámý, cizí, podivnýCzech
- underlig, mærkeligDanish
- komisch, fremd, ausländisch, verwunderlich, sonderbar, seltsamGerman
- παράξενος, περίεργος, παράδοξος, αλλόκοτοςGreek
- raro, desconocido, extrañoSpanish
- عجیب و غریب, عجیبPersian
- outo, ihmeellinen, kummallinen, tuntematon, vierasFinnish
- inconnu, étrange, étrangerFrench
- nuver, frjemde, nuvere, frjemdWestern Frisian
- ait, aisteach, éagsúlachIrish
- coimheach, annasach, neònachScottish Gaelic
- raro, estrañoGalician
- ismeretlen, különös, idegen, különleges, furcsaHungarian
- տարօրինակ, օտարArmenian
- 変, 奇妙, 奇妙なJapanese
- ចំឡែក, ប្លែកKhmer
- 이상하다, 이상한Korean
- seyr, ecêb, سهیر, عهنتیکه, mat, sosretKurdish
- extraneus, alienaLatin
- nepažįstamas, svetima, keistas, nepažįstama, svetimas, keistaLithuanian
- svešāds, dīvains, svešsLatvian
- pelik, ganjil, gharib, anehMalay
- onbekend, uitheems, buitenlands, strange, vreemd, raarDutch
- ukjent, rar, sær, merkelig, fremmedNorwegian
- obcy, dziwnyPolish
- estranho, desconhecidoPortuguese
- straniu, ciudat, nenatural, neobișnuitRomanian
- стра́нный, чужо́й, необы́чный, чудно́й, чу́ждый, незнако́мый, странныйRussian
- чудноват, чудан, čudan, stran, čudnovat, стран, необичан, neobičanSerbo-Croatian
- främmande, underlig, konstigSwedish
- విచిత్రమైన, వింతTelugu
- yabancı, tuhaf, garipTurkish
- ди́вний, дивнийUkrainian
- lạ, lạ lùngVietnamese
Get even more translations for strange »
Find a translation for the strange synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"strange." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 8 Dec. 2023. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/strange>.