Synonyms for strange
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and similar words for the term strange.
To be estranged or alienated.
He thought it strange that his girlfriend wore shorts in the winter.
Unfamiliar, not yet part of one's experience.
I moved to a strange town when I was ten.
Having the quantum mechanical property of strangeness.
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Foreign refers to difference of birth, alien to difference of allegiance. In their figurative use, that is foreign which is remote, unlike, or unconnected; that is alien which is conflicting, hostile, or opposed. Impertinent and irrelevant matters can not claim consideration in a certain connection; inappropriate matters could not properly be considered. Compare ALIEN, n.; CONTRAST, v.
Such a purpose was alien to (or from) my thought: to preferable.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
being definitely out of the ordinary and unexpected; slightly odd or even a bit weird
"a strange exaltation that was indefinable"; "a strange fantastical mind"; "what a strange sense of humor she has"
not known before
"used many strange words"; "saw many strange faces in the crowd"; "don't let anyone unknown into the house"
relating to or originating in or characteristic of another place or part of the world
"foreign nations"; "a foreign accent"; "on business in a foreign city"
one can not know and it come to existence, it had to be of sense, real . mystery when you can not perfectly explain but with believe it always come to existence.
reading understanding and recalling, jesus as a healer and as a teacher
Dictionary of English Synonymes
new, novel, unusual, uncommon, unnatural, abnormal, anomalous, singular, rare, irregular, extraordinary, wonderful, inexplicable, exceptional, unique, PRETERNATURAL, unheard of, out of the way
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
foreign, unfamiliar, exotic, outlandish, novel, odd, unusual, queer, unique, nondescript, exceptional, singular, peculiar, rare, erratic, unique, bizarre, eccentric, inexplicable, unaccustomed, unfamiliar, reserved, distant, unfriendly, unknown
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use strange in a sentence?
Unfortunately, there's a kind of strange asterisks to all of this, which is that in a lot of areas, calls are actually going down because, oftentimes, people who are victims feel unsafe to make those calls when they're stuck in the same room as their abuser.
There is nothing strange that a person who brings actually a good change in the society only goes out of its benefit range and the people who opposed to it then often derives later on the maximum profit out of it.
This pop band is just today's version ... so people in China will not find it strange and find it easy to accept.
Why bring a 16-year-old South American to Europe ? Because you want to exploit the player and you can make money out of this player, i can not imagine that a 16-year-old in Brazil really wants to leave his parents and go to a strange country where it's always raining.
It appears strange to me that there are no documents that tells us why there graves are empty.
Translations for strange
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- أَجْنَبِي, عَجِيب, غَرِيب, غريبArabic
- estranyCatalan, Valencian
- divný, zvláštní, neznámý, cizí, podivnýCzech
- underlig, mærkeligDanish
- komisch, fremd, ausländisch, verwunderlich, sonderbar, seltsamGerman
- παράξενος, περίεργος, παράδοξος, αλλόκοτοςGreek
- raro, desconocido, extrañoSpanish
- عجیب و غریب, عجیبPersian
- outo, ihmeellinen, kummallinen, tuntematon, vierasFinnish
- inconnu, étrange, étrangerFrench
- nuver, frjemde, nuvere, frjemdWestern Frisian
- ait, aisteach, éagsúlachIrish
- coimheach, annasach, neònachScottish Gaelic
- raro, estrañoGalician
- ismeretlen, különös, idegen, különleges, furcsaHungarian
- տարօրինակ, օտարArmenian
- 変, 奇妙, 奇妙なJapanese
- ចំឡែក, ប្លែកKhmer
- 이상하다, 이상한Korean
- seyr, ecêb, سهیر, عهنتیکه, mat, sosretKurdish
- extraneus, alienaLatin
- nepažįstamas, svetima, keistas, nepažįstama, svetimas, keistaLithuanian
- svešāds, dīvains, svešsLatvian
- pelik, ganjil, gharib, anehMalay
- onbekend, uitheems, buitenlands, strange, vreemd, raarDutch
- ukjent, rar, sær, merkelig, fremmedNorwegian
- obcy, dziwnyPolish
- estranho, desconhecidoPortuguese
- straniu, ciudat, nenatural, neobișnuitRomanian
- стра́нный, чужо́й, необы́чный, чудно́й, чу́ждый, незнако́мый, странныйRussian
- чудноват, чудан, čudan, stran, čudnovat, стран, необичан, neobičanSerbo-Croatian
- främmande, underlig, konstigSwedish
- విచిత్రమైన, వింతTelugu
- yabancı, tuhaf, garipTurkish
- ди́вний, дивнийUkrainian
- lạ, lạ lùngVietnamese
Get even more translations for strange »
Find a translation for the strange synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"strange." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2022. Web. 19 Aug. 2022. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/strange>.